Slang & Jargon
From Shaiya Wiki
Here is a list of in-game slang and jargon terms.
- Add - Additional mob (when you're already fighting and new enemies run up to you)
- AFK - Away from keyboard
- Aggro - Aggression of an enemy
- AoP - Aura of Peace (now called Aura Of Health) (Priest/Oracle buff)
- AoE - Area of Effect usually meaning a skill that effects more then one mob or a mob with a skill that can hit everyone close to them
- AN - Aidion Neckria
- AR - Agrilla Ruin
- Auto - Double click on a player to auto follow them
- AoL - Alliance of Light
- AOF - ARMY OF FURY
- AP - Aeria Points - official currency in Aeria Games.
- AH - Auction Guild House - game internal market
- B/Bill - 1.000.000.000 gold (1billion)
- BM - Basic Mode
- BRB - Be right back
- BRT - Be right there
- BTW - By the way
- BB - ByeBye
- BDC - Blue Dragon Charm
- Bro - Brother
- Bk - Back
- Battle - Battle Build (Defender)
- BBI - Be Back In ( going AFK to answer the door or something usually followed by an estimated number of minutes) BBI 5 - Be Back In 5 Minutes
- BoGo - also known as bogof used for promotions in the item mall Buy One, Get One free
- Borc - battle Orc build where a healer is used for attacks instead of heals
- Canta - The second pvp map "Cantabilian" for levels 20-30
- CL - Cloron's Lair
- CF - Cornwell Forest
- Cos/Coz/Cuz - Short for 'cause (because).
- CR - Cornwell Ruins (mainly being used to refer to Cornwell's Seal, the dungeon in Erina, rather than the zone in Erina that's actually named Cornwell's Ruins)
- CT - CrypticOne Throne
- D1 - D-water dungeon 1 a.k.a. Travos Cavum (pvp 1-60)
- D2 - D-water dungeon 2 (pvp 1-60)
- Darkies - Union of Fury Characters
- DC - Disconnected (Internet Failure)
- DD1 - The pvp map Deep Desert 1
- DD2 - The pvp map Deep Desert 2
- Def - Defender
- Dex - Dexterity
- Dinos - 3rd borderland "Stable Erde" accessible from 1-60 stronghold portal/big lizard type mobs :)
- Dmg - Damage
- DoT - Damage over time, e.g. when a monster gets poisoned
- DPS - Damage per Second - people(s) in a party who kill quick usually fighters or mages
- Debuff - An attack that reduces your stat points for certain periods of time
- DING - A way of telling your friends you have leveled
- EC/E-Cave - Elemental cave. Alliance of Light dungeon, accessible from Willieoseu
- ED - Ethereal Darkness (guild on Lailah UoF)
- EM - Easy Mode, (no more exits in game)
- EXP - Experience Points
- Ele Lapis - A special type of lapis that adds an element to the player i.e: Wind, Earth, Fire, Water
- Fed - Fedion (mainly being used to refer to Senechio's Cave, the dungeon in Willieoseu, rather than the zone in Willieoseu that's actually named Fedion)
- FL - Fantasma's Lair
- FTL - For the lose
- FTW - For the win
- FYI - For Your Information
- FM - Freezing Mirage (Boss)
- FW - Frost Woods
- GB - Good Bye.
- GG - Good Game.
- GTG/G2G - Got to go.
- GL&HF - Good luck and have fun.
- GM / [GM] - Game Master.
- Grind - Constantly killing to gain Experience Points.
- GS / [GS] - Game Sages.
- Gratz/gtz/GZ - Congratulations.
- GvG - Guild versus Guild.
- GRB - Guild Ranking Battles. (Held every Saturday)
- GSP - Great super potion. (Restore 2400 hp,mp and sp)
- GH - Guild House
- IDC - I don't care.
- IDK - I don't know.
- Inc - Incoming mob, or in pvp, someone of the opposing faction.
- Int - Intelligence
- JK- joke
- K - 1,000 gold. Example: 123k = 123,000 gold.
- KH - Kalamu's House (dungeon)
- Kite - A tactic of running circles, usually to increase distance for extra damage (Archer/hunter) or decrease cast interruptions (Mage/pagan/priest/oracle).
- Kite tank - A player who uses a tactic of running circles after using a skill to gain aggression in order to tank strong monsters.
