Jobs - Game Master
Santa Clara, CA
About Aeria GamesWith a rapidly growing community of over 35 million core players and a deep portfolio of development partners, Aeria Games is a leading destination for free-to-play online multiplayer games. Founded in 2006 and with offices in the US, Germany, and Brazil, Aeria Games publishes and develops high quality online games in nine languages - English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, Italian, Turkish and Russian - covering more than 30 countries. The company’s proprietary technology offers strong benefits to both players and developers. Players gain access to a universal gaming destination providing deep, immersive online games accessible from PC, browser, tablet, and smart phones. Developers get a blazingly fast point of entry to the global gaming market via Aeria Games’ specialized platform that enables quick and easy game integration. The company’s diverse portfolio includes highly engaging fantasy MMORPGs, action shooters, anime-style social games, and multiplayer mobile titles.
We are actively on the lookout for the best and the brightest – if you are a creative, intelligent, and highly-motivated professional with a burning desire to contribute to our rapidly growing and cutting edge company, then we want to hear from you today!
We are currently looking for a motivated individual with great customer service skills and a passion for games. The ideal candidate should have previous GM or customer service experience, with an extensive amount of customer support management, as well as possess a strong knowledge of the unique issues inherent to MMO games. We need someone who is aware of the desires of gamers, cares about their needs and understands the MMO market.
Job Description ResponsibilitiesAs a game master, you would:
- Test and document bugs
- Draft and outline possible game enhancements and features
- Address and resolve customer/player issues
- Develop and maintain customer/player relations
- Investigate and document complex issues with regard to bugs, game exploits, trade and other potential issues
- Distinguish for the team and other departments between high and low priority items, focusing on areas yielding the greatest return, and make sound determinations based on what requires a "sense of urgency"
- Document and communicate game/technical/investigation issues to technical staff
- Document and communicate in-game community satisfaction, revenue stream, and revenue-building opportunities to management
- Organize and run events for the community of players
- Provide input on content driven events, updates, and future enhancements
- Monitor game servers to ensure stability and fair game play
- Fluent in English
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and passion for MMOs
- Self-directed, detail oriented, problem solver with a burning desire to contribute to a uniquely creative environment
- Demonstrate an ability to handle multiple demands from superiors and coworkers, have a strong ability to maintain professionalism with climate changes, and display finesse when working under adverse conditions
- Must be self-directed, detail oriented and a problem solver with a burning desire to contribute to a uniquely creative environment
- Experience with Massive Multiplayer Online Games is ideal
- Individual should have good computer skills and knowledge of MS Office suite of products. Basic networking knowledge is a plus