canarii

Rank 0
PostedOct 24, 2010 2:00 am

Great post
Ixeus wrote:
Instead of only listing the problems, here are some solutions:

1. REMOVE the wind display number, don't show a number just direction and spinning.
2. REMOVE the numeric display on the power bar
3. ADD air resistance, provide random air density (like dry/humid), RANDOMLY - so that it's unlikely someone can make a 100% accurate shot on their first attempt, they have to probe the air resistance and wind first.

4. CHANGE 3x or 2+ burn more energy so they can't be combo'd together.

Add suggestions here:
Anarchist69x wrote:
... When you can angle it to hit over every obstacle it makes the maps useless. They really need to add indestructible ceilings in.  

5. ADD indestructible ceilings.
6. CHANGE scenery less prone to destruction, (i.e. make smaller holes/craters)  

Great post. I'm all for people probing/calibrating their shots (to figure out variables) through the course of the game rather than just prepare for it. I'd still like to retain the numeric display on the bar, because it's essential to probe/calibrate. Further, it would be great if we can take the discussion along this angle rather than the people hating one.
Advertisement

NecromancerV

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
NecromancerV
PostedOct 24, 2010 3:01 am
Hiding the wind speed will make matches last forever. people will end up useing the same angel and power over and over again in hopes the wind will blow in their favor and this game will be about lucky wind instead of playing with skill.

marksteele

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
marksteele
PostedOct 24, 2010 3:19 am
NecromancerV wrote:
Hiding the wind speed will make matches last forever. people will end up useing the same angel and power over and over again in hopes the wind will blow in their favor and this game will be about lucky wind instead of playing with skill.  

what would you suggest then?

ErinYee

Rank 2
ErinYee
PostedOct 24, 2010 3:43 am
I just met my very first Asian-Top opponents.
And now I finally understand what's going on in these threads.. >.<!
I decided to take a break after fighting them two times in a row.

1) Opponent #1 hits my teammate
2) Opponent #2 hits my teammate
3) Teammate dies
4) Erin shoots a lightning arrow. Miss.
5) Opponent #1 hits me
6) Opponent #2 hits me
7) Dead Erin

Game was over in just a few minutes, lmao.
I wonder if these formula-people are still having fun when they are playing this game.
Isn't it more exciting and relaxing when you play "normally" and just try to aim/predict/miss like the rest of us? Hahaha

Alex219

Rank 0
PostedOct 24, 2010 5:54 am
marksteele wrote:
NecromancerV wrote:

what would you suggest then?  

Not the post starter but.... Wind can stay imo, the numbers on it helps with high angle shots and such, blocking the value will just make the game more luck-oriented, both real life luck and ingame-luck. If you really insist, maybe make the wing abit weaker.

Also, I'm all for smaller blast radius on objects, dem lightning (cannons) sinking prettymuch anything in one turn..
OR more industructable maps..

Also, just afew mins ago I met a guy who was randomly shooting unclear warheads as his normal atk sometimes so i asked, he answered "its nuclear lvl 3 pearl". Luckily It was an ant run, I'd definitely hate playing agianst him with +2 x3 powerups...

Sageraz

Rank 0
PostedOct 25, 2010 8:23 am
i totally agree with all you guys.
I'm a Vietnamese and i know the game Gunny ( here called DDTank)
i havent join Gunny yet so i'm as new as all of u.....
it's really annoying being beaten in one turn by Lighting (a weapon) with high angle shot
they've got sites posting the formula and most of them now using it
that killed the game Gunny atm i think
so they get boring and come here
so....
dont let they kill this game

147patti

Rank 0
PostedOct 25, 2010 8:37 am

DD TANK

how can i start to play DDtank, i got the option to choose a character, than i put the name and than it just say u character is now in use...bot not going forward..?

organicdecay

Rank 0
PostedOct 27, 2010 8:20 pm
what i hate more then people that use the formula, is arrogant mules who call people noobs that are lower levels then themselves and ruin the game for everyone starting out

haseonegi

Rank 0
haseonegi
PostedOct 27, 2010 8:38 pm

darn formula ppl >.<

Dx
Heck u know im in shoot i hate perfect shots every time this is not life or death its a game ppl have fun with craz shots not pinpoint every time!

thatazngook

Rank 0
thatazngook
PostedOct 27, 2010 9:02 pm

i dont know whats this formula thing is but eh.. i do high angle shots and most of the time i hit some1 or miss close to hitting and they say im a formula feg lmao!
well anyways i played gunbound and i do alot of high angles shot there and this is like the same in some ways...