Wolf_Lord

Rank 0
Wolf_Lord
PostedMar 21, 2008 11:05 am
lunacrescent wrote:
Err...dude...its not Christmas o_o I'm also Canadian but ive never crossed the border to shop before. Things are more expensive there.  

Things are generally cheaper there. Surprised
I live very close to the border and my parents and a lot people I know cross it just to buy gas!

Especially when our dollars have parity or if our dollar is worth more, we get great deals there. I mean for example if you check the prices of books, the Canadian price could be anywhere from 3 to 10 dollars more than the American one.

However it should be noted that these savings are more limited to smaller goods because of tariffs.

*I'm going to put a warning that this is based on my general opinion and understanding of the situation and that it shouldn't be taken as 100% fact

And thanks. I'm going to go head out to a Mac's or Walmart later then. ^^

Kurogane-ou - Onyx
Advertisement

Liddokun

Rank 4
Liddokun
PostedMar 21, 2008 12:32 pm
You can ask most major local bank in your area and they will be more than happy to sell you a VISA or MASTERCARD gift card. That's the safest and guaranteed way to buy one. Some might require some personal identification (like resident card) before they will sell you tho.

Akitakara

Rank 4
Akitakara
PostedMar 21, 2008 1:53 pm
Liddokun wrote:
You can ask most major local bank in your area and they will be more than happy to sell you a VISA or MASTERCARD gift card. That's the safest and guaranteed way to buy one. Some might require some personal identification (like resident card) before they will sell you tho.  

Wouldn't there be an age restriction?

ittoujuu wrote:
I'm 26 and male, though according to Clementine, I'm mentally a 15-year-old male, along with the Softstar development team. :)

wwsean08

Rank 5.1
wwsean08
PostedMar 21, 2008 1:59 pm
Akitakara wrote:
Liddokun wrote:

not all states (in the US) have restrictions, i'm 17 and have a credit card. Some states you have to be 18, some you don't

<br>Tired of ad's, and use Firefox? Grab [url=https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon /1865]Adblock Plus[/url], it eliminates most ads including within youtube videos

Akitakara

Rank 4
Akitakara
PostedMar 21, 2008 3:04 pm
wwsean08 wrote:
Akitakara wrote:
Liddokun wrote:

not all states (in the US) have restrictions, i'm 17 and have a credit card. Some states you have to be 18, some you don't  

I thought we were just talking about methods in general and not specific to a country / region...

ittoujuu wrote:
I'm 26 and male, though according to Clementine, I'm mentally a 15-year-old male, along with the Softstar development team. :)

wwsean08

Rank 5.1
wwsean08
PostedMar 21, 2008 3:04 pm
Akitakara wrote:
wwsean08 wrote:
Akitakara wrote:
Liddokun wrote:

I thought we were just talking about methods in general and not specific to a country / region...  
i only said that because someone asked about age restrictions

<br>Tired of ad's, and use Firefox? Grab [url=https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon /1865]Adblock Plus[/url], it eliminates most ads including within youtube videos

Emerii

Rank 2
PostedMar 21, 2008 3:35 pm
no, not on Credit Card gift cards, if you have the money you can buy them. Very Happy

Your siggy is waaay tooo big

dand612

Rank 0
dand612
PostedMar 21, 2008 3:49 pm
I can confirm this.
I purchased a $25 visa gift card (all-access) at my local Vons and was able to buy my AP very easily. Although I registered a Paypall account beforehand but I'm not sure if that mattered. Everything went through pretty easily and I instantly had my AP in my account.
Now I just have one question...what is the difference between Paypal Express and Paypal Credit Card? I used both to completely use up the money in my card (credit card used $20, express took the last $5) but I have no idea what Express was... <_<

-Ryukoutsei Vicimus - We Conquer!

Akitakara

Rank 4
Akitakara
PostedMar 21, 2008 3:57 pm
If you looked at the smaller print on the side, beside the logo, Paypal express uses a paypal account, paypal credit card just gets you to enter the credit card info directly instead.

ittoujuu wrote:

lunacrescent

Rank 4
lunacrescent
PostedMar 21, 2008 5:48 pm
Im on my way to the store now to see if they have them xD And junk food too. Junk food is good. <3 and movies. Im dyin here without my account T_T