silentss

Rank 0
PostedApr 02, 2008 5:52 am

Uber HM ranger/assassin pvp guide needed for 1-15

I was curious if someone could share their experience in creating the ultimate ranger/sin for the 1-15 pvp area specifically. The build need not be above lvl 15. Would you all recommend 7 str till lvl 15 for DPS for the 1-15 pvp area ? since ranger/sin gets 1 dex per lvl. Nos excluded in this discussion.
Advertisement

theafflicted

Rank 0
PostedApr 02, 2008 8:32 pm
Well, I don't have a HM sin but I suppose a str build would be better than luck for 1-15 because even HMs dont get enough skillpoints for luck to be efficient. Maybe a stronger version of the 3str/2dex build would be better (maybe 5str/2dex?). I think you should put 2 dex instead of none because evasion will be higher, you'll have more sp, and still have high damage. You could lapis for str if you want higher damage or hp/rec if you want to be a little more resilient.

I found the combo Fatal Hit>Halt Kick>Stun Crash>Tetanus>Aggravation to be very effective as it subdues the enemy and can usually kill any squishie in one use (especially if youre HM). And if you crit on Aggravation, game over for them.

silentss

Rank 0
PostedApr 03, 2008 7:10 am
Thanks your input gave me a better insight on a ranger/sin.

Ornalth

Rank 0
PostedApr 05, 2008 9:47 am
theafflicted wrote:
Well, I don't have a HM sin but I suppose a str build would be better than luck for 1-15 because even HMs dont get enough skillpoints for luck to be efficient. Maybe a stronger version of the 3str/2dex build would be better (maybe 5str/2dex?). I think you should put 2 dex instead of none because evasion will be higher, you'll have more sp, and still have high damage. You could lapis for str if you want higher damage or hp/rec if you want to be a little more resilient.

I found the combo Fatal Hit>Halt Kick>Stun Crash>Tetanus>Aggravation to be very effective as it subdues the enemy and can usually kill any squishie in one use (especially if youre HM). And if you crit on Aggravation, game over for them.  

That's a sexy reply. o_O

I use the same combo as you, afflicted. It works very well in PvE, and I haven't yet tested it in PvP but that will come soon.

I agree with afflicted, though. A more powerful build for assassins work better when you're still putting in points for dexterity. In my opinion, if you want to still put points into luck do it, but do it every so often. Maybe every 2-3 levels and only put maybe 1 point - 2 at the most. I don't really do luck that often, for me it's about every 5 levels and only 1-2 points.

It's all about playing a build that you're comfortable with.

Thiloran

Rank 4
Thiloran
PostedApr 07, 2008 10:28 am
Í'm a lv15 HM Ranger myself.
I used a 4str/3dex build.
It works out real nicely, because u have alot of Stamine, which u need for skills and u hit quite high. It wouldn't be wise doing 2 dex because the evation will be much lower!
Tips on 20-30:
Get LUC!

Aeternum

Rank 2
PostedApr 08, 2008 7:07 pm
I would have thought 6Str 1Dex would be good for a PvP Assassin, in Hard Mode. I wouldn't dream of wasting points in Luck at such a low level.

You could increase your Dex using Lapis, and wherever you can't put Dex, throw in a Rec. Don't forget an Assault Lapis in your weapon Smile

RufflesHonestly

Rank 3
RufflesHonestly
PostedApr 09, 2008 12:34 am
Aeternum

Go back to the fighter/warrior board.
Evil or Very Mad

Pierric Bross Frequent Beta Tester Tennis player and Student 'Free to Play' since December 2007