jotasnake

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
jotasnake
PostedDec 05, 2010 7:53 am
Thanks for the warning, this seem to be happening quite often so i hope everyone reads this before they do something wrong.

Advertisement

crystalpink

Rank 5.1
crystalpink
PostedDec 05, 2010 9:05 am
Additional info.

To see the actual link without clicking it:

1. Hover the pointer of the mouse on the link, and the actual web address will be shown at the bottom left of the browser window like this

Image taken from here.

2. Right click (NOT left click) on the link, then choose copy link location/copy link address. After that paste it somewhere else (notepad, MSword, or anywhere you can do pasting from what you copied) to see the the actual name of the link.

There have been an increase of stolen-account incidents these past few days. :/

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedDec 05, 2010 10:14 am
crystalpink wrote:
Additional info.  

it's been mentioned in the OP, yeah true, not so clear, but he said it Wink

signature of xybolt

magician2010

Rank 0
magician2010
PostedDec 05, 2010 10:18 am

Thank you

Thank you for the heads up.

blueskyboi91

Rank 5
blueskyboi91
PostedDec 05, 2010 10:26 am
woot thanks for head up...

skull12580

Rank 5.1
skull12580
On the planet consumed by greed. United States
PostedDec 05, 2010 11:35 am
I'd like to point whomever is interested to the Web of Trust(WOT) which is an add-on and site that displays a rating for each site-green being good, red being bad. Generally if you put the link in the website, you will find atleast one rating, but if you don't, I'd personally consider that a flag anyways. It's pretty nifty and can help avoid phishing sites all over Wink

crystalpink

Rank 5.1
crystalpink
PostedDec 05, 2010 5:22 pm
xybolt wrote:
crystalpink wrote:
Additional info.  

it's been mentioned in the OP, yeah true, not so clear, but he said it Wink  

I'm sorry, but where in my post saying Jon didn't mention/say about what I said on my last post?
I didn't say Jon didn't mention it.
He did mention it. I just gave an additional info to what Jon has said.
Since that topic I mentioned has a more detailed info, thus, I added his screenshot here.

iOverful

Rank 4
iOverful
Somewhere you will never find United States
PostedDec 05, 2010 6:39 pm
Thank you for these, helpful for some noobs that not looking at the site like me

backlikeanoobtard

GuitarMaster501

Rank 1
GuitarMaster501
PostedDec 09, 2010 12:55 pm
Oh so this is why stupid people havent been reading my story when I SB Post it. Probably cause wimpy nubs just assume its phishing, they dont even check to see if its real. This kinda sucks.

made by SnowyDew :3

theo86

Rank 0
theo86
PostedJan 25, 2011 1:19 pm

Re: RE:also about hackers

this is what u do bout these worthless no lifers
Kenji_Himora wrote:
im a game developer in colleger so take my word for itXD.

If u got this showin up on ur computer" security breach or, your computer is infected and about everything u click wont let u launch anything because it is so called"infected" and a stupid buy it now anti virus deal keeps showin up? then its not a virus, your computer HAS been hacked!!!
The easiest way i P.O'd thiese freaks is i simply do the following:
1:Usually when u click the power button real fast it goes to sleep (usually for lap tops), but if not put it to sleep if u have a hard desktop type.
2:As soon as you turn your computer back on ( if yours does this) then your computer will be startin up all your startup files, before this jerkoff gets onto your computer....CNTL+ALT+DLT and bring up the task mngr asap
3: keep the task up and wait for the security bs to start up again, scroll through the tab "processes" and look for a random set of letters, (example:cdfddfgr.con) or somethin stupid like that.
4:When some1 tried hackinmy computer, i screwed with his by puttin his runnin on win 95 and 256 colors, but for the quick way right click the random letters and go to properties, there u can go theu the admin rights, denying them all access to your computer, therefore he wont be able to get back on ur comp ever again
5: after u have finally denied this jerk of all acces to your precious computer, simply "end process" and smile ur butt off as he goes away forever
6:stand up and pat yourself on the back, you outsmarted even a hackerXD!

btw thnx about the scammers, its good to know ppl like us are helpin others outXD
Kenji_Himora
p.s-WATAH!  

Adding some point, when your computer on restart, hurry cut your internet connection. (Turn Off the Modem). Smile

Distance tests the endurance of a horse; time reveals a man's character. <RoyalArmada> Crew