spaznick

Aeria: Product Manager
spaznick
PostedSep 30, 2010 10:44 am   Last edited by spaznick on Sep 30, 2010 10:52 am. Edited 1 time in total

Shaiya Server Status

Lag? Disconnects? Read this.
First off, allow me to apologize for the intermittent server issues and lag you have recently been experiencing on all servers. It is our commitment to ensure that these issues are resolved ASAP and that we fully disclose the cause and process for restoring service to the game servers.

After some research and tracking of connection activity, we have determined that recent disconnects (including Sundays) have been the result of a DDOS attack on our servers. We are currently working with our server providers, and the authorities to track down and fully prosecute the responsible person(s), as well as respond to all inquiries regarding to lost items.
==========================================================================

I know many of you (Teos), are worried about lost AH listing again as a result of these attacks. Luckily, we were able to work with SonoV yesterday and apply changes to the data recording processes associated with the AH, it looks like so far these changes have been effective in fixing the Teos AH issues from further data loss.

Now the question comes up: What are we going to do about Ultimate Mode characters and resurrection runes?

The answer is that we're still trying to figure that one out and will keep you updated when we determine a course of action. In the meantime, it would be a good idea to either use a long-duration continuous resurrection rune or play on a hard mode character. This is not a sales pitch and is just a statement regarding the reality of the situation.

Thanks for your patience everyone as we go through the process of resolving these recent problems. Please keep all your comments regarding disconnects and lag you may be experiencing here.

Expect more info to come as I find out more, thanks so much for your patience while we find and prosecute this individual and for your continued Playership.
Advertisement

DaFrog

Rank 0
PostedSep 30, 2010 10:48 am
Now the question comes up: What are we going to do about Ultimate Mode characters and resurrection runes?

Would you please state the problem that are with these ? does the resurrection runes work or not ? just wondering since i canīt find any info on problems with these ?

GMSkempo

GameMaster: USA
GMSkempo
PostedSep 30, 2010 10:49 am
DaFrog wrote:

Would you please state the problem that are with these ? does the resurrection runes work or not ? just wondering since i canīt find any info on problems with these ?  

They work. What Spaznick is saying is to avoid using your UMs if all you have are resurrection runes to avoid using them in case another disconnection occurs.

SailorSpira

Rank 5
SailorSpira
PostedSep 30, 2010 10:51 am   Last edited by SailorSpira on Sep 30, 2010 10:51 am. Edited 1 time in total
An untimely DC can kill a character thus costing thema run. If there are several DC's this cna be quite costly. Thus why they are advising use to opt for conti's that allow you to dide as many times as you possiably can.

Edit: Ninja'd by the Skempinator.

DaFrog

Rank 0
PostedSep 30, 2010 10:51 am
GMSkempo wrote:
DaFrog wrote:

They work. What Spaznick is saying is to avoid using your UMs if all you have are resurrection runes to avoid using them in case another disconnection occurs.  

Ohh thanks that where good info since i only have ress runes myself Very Happy where just for a moment thinking they had disabled the ress runes untill they got the grb glitch fixed. Razz

Aufklarer

GameSage: Shaiya
Aufklarer
PostedSep 30, 2010 10:52 am
Thanks for the informative and honest explanation, Spaznick.

SailorSpira

Rank 5
SailorSpira
PostedSep 30, 2010 10:53 am
DaFrog wrote:
GMSkempo wrote:
DaFrog wrote:

Ohh thanks that where good info since i only have ress runes myself Very Happy where just for a moment thinking they had disabled the ress runes untill they got the grb glitch fixed. Razz  

That is not a glitch it is an exploit. Using an exploit is against ToS and should be reported if you are aware of anyone using it.

ESWBitto

Rank 4
ESWBitto
PostedSep 30, 2010 10:54 am
Just out of curiosity. How are you going to prosecute the person(s) liable for this if they are not located in the USA?

Isn't that a little out of your ability to prosecute? The reason I ask is I work in Government for my state and with the amount of attacks we get from East Asia and so forth.

DaFrog

Rank 0
PostedSep 30, 2010 10:54 am
SailorSpira wrote:
DaFrog wrote:
GMSkempo wrote:
DaFrog wrote:

That is not a glitch it is an exploit. Using an exploit is against ToS and should be reported if you are aware of anyone using it.  

hehe.. ye true.. i only see what everybody else seeīs.. the top30 GRB ranking.

spaznick

Aeria: Product Manager
spaznick
PostedSep 30, 2010 11:08 am   Last edited by spaznick on Sep 30, 2010 11:11 am. Edited 1 time in total
ESWBitto wrote:
Just out of curiosity. How are you going to prosecute the person(s) liable for this if they are not located in the USA?

Isn't that a little out of your ability to prosecute? The reason I ask is I work in Government for my state and with the amount of attacks we get from East Asia and so forth.  

We can successfully track and prosecute them with the help of the FBI and our server providers (we have done so in the past, regardless of location in most cases).