Shaiya Updater Issues
From Shaiya Wiki
Download Failed: Cannot read file.c25 / A connection with server could not be established
- This error, as far as I can tell is caused by one of three things (In order of how common) -
- Your ISP is having issues OR your internet in general is very flaky (Many wireless connections are not able to maintain the constant connection needed for online gaming if they are not set up properly)
- Your Firewall is blocking the game.
- Your DNS server (Generally provided by your ISP), it tends to be a regional thing within one Internet Service Provider, like Comcast. This error can fix itself over time just from your ISP 'fixing' the DNS server.
- The first thing I want you to do is reset your modem. If you are on a wireless connection, I would recommend using the cable directly instead and seeing if that helps anything.
- The second thing I want you to do is to flush your DNS cache, you do this by opening a command prompt (Make sure you are running it as an administrator) and typing the following commands:
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew
This method ^ has been known not to work, so don't worry if you cannot figure out how to do it.
- The third thing I would recommend trying would be to disable your firewall TEMPORARILY and see if your game runs properly. If it does, you need to add Shaiya as an exception to your firewall.
- The fourth thing I would recommend you try would be to look for a public DNS server and change your own settings to test if it is in fact an issue with your DNS server. To get one of these just google 'Public DNS Servers' and you will get a ton of links with the DNS server addresses listed. The server addresses should come in groups of at least 2, make sure to copy down both of the addresses. For example, Google provides a public DNS server with 184.108.40.206 as the primary server and 220.127.116.11 as the alternate. Feel free to use those if you don't want to go through the hassle of searching.
- Now, you need to set your TCP/IP settings to use this newly obtained DNS server address
You most likely use Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and remember, you are only changing the DNS server settings.
- For Windows XP: http://www.mediacollege.com/computer/network/dns.html OR http://support.microsoft.com/kb/305553
- For Windows Vista: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Change-TCP-IP-settings
- For Windows 7: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Change-TCP-IP-settings
On a final note: If changing your settings to use Google's DNS server, or if any other given DNS server works, you still might want to switch back to your old settings in a few days once the DNS issue has been solved with your Internet Service Provider.
Error connecting to Server please check notice board
- The server is likely down for maintenance, check here:
- Try again every 15 minutes or so. If it doesn't connect after 2 hours, then post in Technical Problems, provided no-one has raised the issue recently.
- If that doesn't work, try flushing your DNS.
- If you have used some kind of Unofficial patch check that your hosts file is not corrupted.
Problems Connecting to the Update Server
- Make sure you are using the Administrator account, or and account with Administrator privileges.
- If it's your first time trying to connect to Shaiya, make sure your Firewall Configuration is setup to allow Shaiya and it's programs through.
- Flushing your DNS.
- Try setting LAN Automatic Settings.
- Re-install Shaiya making sure you use the latest client installer.
- Make sure you have at least Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher installed (default in most Windows products).
Known Applications that block Shaiya
Some applications are known to block Shaiya, here is the list, and instructions on how to add it to allow Shaiya:
Skip the Shaiya Updater
Shaiya Updater timeouts
- You could try waiting about 1 hour or so then re-try when there may be less load.
THIS DOES NOT WORK
The version does not match, please install new client from homepage.c20