- KK - Okay; sometimes: a million.
- KS - Kill stealer, kill steal.
- LF - Looking for... Example: "LF Defender".
- LFG - Looking for group; sometimes: looking for guild.
- LFP - looking for party; sometimes: looking for players (when in a party).
- LFPP - looking for Perfect Party
- Light - common reference to Alliance of Light
- Lighties - Alliance of Light characters
- LMAO - Laughing my a*s off
- LM/LFM - Looking for members
- LOL - Laughing out loud.
- Lvl - Level.
- Lapis - A sepcial type of gem that adds to a certain stat (sometimes Lapis can add to two stats called a Dual lapis, Also there are Elemental and Sonic Lapis, See E and S Sections for more details)
- Luc/luk - Luck
- M/mil - 1,000,000 gold. (1million)
- Mait - Maitreyan, dungeon on Willieoseu
- Mob/mobs - A group of enemies/monsters or single monster
- MP - Mana Points. Mana Potions
- Newbie - New Player (not rude).
- N00b/newb/nwb - (sometimes) New Player, sometimes derogatory.
- NM - Normal Mode. (mode has been removed from game)
- NPC - Non-player character or non-playable character.
- NP - No problem.
- NT - Nice Try
- Nos - Nostrum, various types of enhancements bought through the item mall or other players.
- Nosser - A player using Nostrums.
- OMG - Oh my God/gosh.
- OMW - On my way.
- OOC - Out of character (used for roleplaying).
- OOM - Out of Mana Points.
- OOP - Out of party, used when a group is being helped by someone outside of their party.
- OOS - Out of Stamina Points.
- ORC - Short for Oracle
- OI - Oblivion Insula.
- Pag - Short for Pagan
- PK - Player killer/killing, used for battles.
- PLF - Party looking for... Example: "PLF Priest!"
- pl0x/pls/plz - Please
- Plvl - Stands for Power Leveling. Often players ask/pay a High level toon to power-level them to help them level faster (A highlevel can kill the monsters in one area quickly while the other person/s try not to get themselves killed)
- PM - Private Message
- PP - Perfect Party preferably a tank pulls many mobs and party use AoE skills( Windspin, hellsfire etc) to kill them fast, for harder mobs a priest can be added to help keep the tank alive. PP refers mostly to an even lvl party but is commonly used for any party with 7 players
- Pty/pt - short for Party
- PvE - Player versus environment (same as PvM).
- PvM - Player versus monsters (same as PvE).
- PvP - Player versus player.
- Pot(s) - Potions
- Pull (Lure) - Standing near an enemy, just so far away that it notices you and runs towards you, effectively being lured away from a pack of other monsters.
- PC - Price Check, Player Character, Personal Computer, and Prince.Catali, the Evil Prince of Teos Fury, the Shadow of Death you cant escape...
- QQ/Q.Q - Crying, whining about something
- RC - Ruber Chaos
- Re - Back; return.
- ROFL - Rolling on the floor laughing.
- RvR - Realm versus realm (includes PvP).
- Res/rez - Ressurect usually used to ask for resurrection skill to be used to revive toon
- ROFLMAO - Rolling on floor, laughing my a*s off.
- REC - Recovery Stat(1 defense and 5 hp per 'Rec')
- SC - Reffers to Sky City accessed via the map D-Water bordland
- SP - Stamina Points. Stamina Points
- STFU - Shut the F*ck up.
- Str - Strength
- Sin/Sas - Short for Assassin sin is the more common term (Ass not good)
- Sis - Sister
- Tag - to double click on to someone so you can just follow them. handy if you need to go afk for a min.
- Tank - Defender (Alliance of Light)/Guardian (Union of Fury).
- TBH - To be honest
- TTYL - Talk to you later
- TY - Thank you.
- TYVM - Thank you very much
- TOON - A user's character
- TR - Top Ruin
- WB - Welcome back.
- WC - Wrong chat. For when you accidentally type in the wrong chat channel.
- WTB - Want to buy.
- WTS - Want to sell.
- WTT - Want to trade.
- WTF - What the F*ck.
- WTH - What the hell.
- WTP - Want To Party.
- Warr/War - Short for Warrior.
- Wis - Wisdom.
- Ws - West Sand
- XP - Short for Experience Points
- YW - You're welcome
- y? - Why?