natascha1977

Rank 4
natascha1977
PostedSep 23, 2010 5:05 am   Last edited by natascha1977 on Sep 23, 2010 5:06 am. Edited 1 time in total
what events - 70 doesnt HAVE events - we bored..

[note: this morning heard staff is talking about it - cant wait - but still nothingggggg we bored]
Advertisement

scubastitch

Rank 1
scubastitch
PostedSep 23, 2010 5:06 am
natascha1977 wrote:
what events - 70 doesnt HAVE events - we bored..  

We got D-water linked events now. According to patch we can now eneter Smile

sora_emo

Rank 4
PostedSep 23, 2010 5:13 am
Not many 70s yet, not atleast on UoF, so you wanted to be there alone =P?

weda562002

Rank 0
PostedSep 23, 2010 6:03 am
Right now I only pvp in Canta I would love to see more events for 20-30 either linked or home server. Gaia is pretty dead except for the events.

Tinewenn

Rank 3
Tinewenn
PostedSep 23, 2010 8:07 am
another suggestion:
can we pls have an event schedule again like tactics made then the past few months b4 he left?

_Halcon

Rank 2
_Halcon
PostedSep 23, 2010 8:23 am
I almost can not attend events because I'm working or sleeping. I believe all working europeans would love to have events between 9 am and 15am pst.

natascha1977

Rank 4
natascha1977
PostedSep 23, 2010 11:27 am
sora_emo wrote:
Not many 70s yet, not atleast on UoF, so you wanted to be there alone =P?  
no - whats taking you? we aint invading that much either QQ

CorvuCorax

Rank 4
CorvuCorax
PostedSep 26, 2010 9:02 pm
Not exactly necroing this but... Any words on the goddess battle? We've been hoping for this event for well over an year.

glenburnedad

Rank 0
glenburnedad
PostedSep 30, 2010 10:13 am
I agree with Moonddy.. the events are great and the spawns are sometimes WOW.. but in most cases it takes a raid to kill them off which is great (Team Work) but the leader gain option should not be fuctional during these events.. Everyone in the raid is working just as hard(i hope) so why should the leader of the raid reap all the rewards.. The leader may be AFK and not doing a thing. just leeching.. bt otherwise Great Events TY!!!!!!

Mandatar

Rank 5
PostedOct 01, 2010 3:12 am

Re: We want your feedback on events!

Pros & Cons - We want YOUR opinion!!
GMFalcon wrote:
GM Falcon needs your help!!!

Hey all you Shaiya guys & gals! I'm really trying hard to improve the events for all of y'all. The best way I can do that is to hear the feedback from you, the players! So please drop your suggestions here on how to improve events in general. Pros & Cons of Events held on LINKED, Pros & Cons of Events held on HOME Servers, the times you would like to see events held, suggestions for new events. I want to hear it all! The Good, the Bad, the Ugly!!!

Be blunt and voice your opinions. How can things improve? What can the GMs do to help? These events are for the players, so I want to hear it from the players themselves! What can I do to make things better? Thanks, everyone!

Hi,

All events I have the same disadvantage... if they attract a lot of players, the enjoyability decreases. A lot of players means lag, but more importantly multiple unions. And because of the setup of most events (all players are focused to strife for a goal, while battling), those with the biggest guns benefit. This makes weaker players stay away in frustration. People dislike being cannonfodder for the top pvp union, while the top union rakes in kills or monster drops etc. This is by far the biggest challenge you have in making events better. It would really help if Sonov could make a code change where you can attach unions (kill shares) or something similar. Perhaps only use this for events. I am aware that it means coding changes, but it would bring the frustration during events down a lot.

Another thing is the reward system. It might need some polishing, and perhaps some tiny boosts, in order to motivate people to come and work.

My last comment is that it's regrettable that events often focus on overpowering mobs or locations and push the other faction out. It does not stimulate balanced combat between factions. I believe that a good event can guide players in a way that balance is easier to be found.

To conclude, as I would deem fitting, I wish to give examples of how I would see improvement. Merely saying what's bad would be cheap, without trying to say what direction I'd like events to go.

>> Supermarket sweep - perhaps try a wider "faction based reward". For example make a calculation which faction spends most. Then say, in each server the faction that bought most Ice, the top 20 spenders + 10 random get a res rune. The top 10 spenders + 5 random from the losing faction get a mini sun exp pill. Perhaps a special reward for the top spender of each faction/server.

>> New event for Proelium/Canta. I thought it would be nice if the stronger faction would get a challenging reward when holding the relic/ides/altar. For example canta, if the UoF holds altar for 10 minutes in a row, a special "karis guard" is spawned in the nw corner of the map. This mob is fill with whatever would be a good reward (remedies, nos, cheaper AP items, lapises etc). The UoF now have a chance to kill this guard for reward. BUT... when the AoL take the altar down the mob gets removed when the AoL altar spawns. That way, the stronger faction has the choice to split up (defend altar and kill guard), while the weaker faction has a choice to engage an occupied separated opponent.

>> Monster Madness. Run those on Linked as well as home servers all the time. However!! spawn less top bosses on home servers, and more "lower" bosses. The top players will go to linked for the best rewards, while the "weaker" players can have a shot and decent/good drops in the home server.