SkelitalArm

Rank 2
PostedOct 18, 2010 8:40 pm

Real life story

Besides that fact that is was in game.
Before you read: I can't remember all the names so I'll just go with numbers instead.

So I was playing Ice Hold with about 3 other people, and the game had already started when I had arrived and I was occupying blue. 1 and 2 were in red and 3 were in blue. I checked everyone's ms and it was all white, then checked 3's info, thought it looked good enough, and joined in the fray on blue. When I got in though it turns out that 3 were doing better than I originally thought he would be doing. Was still getting beaten mind you but he was fighting hard.

As I started playing I noticed that I had started to lag, so I checked everyone’s-ms with tab to be sure that it was right. Everything was in the white. So I continued playing, having a good conversation with 1, 2, and 3. Then, all of the sudden I got lagged out. When I got to the lobby I ended up ticked off so badly that I went back in. Everyone was still white. And so I joined back in, said I got lagged out, and went back to playing.

I messaged 3 using /w but I ended up forgetting about what I was going to say. Then I got lagged out again. I went back in again and found 3’s-ms to be around 400 red, white ms. And so I asked why 3 was lagging so bad. He said that he usually didn't lag like that but he was playing from a hotel. He also asked me back. At first I said "No thanks!" but he soon convinced me to go back in.

Now when I got back in 1 and 2 couldn't see 3 for an obvious reason and so we, 3 and I, owned them in a round (I got both kills. Razz). Now the next round I ended up getting killed and my body was camped by 1 and 2. 3 for an very obvious reason couldn't see 1 and 2 but saw me dead. So he rezzed me... And rezzed me, and rezzed me. At the same time I was shouting curses at him outside of the game, and yelling in game "DON'T REZ ME, DON'T REZ ME!!!" Eventually I left and decided that I would never try to help a lagger like that again.

So lesson learned...

Good day folks!

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche
Advertisement

Virtus90

Rank 4
Virtus90
PostedOct 19, 2010 2:34 pm
You would still help me out wouldn't you? I wouldn't lag you out...probably.

<a>Photobucket</a>