2. Combat Basics
A. Entering Combat
At the world menu, enter into the Game House. Here, you'll see the chamber list.
Inside the Chamber Room!
- Chamber List Menu - Displays all active chamber rooms! Clicking any of the buttons at the top will change how your list is organized.
- Chamber List Page - There are often many chambers available - you can browse through all the pages to find one that you think suits you best!
- Room Options - Here you can join various chambers by type, search for a specific chamber or chamber type, create wait options, or make your own chamber!
- Users - Displays the currently active users in the Game House! You can click on a user and even end them a direct challenge--or better yet, propose!
There are multiple types of chamber rooms, but the most common are 2 v 2 and 4 v 4. In your room, you'll be able to hang out with your team mates, discuss battle strategy and power ups, and more! And yes - you can password protect your chamber!
- Teammates - Your battle Allies! An X will appear in a slot if the position is not available for others to join.
- Fight Type - Free Fight means anyone can play or join to fight each other. League Fights are fights between leagues (and also how you gain glory!)
- Power Ups - Provided you have the gold, you can purchase some special power ups to use in combat, including a heal and an ice cube to freeze your opponent for a certain number of turns!
- Battle Info - Displays the turn duration and what area you'll be fighting in
- Team Options - Used to invite friends or to switch to another available team!
- Start - Click this kewl looking button to ready up for battle! Your teammates should click the button that says "Ready" before you can press Start.
A 4 v 4 room is essentially the same. You can see what that looks like here: CLICK ME
B. Fight Basics
Combat in DDTank is pretty straight forward: you either need to kill or knock your enemies off the map. Pretty easy - it just takes some time to learn how to practice aiming!
Make sure to check out POWER-UPS as they're cool, nifty things that will really make a difference in your attacks!
Special power-ups are available in the chamber room before you enter combat to purchase with your gold. Those will be displayed on the BOTTOM three power ups on the fight screen. Additional power ups for purchase in the fight can be found on the RIGHT of the screen.
: Can do tons of stuff, ranging from increasing your POW meter, giving you back HP, making you invisible, and increasing the number, amount, and power of your attacks, and more!
Battle Screen Breakdown
- Current Turn - Displays whose turn it is, and how long left you have in the turn timer.
- Chat - Chat screen is here! You can trash talk to your enemies (in a pg-13 manner). Just press enter to open up the chat bar.
- Firing Info - Displays the angle of your attack, the teleport button, the strength of your attack, and which power ups you have activated for this turn
- Wind - The current direction and amount of wind resistance. This DOES affect your firing, so be sure to keep an eye on it!
- Mini-Map - Displays the pitfalls, and locations of allies and enemies in a compact view.
- Available Power Ups (Right) - Displays the current power ups available for you to buy in combat to obliterate your enemies!
- Available Power Ups (Bottom) - Displays the power ups you selected before entering the match.
- Health, Energy (Physical), and Pow Meter - The red block displays your current HP, the Energy bar is your available physical (for use of movement and power ups), and your Pow meter shows how far you are from unleashing your ultimate attack!