I've seen quite a few people say they want to get some Aeria Points but they don't have a credit card and don't want to try and transfer from a bank account.
I've plotted out a pretty simple and effective way of converting your real $$$ into a form usable by Paypal and Aeria Games.
1. The minimum for this is $30. So go gather those quarters in your socks.
2. Go to your local Riteaid or CVS Pharmacy.
3. Locate their mass giftcard section (You can find everything from prepaid phone cards to Hotel gift cards etc.
4. ***Pay Close Attention*** Locate a Visa GiftCard not American Express. American Express does not work with paypal. Find the Gift Card with the amount you're looking to spend (minimum is a $25 card.)
5. Go to register, pay up (there is a 2.95 activation fee that's why I'd bring $30)
6. You should be all set now. Log in, purchase and when you get to the paypal screen, don't sign up just pay via credit card choice (under paypal account not required).
7. Add in all your info as far as address and name goes. Then add your new Visa gift card's number, 3 digit number and expiration date.
8. Congratulations, you just bypassed getting a credit card to feed your gaming needs!
AMERICAN VISA CARDS DO WORK WITH GOOGLE CHECKOUT!
In the event that whichever Store you choose to pick up a Gift Card from is out of Visa cards, you can use the AMEX cards with Google Checkout.
Just Create an account or for Gmail users, just add a Credit Card to your account using the AMEX gift card info and use your address and name.