From Shaiya Wiki
Lapis are crystals used to enhance a player's stat points and skills. Lapis are added to a piece of slotted equipment through a process called linking which is performed at a blacksmith. Each time the player attempts to link a lapis, there is a chance of success or failure based on a percentage figure.
Direct Link tothread in the Aeria Forums.
- Level 1 Lapis : May be looted in the level 1-15 pvp area also known as Proelium Frontier, accessible from the Alliance of Light city of Keolloseu and the Union of Fury city of Gliter. Level 1 Lapis have a 41-45% Linking Chance of Success at 0 Blessing and a 46-50% Linking Chance of Success at full Blessing. It costs 4,075 Gold to Link at a Blacksmith or 2,444 Gold at a Guild House Blacksmith.
- Level 2 Lapis : May be looted in the level 20-30 pvp area also known as Cantibilian Borderlands, accessible from the Alliance of Light city of Arktuis Vill (Blessian Fortress), and the Union of Fury city of Starfumos Vill (Trineton Stronghold). Level 2 Lapis may also be looted within the dungeons which may be accessed within the 20-30 pvp area (they are faction specific). Level 2 Lapis have a 33-37% Linking Chance of Success at 0 Blessing and a 38-42% Linking Chance of Success at full Blessing. May also be looted from the weaker mobs in the 1-60 PvP area D-Water Borderland It costs 11,230 Gold to Link at a Blacksmith or 6,737 Gold at a Guild House Blacksmith.
- Level 3 Lapis : May be looted in the 1-60 pvp area also known as D-Water Borderland, from most mobs on the map, Tragos Cavum, and Water Dragon Lair (colloquially known as D1 and D2). Level 3 Lapis have a 25-29% Linking Chance of Success at 0 Blessing and a 30-34% Linking Chance of Success at full Blessing. It costs 22,945 Gold to Link at a Blacksmith or 13,766 Gold at a Guild House Blacksmith.
- Level 4 Lapis : May be looted from Bolderland NightMare (Fury Side), (Bolderland Leopardess ? (Light Side) need AoL to confirm) mobs in D-Water Borderland and from Skeleton Knights and higher mobs in Water Dragon Lair. Level 4 Lapis have a 9-13% Linking Chance of Success at 0 Blessing and a 14-18% Linking Chance of Success at full Blessing. It costs 137,880 Gold to Link at a Blacksmith or 82,727 Gold at a Guild House Blacksmith.
- Level 5 Lapis : May be looted from the bosses in Cave of Stigma (Light Side) or Aurizen Ruin (Fury Side), and Medius or Ereon relic mobs (faction based). Level 5 Lapis have a 1-5% Linking Chance of Success at 0 Blessing and a 6-10% Linking Chance of Success at full Blessing. It costs 364,980 Gold to Link at a Blacksmith or 218,987 Gold at a Guild House Blacksmith.
- Level 6 Stat Lapis : Level 6 Stat Lapis can be looted from the chests dropped by Haruhion (Fury Side) or Freezing Mirage (Light Side). Level 6 Stat Lapis also can be found as loot in Oblivion Insula. It costs 479,980 Gold to Link at a Blacksmith or 287,987 Gold at a Guild House Blacksmith. The base success rate of linking with an Operator Hammer is 20% (1% without Op), but increases for toons >= lvl60 by 1% per level.
- Level 6 Debuff Lapis: The L6 Debuff Lapis can be looted from the chests dropped by Fantasma(Dragon) (Fury Side) or Cloron(Dragon) (Light Side). Some of them can also be found in Caelum Greendieta boxes, but the "good" ones (Pain, blindside, silence) are only dropped by the boss, Greendieta Seraphim. They have 1% chance of linking at 0 or full bless (20% with Op).
- Level 7 Stat Lapis : Level 7 Stat Lapis drop only from Regnum boxes, attained via quests for toons lvl60..lvl69. 1% chance of linking into your gear with full bless, and they break gear unless a Lucky Charm is used. Lv 7 Stat Lapis take up one slot on armor and weapons, and can only be linked to gear level 31 or higher.
- Level 7 Debuff Lapis : Level 7 Debuff Lapis drop from Greendieta Seraphim. They take up two slots on weapons, and they break gear unless a Lucky Charm is used. They have a much better procurement rate than Lv6 Debuff Lapis, and also more impact (longer duration, higher damage).
Note:- Level 1 to 5 Lapis Success has a 4% variation due to Player level (every 20 levels = +1% to link) and Blacksmith used (Guild House Blacksmith gives an additional 1% if Upgraded). Lv7 Lapis Success is only affected by the Guild House Blacksmith (2% chance if upgraded).
These Lapis are the most common and affect a character (or item's) base statistics.
- Craft Lapis - Raises STR
- Safe Lapis - Raises REC
- Mystic Lapis - Raises INT
- Wise Lapis - Raises WIS
- Shrewd Lapis - Raises DEX
- Fortune Lapis - Raises LUC
- Life Lapis - Raises HP
- Mental Lapis - Raises MP
- Vigor Lapis - Raises SP
- Assault Lapis - Increases Weapon Attack Power
- Deceive Lapis - Increases Weapon's Maximum Attack Power
- Forbid Lapis - Raises Defense
- Wit Lapis - Raises Magical Resistance
- Endure Lapis - Raises Equipment Endurance
There are various other Lapis that don't necessarily affect the character directly, but instead enhance movement speed, elemental attributes, attack speed, among other things. These Lapis are listed below, broken into sections with regard to their overall effect when linked.
