GMDantine

Aeria: Wingman
GMDantine
PostedOct 12, 2010 12:34 pm

How to Take and Post a Screenshot!

PrintScreen/PrntScrn, your new best friend. :3

Learning how to take screenshots is essential! We may ask you for them in Contact Us tickets, or for Event Participation, or to provide us evidence in reports! Make sure you check out the following guide on how to take and post screenshots!

Step 1: Press the Print Screen key!

For browser games, all your screenshots are completely dependent on the PRINT SCREEN/PRNTSCRN key! Locate it on your keyboard!

When you press it, what it does is take a screenshot of everything viewable on your monitor.
OR you can use ALT + Print Screen, which will only take a screenshot of your top window.

In Mac
Command-Shift-3: Take a screenshot of the screen, and save it as a file on the desktop
Command-Shift-4, then select an area: Take a screenshot of an area and save it as a file on the desktop
Command-Shift-4, then space, then click a window: Take a screenshot of a window and save it as a file on the desktop
Command-Control-Shift-3: Take a screenshot of the screen, and save it to the clipboard
Command-Control-Shift-4, then select an area: Take a screenshot of an area and save it to the clipboard
Command-Control-Shift-4, then space, then click a window: Take a screenshot of a window and save it to the clipboard

Step 2: Ctrl+V or Edit -> Paste into MS Paint!

Open up MS Paint, or your preferred Image Editor, and either go to the top left of the screen and select Edit -> Paste OR, use your keyboard and press the copy paste shortcut, CTRL+V.

If your screen shot took correctly, your screen will end up looking like this.

Step 3: Crop your screenshot!

Sometimes we may require you to crop your screenshot, or you may want to do so to maintain privacy on your desktop or bookmarks, etc. In paint, you can easily crop your screenshot by dragging the image into the top corner, and then dragging the white box located at the bottom right until your image is cropped to only show the game.

If will end up looking like this.

Step 4: Save your screenshot!

Next, select File > Save As... and pick where you want to save your screenshot. You should save it ONLY as a .JPG or .PNG file.

Step 5: Upload your image to a photo host!
You will need to go to an Image Hosting Site. Follow their directions to upload your selected image.

Image Hosting Sites
Tiny Pic
ImageShack
Photobucket  

Step 6: Displaying your image!

To post your image in a forum post:
You will need the Direct Image Link that you got after uploading your image. Copy that link and Paste it into IMG BB Code.

[img]Insert Your Image Link Here[/img]  

If you want to see how your post looks, press PREVIEW before submitting.

To post your image to us through Contact Us:
If you are sending it to us in CONTACT US, simply paste the direct image link into the Contact Us message body.

Questions, comments, concerns? Contact Us

PS: I'm aware my examples are of Caesary, but the concept is exactly the same. Very Happy
Advertisement

italo93939

Rank 0
PostedOct 27, 2010 5:30 pm

=)

marksteele

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
marksteele
PostedOct 27, 2010 6:09 pm

Re: =)

italo93939 wrote:

srsly? But really I cant win them all, I belive that was a 1 shot kill map Smile

tankgear

Rank 0
PostedNov 03, 2010 1:40 am
Nice Topic... Thank you for sharing this... It is very helpful to everybody... Keep up the good work... Laughing

teetee2tone

Rank 1
teetee2tone
PostedNov 03, 2010 6:37 pm

DDTank

i lost but i still play wen im bored

<a>Photobucket</a>

kenshin_him

Rank 0
kenshin_him
PostedNov 03, 2010 6:59 pm

hehe