From Last Chaos Wiki
Rule The Castle, Rule The Land!
Castle Siege is now active on Katar-1 and Cariae-1. Please read this guide to prepare yourself and your guild for Castle Siege.
Castle Siege is a contest to decide the owner of Kandant Castle, located on the Eastern border of [Merac | Map/Merac]. The first time Kandant Castle is up for grabs, there are only attackers. After a Castle owner is decided there will be Castle Defenders and Castle Attackers.
Siege Participation and Application
You can apply to participate in a Castle Siege through the Chamberlain NPC located on the South West side of Kandant Castle. You can participate in a Siege as an Attacker in a Guild, a Mercenary Attacker, a Defender of the Castle Guild, or a Mercenary Defender. Beware of player killers (PK's) though, as they may look to sew chaos into the Castle Siege Battleground!
Siege Participation and Application
Only the Guild Master may apply for his Guild. The guild needs to be Level 5 and have 20 or more members. The Guild Master must also be in possession of a Medal of Honor, which can be acquired from drops off of Boss Monsters.
Mercenaries are individuals who wish to help with the Castle Siege as an Attacker or Defender. To participate as a Mercenary you must be Level 15 or higher, and to participate as a Mercenary Guild your guild must be at least Level 4.
Preparing for the Siege
Ten minutes before a Castle Siege all participants move to the siege area as Attackers or Defenders. On the field of battle and within the castle there will be a merchant selling various offensive and defensive items to help your side win.
Siege Battle Specific Items
Castle Siege specific items are only available during a Castle Siege and only available from the Castle Siege Merchants. By purchasing Materials from a Merchant and combining them, you can create new and unique accessories to aid in combat. There are 3 types of materials you can purchase from a Siege Merchant; Gems, Dust, and Stones. By combining these three materials in different ways you can get up to 80 different possible results.
Table 1. Combining materials
|Gem of power||Gem of power increases the power of a character wearing|
|Gem of quickness||Gem of quickness increases the quickness of a character wearing it by 15, if it is included in a combined item.|
|Gem of wisdom||Gem of wisdom increases the wisdom of a character wearing it by 15, if it is included in a combined item.|
|Gem of physical type||Gem of physical type increases the physical type of a character wearing it by 15, if it is included in a combined item.|
|Dust increasing Physical offense||If the dust is included in a combined item, total offensive power of a character wearing it will increase by 15.|
|Dust increasing magical offense||If the dust is included in a combined item, total offensive power of a character wearing it will increase by 15.|
|Dust increasing physical defense||If the dust is included in a combined item, total offensive power of a character wearing it will increase by 15.|
|Dust increasing magical defense|
|Stun stone||Stun for 2 seconds in the probability of 5, 10, and 15%|
|Blood stone||Blood for 5 seconds in 10, 20, 30 (5% probability)|
|Move stone||Moving speed decrease for 5 seconds 12%, 18%, 24% (5% probability)|
|Slow stone||Attack speed decrease for 5 seconds 12%, 18%, 24% (5% probability)|
|Poison stone||Poison for 10 seconds 5, 10, 15 (5% probability)|
Combined items will lose their power if the Castle Siege ends or if a character moves outside of the Siege Area. However, the raw materials will not disappear. The Siege Merchants will also disappear after a Castle Siege ends.
Map & Radar
All participants in the Castle Siege can use the Map & Radar features after a Castle Siege starts. During the Siege a Guild Master or Guild Advisor can click the Signal Check Icon on the Top Right of the screen above the radar. This will change the Mouse Cursor into a Signal Mark Icon. They can then click within the Radar or on the Mini-Map to set a beacon for all other Guild Members to see. The Mini-Map will also display the Guilds Starting Point, the location of the Throne of Power, the Gate, and the Guard Towers / Giant Statues.
Basic Rule of Siege
- Castle Siege is limited to 15 minutes for the Field Battle (from the start) and a mximum of 45 minutes for the Inner Castle Siege. However, if a Guild Master destroys the Throne of Power and claims the Feudal Lord’s Weapon for their own before the time is up, then the Castle Siege ends.
- During the Castle Siege PvP Penalties and Death Penalties are negated by the winds of battle.
