GMFalcon

GameMaster: USA
GMFalcon
PostedSep 21, 2010 1:36 pm   Last edited by GMFalcon on Sep 24, 2010 7:34 pm. Edited 1 time in total

We want your feedback on events!

Pros & Cons - We want YOUR opinion!!
GM Falcon needs your help!!!

Hey all you Shaiya guys & gals! I'm really trying hard to improve the events for all of y'all. The best way I can do that is to hear the feedback from you, the players! So please drop your suggestions here on how to improve events in general. The times you would like to see events held, suggestions for new events, etc. I want to hear it all! The Good, the Bad, the Ugly!!!

Be blunt and voice your opinions. How can things improve? What can the GMs do to help? These events are for the players, so I want to hear it from the players themselves! What can I do to make things better? Thanks, everyone!
Advertisement

moonddy

Rank 0
moonddy
PostedSep 21, 2010 2:06 pm

to GM's

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes EVENTS r greats
but 1 thing in Monster Madness event all drops going to the leader who become soo rich he selling the 1 lapis for 3.5 bil at least
that is not fair all players in the RAID playing for one player Rolling Eyes

garydensmore

Rank 0
PostedSep 21, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: to GM's

moonddy wrote:
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes EVENTS r greats
but 1 thing in Monster Madness event all drops going to the leader who become soo rich he selling the 1 lapis for 3.5 bil at least
that is not fair all players in the RAID playing for one player Rolling Eyes  

I agree with his opion. Other wise i like most events the way they are.A warlords event for 1-15 would be awsume.I like supermarket sweeps the best because you get kills and ice cream how can you beat that lololol

GMFalcon

GameMaster: USA
GMFalcon
PostedSep 21, 2010 2:44 pm

garydensmore wrote:
A warlords event for 1-15 would be awsume.  

We do have a 1-15 warlords event that we run. Keep an eye on the events, because it might happening soon...

Ezat

Rank 2
PostedSep 21, 2010 4:52 pm
heres some of my opinions:

1. Events need to be announced at least 24 hour prior the event on forum, client updater notice, facebook, and whatever means at AGE's disposal in order to get a great turnout..if not, alot of ppl wouldve missed it.

2. Events need to be held at two different timezones so tht players from the other side of the world get to enjoy it too..i kno u guys already had some of the events set up this way (kudos to tht) but it needs more..or is it just me tht didnt kno tht it existed?

3. I like it tht the GMs did in-game announcement 30mins,15mins, 10mins before the events starts, it helps when im logged on and missed the notice posted on forum..but we players usually dont log on 24/7 and events is something tht ppl dont wanna miss..so its back to suggestion number 1.

4. id like to give a suggestion for an event..how bout if gm randomly choose a player from both factions to be killed..and everytime they got killed, a new person is chosen..its kinda like the evnt where we hav to kill the opposing GMs (forgot the name of it) but instead of GMs, we use random players..uber or non ubers..that should spice things up a bit..oh n dont make a special tag for him/her and he must be in the raid and cant b hiding somewhere else or in safe zone..if raid is rushing out he/she must be among the rush.

thats all..

elizabobo

Rank 3
elizabobo
PostedSep 21, 2010 9:24 pm

here comes really long post...

Ty GM Falcon for wanting to give us players uber events. I look forward to events and plan my gametime around them. I play in all 3 pvp zones, so I have noticed some things I would like to share.

***RE pros/ cons of LINKED-
pro:
1) more people = more kills= faster rank
2) make friends from other servers
3) less work for GMs
4) I prefer linked events (lolz)
con:
1) lag for some players
2) no acces AP item mall
3) no WH easily accessible
4) unable to pm or communicate with your server other than GC

***RE pros/cons of HOME- I am speaking from Teos server
pro:
1) less lag
2) acces WH easier
con:
1) faction imbalance in 1-15
2) faction imbalance in 20-30-yes for me it counts as 2

Whether we are in home or linked there seems to be issue with communcation between multiple raids. We have to use area chat to communicate or yell in red text. Purple voice is almost null/void with mutiple raids, unless we have raid leaders who will work together.

*RE TIMES-
I think the evening events need a standing event schedule like Supermarket Sweeps. This gives most players abilty to plan guild events ( like OI) around GM events. Also, I wish we would have more GS host home pvp events like midday time so there will be more events a day. [GS]DirtNap does excellant job hosting events for Teos 20-30. I don't know about other servers, I only play on Teos.

Here is rough draft I made up proposing higher level events around OI times: (just suggestions here)
Sunday 31-60 linked --------- OI 8am-2pm
Monday 1-15 linked ---------- OI 8pm-2am
Tuesday 20-30 linked --------- OI 2pm-8pm
Wednesday MM HOME --------- OI 8am-2pm
Thursday 1-15 linked ---------- OI 8pm-2am
Friday 20-30 linked ------------- OI 2pm-8pm
Saturday 60-70 HOME- new map or jungle bridge -- OI 8pm-2am

I like the idea of having 31-60 events in linked for the 50 somethings. All we need is more particiaption. 60-70 pvp gives the highest levels an event, around leveling, bosses, and daily pvp.

