DjHarlock

Rank 5
PostedMar 20, 2008 6:22 pm   Last edited by DjHarlock on Mar 22, 2008 3:14 pm. Edited 1 time in total

A Guide to Buying AP with $$$ as opposed to a Credit card.

*UPDATE* For those who want to avoid paypal hassle or don't have a Credit card.
I've seen quite a few people say they want to get some Aeria Points but they don't have a credit card and don't want to try and transfer from a bank account.

I've plotted out a pretty simple and effective way of converting your real $$$ into a form usable by Paypal and Aeria Games.

1. The minimum for this is $30. So go gather those quarters in your socks.
2. Go to your local Riteaid or CVS Pharmacy.
3. Locate their mass giftcard section (You can find everything from prepaid phone cards to Hotel gift cards etc.

4. ***Pay Close Attention*** Locate a Visa GiftCard not American Express. American Express does not work with paypal. Find the Gift Card with the amount you're looking to spend (minimum is a $25 card.)
5. Go to register, pay up (there is a 2.95 activation fee that's why I'd bring $30)
6. You should be all set now. Log in, purchase and when you get to the paypal screen, don't sign up just pay via credit card choice (under paypal account not required).
7. Add in all your info as far as address and name goes. Then add your new Visa gift card's number, 3 digit number and expiration date.

8. Congratulations, you just bypassed getting a credit card to feed your gaming needs!

***EDIT***

AMERICAN VISA CARDS DO WORK WITH GOOGLE CHECKOUT!

In the event that whichever Store you choose to pick up a Gift Card from is out of Visa cards, you can use the AMEX cards with Google Checkout.

Just Create an account or for Gmail users, just add a Credit Card to your account using the AMEX gift card info and use your address and name.

Advertisement

Akitakara

Rank 4
Akitakara
PostedMar 20, 2008 6:40 pm
You might want to mention that this probably applies to people only in the US (Never seen a Riteaid or CVS Pharmacy any in canada)

ittoujuu wrote:
I'm 26 and male, though according to Clementine, I'm mentally a 15-year-old male, along with the Softstar development team. :)

Devistat

Rank 4
Devistat
PostedMar 20, 2008 6:42 pm
Akitakara wrote:
You might want to mention that this probably applies to people only in the US (Never seen a Riteaid or CVS Pharmacy any in canada)  

Riteaid and CVS aren't the only places that carry Visa gift cards though. You should be able to find them most places ^.^

Mythyc

Rank 5
Mythyc
PostedMar 20, 2008 6:56 pm
Most PayByCash methods require no credit card either.

Although, my favourite method of payment seems to have been removed recently. Interac Email Money transfers were fast and easy, and it barely took a day to get my AP. I really don't know why they removed that option from the list Sad

thekidthinks

Rank 0
thekidthinks
PostedMar 20, 2008 7:16 pm
Anyone try this yet? Just to make sure Neutral .

lIfe. pRide. dUty. 0x1a31 Iyz Rvte Uxk fleet. Veni, Vidi, Vici

lunacrescent

Rank 4
lunacrescent
PostedMar 20, 2008 7:35 pm
Ive never ever seen a Visa Gift Card. Ill start keepin my eyes open for them o_o

DjHarlock

Rank 5
PostedMar 20, 2008 7:53 pm
I can give you my word it's legit. I've done it several times using all the cards, they all work Very Happy

lunacrescent

Rank 4
lunacrescent
PostedMar 20, 2008 7:54 pm
Anyone know a Canadian store you can get these at?

Penguin223

Rank 0
PostedMar 20, 2008 8:00 pm
Luna I have been told you can get them at most gas stations.

Wolf_Lord

Rank 0
Wolf_Lord
PostedMar 20, 2008 8:10 pm
Bleh I guess I could try border hopping... two weeks is a pretty long wait for AP. x.x

Kurogane-ou - Onyx