- During the Castle Siege, Attacking/Defending Guilds and the Mercenary Guilds cannot Drop, Join, or Reassign members to their guild. During this time Guild Wars do not apply in the Merac region.
- During the Castle Siege, participants within Regeneration Points gain improved Recovery Rate, Offensive Power, and Defensive Power.
- During the Castle Siege all Participants are distinguished as shown in Table 2.
The Field Battle decides the 3 Guilds who will have the right to challenge the Castle Owner. The 3 Top Guilds who obtain the most points within the 15 minute limit will have the right to challenge the Castle Owner.
- The Castle Defenders may participate in the Field Battle by using Warpgates found in the Castle. By challenging and defeating Enemy Guild Members, the defenders add to the Giant Statue’s and Guard Tower’s defense points.
- The Attacking Guilds must fight with all Characters on the field of battle excluding their own Guildmates. Guilds gain points by defeating competing characters on the Field of Battle.
- The 3 Guilds with the Highest Points at the end of the 15 minute limit, will then be eligible to challenge the Castle Owner and begin the Inner Castle Siege.
Table 2. Distinguish between offense and defense side
|Distinguish||Character Mark||Radar Mark|
|Offense side||Red band beneath the character foot||Mark as a red dot on the radar.|
|Top 3 guild in offense side||Offense side effect + Purple band on the ankle of a character|
|Defense side||Blue band beneath the character foot||Mark as a blue dot on the radar.|
|Castle owner guild of defense side||Defense side effect + Purple band on the ankle of a character|
Inner Castle Siege
After the Field Battle, the chosen 3 Guilds will begin the true Castle Siege!
- Opening & Closing of the Inner Gates: When the Castle Siege begins the Defenders move to the inside of the Castle, and the 2 Outer Gates and 1 Inner Gate are closed.. Guard Towers and Giant Statues are then raised on either side of the Gates. Attackers must destroy the Guard Towers and Giant Statues before the Gates will open.
- Defenders can move to the outside of the Castle to assault the Attackers by using Warpgates found within the Castle Walls. There are 4 types of Warpgates (A,B,C, & D) connecting the Inside and Outside of the Castle. Paths for the Warpgates are found in Table 3.
|Name of warpgate||Warpgate A||Warpgate B||Warpgate C||Warpgate D|
|Warp gates available to move||C,D||C,D||A,B,D||A,B,C|
After the Gates have been opened, the Throne of Power can be challenged. Only the Guild Masters of the Top 3 Guilds have the right to become Castle Owner, and are the only ones who can attempt to destroy the Seat of Power, remove the Feudal Lords Weapon and claim rightful ownership to Kandant Castle.
If no Guild Master is able to destroy the Throne of Power and Remove the Weapon within the 45 minute time period, then the Castle Defenders are successful and retain ownership of Kandant Castle.
- Points increase as a Guild Master attacks the Throne of Power, and decreases when the Guild Master is killed.
- The Throne of Power can only be destroyed by using close range default attacks. Ranged attacks do not count, and the Throne’s HP decreases by 1 regardless of the attack’s power.
- Guild Masters are identified by a Glowing Shield over their head, making them a very visible target.
Rights of the Castle Owner
Rule the Castle, Rule the Lands!
Reigning a Region
Once a player becomes the Owner of Kandant Castle they can make server notices announcing their ownership and reign over Kandant Castle. This is done by clicking the Castle Owner Notice selection in the Guild Action Window.
Feudal Lord’s Weapon
When once becomes owner of Kandant Castle, they do so by pulling the Feudal Lord’s Weapon from the Throne of Power. It is then placed in their inventory and may be equipped at any time. It’s abilities are based upon the owner’s level. This is quite possibly the most powerful weapon in all of Iris.
- The Feudal Lord’s Weapon cannot be purchased, exchanged, dropped or upgraded, and can only be used by the owner of Kandant Castle.
- If you fail to defend the castle the Feudal Lord’s weapon will be removed from your inventory. Therefore you must be successful in defending the castle if you wish to retain it.
All sales and purchases made from the NPCs during the Castle Siege shall be taxed. All collected taxes will be found in the Guild’s Safe located in the Guild Hall.