pumpkinpie27

Rank 0
pumpkinpie27
PostedOct 28, 2010 7:20 pm

Better Drop RAte requested From Mobs!!!!!!!!!!

Consider a better drop rate even if only for bonus time periods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111
Hello GM;s, Aeria Games, Shaiya, Management;

You ask for suggestions HERE it is!

Why not a better drop rate from mobs and Bosses for Gear, etc?

The Current drop of 1 every 100,000 mobs or less is way out there! You want to get gold out of the game but you continously keep it high, when drops don't come anywhere near close to demand.

Yes, I know you have the quest, however we all know this gear doesn't compare, and with no Orange stats makes competition more than rough, nearly impossible! it Kinda takes all the fun out of playing when you reached this great milestone of 70 and you still have a near zero chance of getting descent gear! Before we could at least purchase the gear from the AH, but at 70-300 or more op's, it's not even a thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, with that said, why not up the drop rate a little????????? Or, at least run bonus hours if not weekends where drop rate is higher similar to bonus exp. OR, you could up the success rate for farming drops, etc. for each core of level obtained. I.e, 30-40-50-60-70 etc.

We do MM which is great, thank you! But the drops are still far below our 70 milestone! So adding some better drops to those that are more appropiate to our 60-70 level could help as well!

We are still gonna spend tons of gold, ap just getting the gears dropped tweaked, so why have it so hard just to get the gear to begin with!

You guys are very talented, and usually listen, so I know you all can come up with something formidable to keep the game fun, challenging, and still obtainable with effort!

Thank you so much for your consideration!!!!!!!!!!!

The-Angelwolf - Absolute Zero - Teos- Shaiya-

Never mistake my kindness, for Stupidity! Underneath this Angel Lies a sleeping Tiger!
Advertisement

bigberg8194

Rank 1
bigberg8194
PostedOct 28, 2010 7:31 pm
drop rate is fine. they are rare, and should stay that way.

kimberfan

Rank 4
kimberfan
PostedOct 28, 2010 8:20 pm
spaznick has already said they are going to increase the drop rates

just give them time to get it set up.

kimberfan

Rank 4
kimberfan
PostedOct 28, 2010 8:22 pm
bigberg8194 wrote:

people wil leave if they are not raised b/c no one can afford 1000$ for a justia or secor set just to keep up with the ubers

the new sets add so many stats and HP that new goddess cant keep up and lvl 65+ weapons have so much more attack anything under cant keep up

so no drop rates are not fine.

SailorSpira

Rank 5
SailorSpira
PostedOct 28, 2010 9:18 pm
Good to see you're looking to find ways to improve the game, but suggestions really should be posted in the suggestions forum. GM's are more likely to see them there.

pumpkinpie27

Rank 0
pumpkinpie27
PostedOct 29, 2010 10:01 am

Drop rates

Thank you for your suggestion Sailor, I have added this comment to the suggestion Forums as well.

And , as to the above about drop rates being fine, No they are not fine, not even close, they are so beyond rare into the almost non existant status to the point that a level 60 to70 farming for over 2 months with Zero drops, can and does find the game now boring!

let's face it grinding is boring, but we all did it to get to what we deem to be that ultimate level of achievement!!! The reward for this hard work!!! Was mediocre gear , it suffices but not really up to par, not quite the reward we all thought we were working towards. So now we get more bosses, YEAH! But wait! where are the nice drops! We fight hard just to get a boss, we farm hard and long, for months now, but still no drops worthwhile Crying or Very sad Come on ! Rare is Rare but non existant is BORING! = So why am I playing???????????= Because as an optimist, I am hoping Shaiya will get the message and increase the drop rate!!!!!!!!!

I say bring back the interesting, the opportunity, to get the gear, let the challenge remain in how to lapis and assessorize to best suit your toon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everbody likes a challenge, but when it becomes the impossible,-----------------------------

Never mistake my kindness, for Stupidity! Underneath this Angel Lies a sleeping Tiger!

soulidarity

Rank 3
soulidarity
PostedOct 29, 2010 10:47 am
bigberg8194 wrote:

This is a half truth. They should be rare, but the drop rate as it is goes beyond just rare. It was very exciting to get information about endgame gear being possible as a random drop on new maps, as it removed top guild monopolies on gear (some of us have no interest in being in a top guild and still want to have endgame gear). So it was a huge letdown when the reality was made clear, that drops would be so far beyond "rare" that its unbearable if your sole focus is getting gear drops.

I've managed to get 2 drops on the new maps from 58 to 67, a reverse at 59 and a bow at 61. Had I continued to get a drop every level or two, I'd consider it to at least be an acceptable drop rate for 60+ gear. No one should be able to grind all the way to 70 without so much as a single drop.

MuseJanelle

Rank 2
MuseJanelle
Undisclosed 2 protect the guilty United States
PostedOct 29, 2010 10:48 am
just as a note, increasing drop rates won't remove gold from the game. If a player sells to another player, the gold is still in the game. Now if the GM's were to occassionally sell good gear for gold, that would swoosh gold from the game.

_Arctic.Blue_

Rank 1
_Arctic.Blue_
PostedOct 30, 2010 3:30 pm
give it time, i bought my 69 xbow for 40b gold when they were only like 1pcs in barters every 1 week, now the price of it is reduced to 8-10 ops.

Drop rates are increasing slowly, just give it a bit of time.

Ancalagon101

Rank 0
PostedOct 30, 2010 5:08 pm
_Arctic.Blue_ wrote:
give it time, i bought my 69 xbow for 40b gold when they were only like 1pcs in barters every 1 week, now the price of it is reduced to 8-10 ops.

Drop rates are increasing slowly, just give it a bit of time.  

Drop rates are not increasing (now, they might in future)
Price lowering is only because the richest kids already have their toys, so can't be sold at initial price anymore. But at this rate it might take years before "normal" players can afford such gears.

-Ancalagon- : 70 UM defender