Game Sages (GS)
From Lime Odyssey Wiki
What is a Game Sage?
- Game Sages, known as GS's are selected (by the game's GM's) for their knowledge in a game as well as their willingness to help and their positive attitudes.
- Game Sages are normal players with more responsibilities. A Game Sage is a representative of Aeria Games and serves to speak on behalf of Aeria Games to players and vice versa.
- Game Sages help resolve player issues where they can and will call a GM if needed and when they can.
- They also try to make the game more enjoyable for the players by running events for the players among other things.
- If a Game Sage tells you that something is wrong and to stop doing it, do NOT try to debate it if it's obvious that it is borderline or even obviously wrong.
- If there's a reasonable doubt as to whether it's right or wrong, then feel free to either make a post and see how the community feels or send in an email using the Contact Us form
GS activities includes, but are not limited to the following
- Communicating with players about issues and bugs.
- Documenting issues and bugs in the proper format.
- Resolving in-game issues such as harassment, excessive foul language, etc.
- Mediating between parties during arguments to prevent issues from being exploded out of proportion.
- Providing gameplay help to players on both the forums and in-game.
- Walking new players through important information when needed.
- Testing new content (when possible and needed) on the test servers.
- Coming up with new in-game events for the players.
- Planning and organizing in-game events for the players.
- Running in-game events for the players.
- Being the first line of customer service for Aeria Games (first line almost always gets the most flak from players)
NOTE: Mediating an AP trade is NOT a Game Sage's duty, and Game Sages are NOT allowed to do them.
What GS's don't do (or have to do)
- Power Level players
- Physically help with dungeons and/or other quests (most GS's do help however, if they have time)
- Give players items or gold
- Put up with being harassed (GS's are normal players)
Current Lime Odyssey Game Sages
At the moment, all Game Sages have a Primary focus of Forum Support, once the game is released the primary focus will change to in-game and alternate focuses will be assigned accordingly.
Game Sage FAQ
Q: How do I become a Game Sage?
A: Wait for the applications to open up (Keep and eye on the forums). Read the instructions, follow the instructions, and hope you get accepted. It would be a good idea to already be helping people before applying.
Q: Can Game Sages spawn a boss monster for me?
A: No, as I stated before, Game Sages are just normal players.
Q: How much do Game Sages get paid?
A: Game Sages are volunteers. Meaning we get no money for the service we provide the players.
Q: How do I report a Game Sage or any other Volunteer?
A: Whether it's to report positive or negative behavior, it's best to use the Contact Us form.