Attack Modifier Lapis
- Horison Lapis (aka Horizon)
- Flash Lapis
- Debuff Lapis
- Debuff Lapis can inflict their conditon on the target through physical OR magical damage
- The % chance for successfully inflicting the condition varies from Lapis to Lapis
- Each condtion in the listing can be countered by the appropriate 'cure', whether scroll, potion, or the Dispel spell
- Debuff Lapis now come in two varieties ; Lv6 and Lv7
- Lv6 Debuff Lapis do NOT break gear on a failed link and require one slot to link
- Lv7 Debuff Lapis WILL break gear on a failed link and require two slots to link
Elemental Lapis ( Lv2 Elements added with Caelum Sacra update April 2010 )
- Caution: Linking more than 1 elemental Lapis to a single item negates ALL elemental properties of that item
- Elemental Cycle :
- is strong against is strong against is strong against is strong against
- are all stronger than non-elemental
- Damage modifiers for Lv1/Lv2 per element:
- Dual Craft
- Dual Shrewd
- Dual Mystic
- Dual Safe
- Dual Fortune
- Dual Wise
- Each Dual Lapis Lv1..4 adds +9 to the primary related stat and a secondary additonal bonus
- Linking Chance of Success and Cost are the same as Level 4 Lapis
- The new Type5 Dual Lapis (Ep5 addition) can only be slotted to equipment level 31+ (1% Link rate) but do NOT break gear on a failed link
- Drop locations (Type 1-4):
- Rasio / Rasyo
- Decd / Decdsy
- Inter / Interser
- Act / Loact
- Roser / Rosers
- Adi / Adio
- Links to Jewelry only (rings, loops, amulets)
- 1% link chance at full bless and a failed link will destroy the item
- Drop: Location: Mobs in Deep Desert 2 (aka DD2)
- Perfect Lapis
- Sonic Lapis
- Angel Bless Lapis
- Angel Guard Lapis
- HeartForce Lapis
- WizardForce Lapis
- BullForce Lapis
- Debuff Counter Lapis
- Absorption Lapis
Linking / Extraction Hammers
Linking hammers increase the basic chance to successfully link Lapis to your armor, weapons, or accessories. They are not a required item for successful linking, but will increase the chance, keeping in mind the 50% maximum link chance. There are 8 different linking hammers available to players at this time.
- Level 1 Hammer : +10% to linking chance (chance x 1.1)
- Level 2 Hammer : +20% to linking chance (chance x 1.2)
- Level 3 Hammer : +50% to linking chance (chance x 1.5)
- Level 4 Hammer : +80% to linking chance (chance x 1.8)
- Level 5 Hammer : +100% to linking chance (chance x 2)
- Level 6 Hammer : +200% to linking chance (chance x 3)
- Level 7 Hammer : +300% to linking chance (chance x 4)
- 2x Linking Hammer: +100% to linking chance (chance x 2)
- Operators Exclusive : +2000% to linking chance (chance x 20)
The maximum chance for player linking attempts is capped at 50%.
EXAMPLE : If you have a ~30% chance to link and use a Level 2 hammer, your link chance will be increased to ~36% ( 30% + (20% of 30) = 36% )
- To use a Linking Hammer, simply place one in the hammer slot on the Lapis linking dialogue
Once a Lapis is linked they can only be removed if you take the item back to Blacksmith. Note, however that if you attempt to Extract Lapis at a Blacksmith, the blacksmith will try to remove ALL of the Lapis currently linked to the item. The only way to remove a specific Lapis from among those already linked is through the use of an Extraction Hammer.
- Small Extraction Hammer ~40% chance to extract
- Large Extraction Hammer ~80% chance to extract
To use an Extraction Hammer, simply place the hammer in the hammer slot of the Lapis linking dialogue. You will need to click on the Lapis you want to extract, which will then be hi-lited, then click 'Extract'. A dialogue showing the chance and price to extract will come up, just as when linking Lapis, click OK to continue. If the extraction is successful, the Lapis will be placed in your inventory. If the extraction fails, the selcted Lapis, and ONLY the selected Lapis, will break.
As a side note regarding extractions, if you attempt to extract a Lapis that can break gear on a failed link, the same penalty also applies to a failed extraction. The only way to protect your gear from failed extraction breakage is to use a GM extraction (webmall).
Basic Linking Chart
|Dual Craft||+ STR / xx|
|Dual Safe||+ REC / xx|
|Dual Mystic||+ INT / xx|
|Dual Wise||+ WIS / xx|
|Dual Shrewd||+ DEX / xx|
|Dual Fortune||+ LUC / xx|
|Accessory||+7 stat / +6 stat|
|HeartForce||+ STR / LUC|
|WizardForce||+ INT / WIS|
|BullForce||+ REC / DEX|
|Perfect||+ all stats|
|Angel Bless||+ HP/MP/SP|
|Assault||+ min/max dmg|
|Deceive||+ max dmg|
|Angel Guard||+ resist / defense|
|Sonic||+ move speed|
|Horison||+ att range|
|Flash||+ att speed|
|Fire Lapis||Fire dmg or def|
|Wind Lapis||Wind dmg or def|
|Earth Lapis||Earth dmg or def|
|Water Lapis||Water dmg or def|
|Debuff Counter||various effects|
|Absorption||+ Absorption Damage|