marksteele

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
marksteele
PostedOct 23, 2010 5:08 am   Last edited by marksteele on Nov 02, 2010 2:57 am. Edited 3 times in total

My thought's on the formula

Hello all, marksteele here, this post may not be like my other posts, see I am writing this post with pure passion for the game that I love. From the moment I played this game over a week ago, I couldn't put it down. I played and played throughout the closed beta, getting wins, making friends, i skipped classes didn't sleep, all because I had finally found the one game that I could actually enjoy and was passionate about.

Today though, I find myself thinking of quitting, NOT because i hate this game, I love it so much that I can't stand to see what it will become. This game will die, now it will still be here and people will still play, but it will never be the same. A player will never experience the thrill of making that amazing shot, the pressure of getting that one kill, the joy of killing taz. All they will feel now is the superiority of having better math. If they make a mistake its not because they didn't know how to play, its because they missed a decimal place.

edit: as many people have commented formula use has gone down in DDTank, I find this very relieving. Also due the formula statement by aeria saying formula use is allowed, although i am still against people who use a formula, I will not condone them.
Advertisement

J6ksu

Rank 0
J6ksu
PostedOct 23, 2010 5:18 am
Im all for the removal/fix on the formula.. aint fun playin against ppl who just keep kitin u god knows where...

Lazyfreak_xd

Rank 0
Lazyfreak_xd
PostedOct 23, 2010 5:23 am
Totally agree with this. This game has potential to be even better without all the people using Formula's to kill you from... anywhere. This game isn't math class.

REFFN

Rank 0
PostedOct 23, 2010 5:55 am
agree , its just need to be harder to make these high angle shots or sooner or later the only thing you will see are these shots .

reignzak

Rank 0
PostedOct 23, 2010 7:49 am

Re: My thought's on the formula

I will not let this game die
marksteele wrote:
Hello all, marksteele here, this post may not be like my other posts, see I am writing this post with pure passion for the game that I love. From the moment I played this game over a week ago, I couldn't put it down. I played and played throughout the closed beta, getting wins, making friends, i skipped classes didn't sleep, all because I had finally found the one game that I could actually enjoy and was passionate about.

Today though, I find myself thinking of quitting, NOT because i hate this game, I love it so much that I can't stand to see what it will become. This game will die, now it will still be here and people will still play, but it will never be the same. A player will never experience the thrill of making that amazing shot, the pressure of getting that one kill, the joy of killing taz. All they will feel now is the superiority of having better math. If they make a mistake its not because they didn't know how to play, its because they missed a decimal place.

Now I don't know about you, but I will always stand against the formula no matter what. I will fight my hardest to get it removed lock this thread, take my tags, ban my account, close my league. My legacy will live on in this game, for DDT is forever. All I want it to get rid of formula's and I'm willing to fight for it. Are you with me?  

I agree, and LOL about killing taz! Laughing

Ixeus

Rank 0
PostedOct 23, 2010 11:33 am   Last edited by Ixeus on Oct 23, 2010 12:46 pm. Edited 3 times in total
Instead of only listing the problems, here are some solutions:

1. REMOVE the wind display number, don't show a number just direction and spinning.
2. REMOVE the numeric display on the power bar
3. ADD air resistance, provide random air density (like dry/humid), RANDOMLY - so that it's unlikely someone can make a 100% accurate shot on their first attempt, they have to probe the air resistance and wind first.

4. CHANGE 3x or 2+ burn more energy so they can't be combo'd together.

Add suggestions here:
Anarchist69x wrote:
... When you can angle it to hit over every obstacle it makes the maps useless. They really need to add indestructible ceilings in.  

5. ADD indestructible ceilings.
6. CHANGE scenery less prone to destruction, (i.e. make smaller holes/craters)

BlueDude50

Rank 5
BlueDude50
PostedOct 23, 2010 12:08 pm
oh i thought this was the KS forums... and mark was in love with the kitsu lol.... im gunna go show off my fail avatar in the kitsu saga forums after a few words....

Wind is lame.... get rid of it... i was pro at this game till i figured it out, now i suck

Anarchist69x

Rank 4
Anarchist69x
PostedOct 23, 2010 1:04 pm
Agreed, it's a loophole in the rules pretty much. Sure it's just math formula and I understand that but it's clearly giving an unfair advantage since it came from the Vietnamese server and many of those people came over some of which don't even speak English and care for the rules since they're different over here.

I'm positive the GM's are passing along suggestions to the developers of ways to some how fix/alter a way so that it's not such a nuisance but in the mean time we do have to deal with it unfortunately.

Which leads me to suggesting a black list of known formula players for events that us as players would like to run in the future such as challenge mode leagues or championships. Will look into it with a GM regarding this though Razz

minscandboo

Rank 0
minscandboo
PostedOct 23, 2010 1:23 pm
I AGREE THEY SHOULD HIDE THE WIND or make roofs to hamper the high angle formulas
i also believe there should be more non destroyable maps ......... ^_^

octoberangels

Rank 0
PostedOct 23, 2010 7:41 pm
What's with all the people hating on those who've come from asian servers and are experienced... most of the time it's not a formula... it's experience from another server where you'll die if you don't know how to use high angles and what not.

In fact, rather than people who hit with almost perfect accuracy, I find a lot of those in the DDTForever League far more obnoxious... quotes include "oh you guys wanna do a league battle? oh wait you're too noob" "oh hey look at that 4k damage" "you guys suck" ... etc etc Smile