From Kingdom Heroes Wiki
Kingdom Heroes features a soldier system whereby you can hire NPC troops to fight for your cause.
Soldiers are divided into three main categories: male, female and animal :
- Male soldiers lean towards melee, and often have higher HP and defense; therefore they can be used to absorb damage and usually last longer in fights.
- Female soldiers lean towards supporting roles in their advanced classes. As such, their statistics generally favor dexterity and strength, which give higher chances for scoring critical hits.
- Animals provide high offensive power but lack attack speed.
- You can't deploy soldiers who are higher in level than you.
- A soldier who have the same level as you won't outlevel you. He/she will remain at 99% until you level up.
- Soldiers won't lose EXP when they die.
To deploy soldiers in your command, assign soldiers to squads with a specific formation and give them combat commands, known as tactics. Once the soldiers are in your soldier inventory (press B and look at the bottom area, where there is a 10 wide x 2 deep bar) they can be assigned to a squad.
Loyalty affects a soldier's a will to fight. A loyalty below 30 (soldier's name appears in darkblue) means the soldier will fight slower and less effectively. A soldier with a loyalty of 0 cannot be deployed.
- Loyalty decreases by 5 when a soldier dies
- After level 30, soldiers lose loyalty based on the amount of damage they take.
- Note : Male and Female conscripts' loyalty decrease 4x slower than all other classes.
Loyalty can be raised by using different items :
|Icon||Name||Raised by||Where to get :|
For Morale Talisman duration :
All soldiers can equip items to raise their fighting potential. Soldiers are limited in the type of weapons and armor they can use( valid types are indicated when you mouse-over their equip slots). Soldiers can also use a Talisman.
- Small note :
Because soldiers do not have skill quest bonus, their weapons won't glow and won't get any bonus from upgrades; a +30 weapon will only give +30 attack, and a +30 armor will only give +30 defense.
All enchants (including special one) work for soldiers
All soldiers can be promoted to a better class once they fulfill these requirements :
- The soldier has reached or surpassed the required level [see Soldier Promotion Tree]
- You have the correct Promotion token to promote him/her
- You have enough money to promote the soldier
Once all of the above are fulfilled, you can speak to aConscription Officer
Soldier Promotion Tree
Number of soldiers
The number of soldiers you can deploy is managed by Unit points and CHArisma, ALL conditions need to be ok to be able to use them.
Every soldier use a certain number of Unit points :
- Cavalry Archer and Light Cavalry tree costs 2 Unit points
- All others soldiers costs 1 Unit point
Your class determines the number of Unit point you have :
- if you are a warrior you can use 2 Female Archers or 1 Light Cavalry
CHA cost for every class of soldiers:
- if you have 20 CHA you can deploy 4 Male conscripts or 2 Male Guards