From Grand Fantasia Wiki
A Dark Sprite is a wild NPC Sprite that may appear during your travels in Saphael. They are black in color, with bat wings instead of the typical fairy wings most normal Sprites and NPC Sprites have. They only appear on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 3:00pm PST/6:00pm EST/11:00pm GMT. They are REP NPCs, which means you can turn in special items called Dark Sprite Emblems to them to increase your Reputation points with the Dark Sprite faction. They are also merchants, and sell many useful Sprite items such as Blazon, Furniture, Costumes and Summons.
|Dark Sprite & Emblems||Image|
|Dark Sprites only appear on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 3:00pm PST / 6:00pm EST.||*Players can trade one Dark Sprite Emblem for 30 Reputation points with the Dark Sprite faction.|
*Dark Sprite Emblems stacks can hold up to 250 emblems.
*After gaining 1,000 Reputation points, a player can trade two Dark Sprite Emblems for a Dark Sprite Bag, which contains random items.
*A Reputation title is acquired once a player gains 9,000 Reputation points with the Dark Sprite faction.
What can be obtained
|Item Name||Required Level||Required Reputation||Description/Skills||Cost|
|Ghostly Magic Ring||30||----||M-Def +230; VIT +3; Dark +9 resistance||10g|
|Dark Spirit Necklace||40||1000||M-Def +332; VIT +11; Dark +17 resistance||75g|
|Dark Death God's Chain||50||4000||M-Def +386; VIT +14; Dark +18 resistance||200g|
|Fallen Hell Eye||60||9000||M-Def +436; VIT +17; Dark +19 resistance||450g|
|Party's Corrupt Black Flute||31||1000||Mining 32, Hunting 32, Sword Crafting 31, Firearm Crafting 31||75g|
|Treasure's Corrupt Black Bell||31||1000||Mining 32, Foraging 32, Hammer Crafting 31, Warrior Apparel Crafting 31||75g|
|Panon's Corrupt Black Drum||41||4000||Foraging 42, Hunting 42, Shield Crafting 41, Relic Crafting 41||200g|
|Lilian's Corrupt Black Horn||41||4000||Mining 42, Foraging 42, Sword Crafting 41, Firearm Crafting 41||200g|
|Claymore's Corrupt Black Adder Drum||51||9000||Mining 52, Foraging 52, Staff Crafting 51, Warrior Apparel Crafting 51||600g|
|Mier's Corrupt Black Harp||51||9000||Foraging 52, Hunting 52, Axe Crafting 51, Priest Apparel Crafting 51||600g|
|Ishti's Corrupt Black Bagpipe||51||9000||Mining 52, Hunting 52, Firearm Crafting 51, Mage Apparel Crafting 51||600g|
|Falta's Corrupt Black Trumpet||51||9000||Mining 52, Foraging 52, Shield Crafting 51, Archer Apparel Crafting 51||600g|
|Dark Netherworld Halo||70||12000||M-Def +484; VIT +17; WIL +9; Dark +20 Resistance||550g|
|Kiya's Fallen Double Bass||66||12000||Mining 65, Foraging 66, Hunting 67, Bow Crafting 67||700g|
|Anubis' Fallen Violin||71||16000||Mining 69, Foraging 70, Hunting 69, Staff Crafting 70||800g|
|Mansol's Cello of Corruption||71||21000||Mining 74, Foraging 73, Item Salvaging 74, Relic Crafting 74||900g|
|Dark Demonologist Ring||80||16000||M-Def +535; VIT +17; INT +11; Dark +21 Resistance||650g|
|Cora's Dark Mandolin||81||30000||Firearm Crafting 84, Archer Apparel Crafting 84, Crystal Gathering 85||1000g|
|Talliver's Darksoul Drum||81||30000||Axe Crafting 85, Shield Crafting 83, Foraging 84, Hunting 83||1000g|
|Matilda's Dark Bell||81||30000||Mining 84, Hunting 84, Foraging 85, Crystal Gathering 83||1000g|
|Blacksoul's Necklace||90||20000||M-Def +585; VIT +20; Dark +22 Resistance||750g|
After defeating a monster, there is a chance that that they may drop a Fate Box, which is a stone, cylindrical box decorated with "?" marks and glows blue and green. Upon "picking up" this box, there is a chance for the following to occur:
- A Corrupted Messenger may appear. These are much more difficult than the standard monster (on par with a random, non-quest related boss monster), and can easily kill lower leveled or unprepared players. By defeating one, it will drop a Dark Sprite Emblem, which can be exchanged for either Dark Sprite reputation points or a Dark Sprite Bag (depending on your reputation). Corrupted Messengers that are level 50+ can possibly drop two emblems and may drop three emblems at level 70+.
- You will receive the Corrupted Messenger Curse. Your character will be temporarily transformed into a Corrupted Messenger for three minutes. During the curse, a player cannot cast skills or use weapons. However, a player's HP doubles and their physical attack is increased by 50% while the curse is active. Note: The curse can automatically be dispelled by equipping a mount.
- Your HP and MP are fully restored.
The chances to be cursed or encounter a Corrupted Messenger increases as your character levels. Some players avoid picking up the box entirely, especially when in the middle of grinding and AOE'ing. The Fate Box isn't immune from being picked up by your Sprite, which means in the middle of fighting, you could possibly be surprised by a Corrupted Messenger. To avoid this, simply recall your Sprite before fighting, and the box will not be picked up.
|Fate Box||Corrupted Messenger||Dark Sprite Emblem Chest|
A player can check when Dark Sprites will appear by clicking on their Events tab. This is the balloon shaped icon on the lower left hand corner of their mini map. This will also give a detailed listing of the exact coordinates where Dark Sprites can be found.
The Dark Sprite NPCs can be found in:
- Kaslow Plains - West of Frank's Mansion (768,711)
- Red Ridge - West of Karzak's Camp (492,108)
- Black Swamp - Middle of the Decaying Woods (143,209)
- Plague Forest - Middle of Deadwood Forest (450,475)
- Land of Sighs - East of the Bandit's Lair (622,483)
- Lost Highlands - West of Cactus Forest (428,516)
- Gaia Woodlands - Southeast of Goddess Lake (494,484)
- Prism Island Prairie - Southeast of Crystal Mine Pit (1458,476)
- Eternal Mountains - East of White Spring Village (703,396)
- Winterflake Forest - East of Giant Forest (873,201)
- Misty Plateau - Southwest of Misty Waterfall (733,730)
- Frostfire Pass - West of Rin's Hot Spring (424,629)