Matthew4170

Rank 0
PostedOct 29, 2011 10:52 am
Ok... I just thought since st (add the letter f here) was actually directed at someone would be considered to be offensive.Well I guess when you think about it if the ancronyms are allowed,then that just leaves it that he is telling you to shut up,which,is in no way offensive in the mmo world.So that actually makes sense lol.
Advertisement

Matthew4170

Rank 0
PostedOct 29, 2011 11:30 am
What about in a Guild chat? is that private enough or do the rules still apply in there?

rappuseth

Rank 0
PostedNov 08, 2011 4:02 pm
and what about using a bunches of symbols like %^&* (*&^ $%# and so?

Games are games. Life is life. Humans are humans. GF is played by both adults and childrens. Vulgar or not, there are those, who express themself by such means.

I can see why you want to censure it to keep childrens out of advanced word techniques... but... in modern days, when you can hear a lot of heavy meat coming from kindergarden and primaly schools... it seems pointless and plastic. False.

Grand Fantasia: IGN: Nemrath - A Smexy Dead Thing. Scarlet Blade: IGN: Eva - Cutie, shiney medic ;3 Dr Bewbs.

Matthew4170

Rank 0
PostedNov 10, 2011 4:33 am
rappuseth wrote:
and what about using a bunches of symbols like %^&* (*&^ $%# and so?

Games are games. Life is life. Humans are humans. GF is played by both adults and childrens. Vulgar or not, there are those, who express themself by such means.

I can see why you want to censure it to keep childrens out of advanced word techniques... but... in modern days, when you can hear a lot of heavy meat coming from kindergarden and primaly schools... it seems pointless and plastic. False.  

Yeah its sad for on World's Dumbest I saw a little,oh cannot be older then 2,kid,cussing.ok i take that back right when he was like 3 or something idk how old he was lol

InkThePainter

Rank 2
InkThePainter
PostedNov 10, 2011 7:28 am
Matthew4170 wrote:
What about in a Guild chat? is that private enough or do the rules still apply in there?  

Yes, you can curse in Guild Chat. Unless you're one of those guildmates who reports guildmates for filter dodging and cursing then.. *shuns*

teetachy3

Rank 0
teetachy3
PostedDec 09, 2011 8:52 pm
and there is no way of being unbanned from this? cause alot of the time people watch for the simplest and smallest ways to get someone banned on PURPOSE for "language"

xeon10952747250

Rank 0
PostedApr 23, 2012 7:06 am
I WANT THE OLD GM again :< now ull do nothing you'll get perma banned not even 3 days or 7 days INSTANT PERMA Banned -.-.which is really stupid.

iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
PostedApr 23, 2012 10:21 am
xeon10952747250 wrote:
I WANT THE OLD GM again :< now ull do nothing you'll get perma banned not even 3 days or 7 days INSTANT PERMA Banned -.-.which is really stupid.  

Unless your offense is very serious, you won't get perm banned at first offense.

abyssalgod

Rank 0
PostedApr 24, 2012 3:59 pm
This might be out of date. One of my accounts was banned for saying "Crap"

KurysFlame

Rank 3
KurysFlame
PostedMay 15, 2012 1:51 am

Re: Explanation of using inappropriate language / filter dodging

mava3699 wrote:

I know this might be funny, however i find that you might want to put "talking about religion" in there, just because people don't seem to understand that that can offend people just for saying one small thing about it, however i've been seeing more and more of it.

Just thought i'd mention it.  

Know this is responding to something quite old, but unless a person is essentially trying to sell his religion, this shouldn't matter. Think of it like another game website. If I'm mentioning that I like that game or talking about some random game mechanic in it, all is fine. If I continually spam "go to www .thingy-ma-jig.com to experiance an awesome game!" then there's a problem.

rappuseth wrote:

I can see why you want to censure it to keep childrens out of advanced word techniques... but... in modern days, when you can hear a lot of heavy meat coming from kindergarden and primaly schools... it seems pointless and plastic. False

"Advanced" word techniques?!? If you can't express yourself without relying on these "advanced" techniques you speak of, then my mind tells me that you are not worth the respect I give to people I view as intelligent. Note, I don't know if you are one of those people who chiefly uses this advanced vocabulary, but what I said holds true to anyone I see replacing every other word with a swear.

On a side note: is it bannable to say a phrase in a manner which flies over the heads of most people who don't read it twice? I always wanted to say something was equivalent to a selective quantity of the byproduct of the male gender of the bovine species.