MONSTER MADNESS: My opinion, it is better on home servers, because more loot goes to each server quite frankly. I would suggest spawn mob types at different locations. The usual end game bosses in one town, and also some low level -newbie- mobs, in a different town. This will make fun event for players at all levels.

NAKED PVP EVENTS: 1-15 and 20-30, these are very popular with players. No noss, no gear . Npc weapons with no oj or enchants or slots. This gives new players a chance to check out pvp, gives veterans a chance to have fun and unwind a bit. I have planned these with GS hosting( GS SeasonsEnd, GS Snowwhite, GS Krovikian, GSFUZ, have made this possible as standing hosts) for 8 months running and have very good turnout. The last one we had GMs came, Idk if it was you, I was so preoccupied with everything, but GMs made it uber event. Check out the NPCgearPVP public group. Haven't had any naked events since ep5 came out.

MINI BOSS INVASION: maybe make it over a weekend or 24 hr time period. Random spawns on home servers during alotted time frame. Make them drop AP items like rec runes, moves, summons, pel, lapisia. Maybe spawn outside dungeons like FL, AR, RC, AN, AuR . Not really an event per se , but something random and fun. I love seeing these bosses. I always get a thrill when I see one. Their curent drops are npc fodder. Kind of takes the thrill out of killing one. Why not make them drop something good?

EPIC WARLORDS: In all 3 zones in linked simultaneouly. Make it like a 3 hour event. Starting with GM Warlords in 31-60 zone for one hour. Then 1-15 for one hour, and 20-30 for one hour. The other zones just regular pvp until WarLords show up. Or maybe make GS WarLords and do all 3 simultaneously. Giving the GSs WarLord title for day, may spark up attendance, as each server may want to attend and support there GS.

SERVER VS. SERVER TOURNAMENT: GS Avalicious had great idea and had 1-15 server vs. server tournaments. There were requests by several players for something like this in 20-30. Would involve alot of planning, but I think it could be done again in uber GM fashion in all pvp zones. Maybe offer special GM raffle to winning server faction from each zone. http://forums.aeriagames.com/viewtopic.php?t=861987#6723777

Anyway long post, its late, and I will probably read this tomorrow and say: OMG why did I post that crap?? lolz

Agree with Moonddy on the leader loot thing tho. All I can say to that if your leader has that on, leave raid and make new one on random drop. I don't know what else to say about that. Unless, it is guild raid only and they farming for guild.

Agee with Ezat on ingame announcements they are a big deal. Alot of players do not read forums, to know about upcoming events. I check forums daily. It would be nice to have earlier forum posting about event. His idea about pvp tag sounds like alot of fun too.

CortexTime

Rank 0
PostedSep 23, 2010 2:45 am
Can we have the "Europe timezone" Monday to Friday events be the same time as the GRB

That is 8pm in the UK England so is good for people who work in the daytime

I'm sure many of these working people have money to spend on AP.

sora_emo

Rank 4
PostedSep 23, 2010 3:07 am
Only playing in Canta atm... I've really liked the event on Thursday in Linked Canta for europeans, actually only event I can weekly attend so I hope it stays. Canta is pretty much dead so we would need many events..
I like the Supermarket Sweeps idea, but the bosses drops pretty much nothing, would be cool if we got some bosses that would actually drop something that would be worth using -> more people -> more AP spent, happy customer better customer.

And on events theres pretty much inbalance. Would be cool if GMs would like give bless for the faction thats getting squished, would make it balanced, more kills, more fun.

(Doesnt reset altar, people just get the crit chance & stats & regens from bless) Maybe not bless but something that would make up the edge between factions.

Tinewenn

Rank 3
Tinewenn
PostedSep 23, 2010 4:33 am

GMFalcon wrote:

We do have a 1-15 warlords event that we run. Keep an eye on the events, because it might happening soon...  

1st of all, yey more events for 1-15

2nd, pls don't bring up the discussion of linked vs home again, we talked about it many times b4, some ppl like it, others don't.

3rd, Events concentrated around a single place (altar) are generally best for pvp. Relic hunter scatters everyone around the map, supermarket at least keeps ppl at the altar.

4th, pls pls pls don't spawn 60 end game bosses in 1-15 again falcon (see below). It kills almost everyone in the raid, including the nossers which makes ppl log off. So spawning to hard bosses will end the event and is a big spoil of the fun.

scubastitch

Rank 1
scubastitch
PostedSep 23, 2010 4:59 am

Monster Madness
Vary the time of MM. For example 1st Wednesday of the month keep where its is, 2nd move to 12am PST, for the europeans who must work and can't do MM at 3am. 3rd a time for the ppl in Asia and 4th back to original time
Also do the even months on home servers, the odd months on linked.