Devistat

Rank 4
Devistat
PostedSep 30, 2010 10:45 pm

Help a Life; Set For Life - A Contest for the Future

What is it?

Have you ever had the urge to get something in return while still helping a good, if not great, cause? Well I may have just the solution for you! I'm going to be participating in this year's Extra Life charity event on the 16th of October with a few friends as we play the same video game for 24 hours straight. While the fundamentals behind this charity are amazingly awesome, we can use every donation possible to help these kids out that need everyone's help so desperately.

Keeping in the spirit of the charitable organization I decided to turn this in to a contest which a few of you can walk away winners of! Who says helping others isn't helping yourself? :) For the three highest donors I will be giving away in-game items of your choosing worth up to a designated AP value as listed below. Keep in mind the items must be in game tradeable or I have no way of getting them to you.

To sum it up this is a sort of "Get what you give" contest. The more you give to the charity the better chance you have of winning the top prize. Really everyone is still a winner to me just knowing that you're helping out someone that needs everyone's help. That or knowing I'll be thoroughly slap happy by the end of the 24 hours should at least be worth it. Whichever brings you peace of mind ;^)

How to Enter:

You can Click this link that leads to my Extra Life donation page. Under my picture on the left is a "Donate Now" button. Click that, enter your information as prompted and donate away. If you're under 18, do everyone a favor and get permission if you're using your parents Credit Card or something. They tend to frown on those things if they don't know about it :P

Detail summary & Rules:

For a slightly deeper understanding to why I'm doing this you can read my original thread here: Devi's 24 hour Video Gaming Marathon Charity thread
If you're curious about the organization itself you can visit this link: Extra Life - Play Games, Heal Kids
If there are any questions at all you're welcome to ask. I will answer them as best as I can.

As with every good contest there are some rules.

1. Contest ends at 11:59pm Pacific on October 15th. All donations after that will be considered donations to the cause and not considered for the running in the contest.
  2. Respect all other contestants no matter what.
  3. Prizes are non-transferable to other in game characters except your own. If you win, the prize comes to you. What you do with it from there is up to you.
  4. Remember this is a contest. Donating doesn't guarantee you a win. Donating however does guarantee you help someone in need.
  5. It will ask for a Donor Name when you donate. Make sure the name you put here is the name you want me to have as your entry in to the contest.
  6. PM me with your Donor Name and Amount donated if you wish to enter the contest so I can verify it's legitimacy.
  7. The donor list lets me see your Donor Name, Date a donation was made, and the amount. These will all be used to verify with the info you PM me for accuracy. I *DO NOT* have access to any of the Credit Card or PayPal information. Only the people running the charity have access to that.
  8. Remember Donor Name *MUST* be in a PM or I won't qualify it for entry. I can't stress this enough.
  9. Only electronic donations (Credit Card, PayPal) will be recognized for the contest. Although paper payments are appreciated through the site (as I said every little bit helps) I can not recognize these as actual donor contributions. It's the way they have their donor list setup. This is out of my control.

Prizes and limitations:

1st: 5000AP worth of in-game transferable prizes
2nd: 2500AP worth of in-game transferable prizes
3rd: 1000AP worth of in-game transferable prizes

Yes, those zeros are all correctly placed. Top donation from the forums will win five thousand Aeria Points worth of in-game prizes.
All prizes can be spread across multiple games if you so wish. Just give me time to cross any tutorials I have to play in the ones you choose so I can get them to you :)
Prizes must be acknowledged by the winner within two weeks of contest ending or the AP gets recycled back in the system for the next contest further down the road.

Because the formatting of donations was asked about earlier today today from a random donor I'd like to clarify that whatever amount you enter will be the TOTAL donation that you make. For example: If you tell the system you want to donate $20, it will only take $20. It does NOT multiply this for every hour we play.

Last but not least, good luck, and the children thank you :)

~Devi~ ^.^
P.S. Sorry this isn't a nicer formatted post but I wanted to get this out there ASAP. For the kids that need the help and for you guys and gals to have more time to donate and have a better chance at winning.
Advertisement

Devistat

Rank 4
Devistat
PostedOct 03, 2010 2:07 pm
Just throwing this out there as a reminder that there's only 12 days left from today, so if you haven't participated yet and you were going to for a chance at winning the top prize of 5000AP worth of items, time is of the essence. For those of you that have given so far I'm sure the children you're helping all greatly thank you!

~Devi~

Devistat

Rank 4
Devistat
PostedOct 12, 2010 2:09 pm
Hey guys and gals. Just wanted to make mention it's down to the final running now. This contest ends THIS Friday night. There's still a huge possibility that you could win so by all means, don't let the fact that we're down to only a few days cause you to think that you don't have a chance at winning the 5000 AP worth of in game items of your choice.

Good luck to everyone, and thank you to those of you that have donated to this point. If you have donated don't forget to PM me with the name you donated under (this can be anything, it doesn't have to be your real name when actually donating) so that I can add your name to the list of those I have to check once the contest is over.

Again good luck and thanks for the heartfelt concern through your donations Smile

With <3,
~Devi~

Devistat

Rank 4
Devistat
PostedOct 16, 2010 12:13 pm
This contest is now officially over. After tallying up the donations I'd like to say a congrats to Fuzzymoogle for taking the top prize out of this.

All prize winners will be PM'd privately to discuss how you wish to spend your AP winnings.