Jobs - Senior System Administrator
Senior System Administrator
About Aeria GamesWith a rapidly growing global community of over 23 million power gamers and a deep portfolio of development partners, Aeria Games is a leading destination for free-to-play multiplayer online games. Founded in 2006 and with offices in the U.S., Germany, and Brazil, Aeria Games publishes and develops high quality online games in nine languages covering more than 30 countries. The company's proprietary technology offers strong benefits to both the Aeria community as well as Aeria Games' development partners. Players enjoy access to a universal gaming destination providing deep, immersive online games accessible from PCs, browsers, tablets, and smart phones. Developers gain a blazingly fast point of entry to the global gaming market via Aeria Games' specialized platform that allows developers to integrate games easily and quickly. Aeria Games has a diverse portfolio spanning highly engaging fantasy MMORPGs, action shooters, anime-style social games, and multiplayer mobile titles. For more information, visit www.aeriagames.com .
We are actively on the lookout for the best and the brightest – if you are a creative, intelligent, and highly-motivated professional with a burning desire to contribute to our rapidly growing and cutting edge company, then we want to hear from you today!
This unique position is for a skilled engineer and online game enthusiast. We are looking for a self-starter who can work with minimal supervision. This role will be responsible administering hundreds of servers (Windows & Linux) for multi-players online gaming (MMOG). In this critical role, the daily tasks will be constantly challenging. The ideal candidate will be flexible, enthusiastic, innovative, initiative and can build Aeria Games a premiere online hang out destination.
Job Description Responsibilities
- Install and configure operating system, game software, and associated patches or updates
- Engineering, managing, and support Linux/Windows systems for large (several hundred servers) 24x7 data center/hosting environment as well as corporate offices
- Provide and implement monitoring processes and/or tools and use automated system software tools and/or procedures to proactively monitor, manage and report on server performance
- Contribute to planning efforts for database backup, disaster recovery, capacity expansion, component upgrading, and system hardening
- Day-to-day running of the data center and infrastructure to ensure optimal product performance
- Investigate ways to more elegantly/efficiently solve problems
- Produce and maintain voluminous documentation on installations, incidents, and FAQs
- Participate in on-call rotation
- In-depth knowledge of Linux (preferably Cent OS and Red Hat variants) and Windows 2003/2008 Servers
- MySQL and MSSQL experience
- Experience in system monitoring tool nagios, cacti, munin, etc.
- Enterprise network infrastructure devices (firewalls, load balancers)
- Shell scripting and other interpreted languages
- Experience/advanced working knowledge of NFS, NIS, DNS, Open VPN, etc.
- Logging infrastructure
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Effective communicator with solid writing skills and a team player
- Effective when working under pressure and delivering to high standards within tight deadlines
How to Apply
Send your resume to us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) putting the position you are applying for in the subject line. In addition to your resume, please include a cover letter or email describing how your background directly relates to the position as described. Tell us, in your words, why you are a fantastic candidate;
Due to the high level of applications, we are not able to reply to every applicant. We will contact you should your skills and qualifications present a possible fit for our needs.