Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering
Santa Clara, CA
About Aeria GamesWith a rapidly growing community of over 35 million core players and a deep portfolio of development partners, Aeria Games is a leading destination for free-to-play online multiplayer games. Founded in 2006 and with offices in the US, Germany, and Brazil, Aeria Games publishes and develops high quality online games in nine languages - English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, Italian, Turkish and Russian - covering more than 30 countries. The company’s proprietary technology offers strong benefits to both players and developers. Players gain access to a universal gaming destination providing deep, immersive online games accessible from PC, browser, tablet, and smart phones. Developers get a blazingly fast point of entry to the global gaming market via Aeria Games’ specialized platform that enables quick and easy game integration. The company’s diverse portfolio includes highly engaging fantasy MMORPGs, action shooters, anime-style social games, and multiplayer mobile titles.
We offer a competitive salary and multiple streams of revenue potential. Additional perks include monthly and quarterly socials, casual dress code, and an enthusiastic team of coworkers who truly love what they do!! We are actively on the lookout for the best and the brightest – if you are a creative, intelligent, and highly-motivated professional with a burning desire to contribute to this rapidly growing and cutting edge company, then we want to hear from you today!
We are looking to hire a strong Director of Engineering to provide process and technical leadership to grow a high-performing engineering team that has created one of the most powerful, scalable, popular, and sophisticated game publishing platform and applications for millions of gamers. Candidates should have knowledge and experience with building scalable, distributed, high performance, and consumer facing applications with a track record of successful product development. Candidates should be a people person with at least four years management experience.
Job Description ResponsibilitiesAs the Director of Engineering, you would:
- Engineering Leadership — Manage engineering projects and processes across development and quality assurance. Proactively improve processes and methodologies for enabling fast-paced agile product development with unwavering focus on quality, functionality, and high-availability. Inspire and motivate the engineering team to build cutting-edge B2C solutions
- Staffing and Hiring — Recruit, motivate and retain the very best employees in this high-growth environment
- Business Priorities and Project Management — Work collaboratively with Product Management, Publishing Production, Marketing to internalize business needs and drive priorities for the team. Set achievable, motivating, stretch goals, and manage the team to hitting the deadlines
- Must have a minimum of 4+ years experience as either a Director or Manager of software development teams of 10+ people, with a proven track record of building complex, high-volume systems and solved significant technology and organizational scaling challenges
- Must have experience in building and executing effective agile product development and project management strategy, and continuing to build a top-notch, highly, innovative team. Experience at a fast-paced start-up is highly desired
- Must communicate technical ideas effectively and must enjoy interacting with people to solve complex problems
- Should be highly effective in balancing the needs of a dynamic product roadmap, and managing multiple teams with differing directives
- Strong business judgment, organizational planning, and understanding of scoping and justifying resources and budget needs to senior leaders
- Experience delivering web based applications is a must. Solid experience building scalable distributed solutions is required. Experience with Big Data Technologies (such as Hadoop or Cassandra) is a big plus
- Ability to lead multiple simultaneous product development efforts
- Experience in outsourcing and/or working with offshore resources
- BS/MS in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering is required
- Position is in Santa Clara, California