LoveLovey

Rank 4
LoveLovey
PostedSep 08, 2010 1:17 pm

Re: ok noob question what is this filter dodging?

mikewitt1 wrote:
I have been gone for a bit and I have an idea but I want to make sure. is it like when some one wrights like H3LL and not the full word out like it is spelled? im just wondering because I was trying to talk to my guild leader and could not wright in the juice type I was drinking because grape was in the name minus the "G". See I told you it was a noob question. Embarassed  
Filter dodging is just that. Filter dodging. Grand Fantasia has censors set up so that certain words show up as **** instead of the real word. To filter dodge is to either leave out a letter, put a special character, or put a "." in the middle of the word to bypass the filter. So, for example, let's say that Munchkin was filtered and came up as **** when you typed it. Someone might type Mun.chkin or Munchk!n, etc to get around the censor. This is filter dodging and is bannable.

[ Aquamarine - Tranquillus - Deity ]

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Advertisement

iunno1

Rank 0
PostedSep 08, 2010 1:31 pm

let's say that Munchkin was filtered  

Lol, maybe a dog was insulting a cat.

Kaoshima

Rank 0
Kaoshima
PostedSep 11, 2010 4:14 pm
What if the word or phrase someone's trying to type isn't itself offensive, but happens to be spelled in a way that has an "offensive" word in it?

Like the above example, grape. If I were to type gr.ape, would that be ban-worthy? I'm not trying to talk about a sexual assault, I'm trying to talk about grapes. =/
How is it fair that someone is banned for talking about fruit?

LoveLovey

Rank 4
LoveLovey
PostedSep 13, 2010 10:02 am
Kaoshima wrote:
What if the word or phrase someone's trying to type isn't itself offensive, but happens to be spelled in a way that has an "offensive" word in it?

Like the above example, grape. If I were to type gr.ape, would that be ban-worthy? I'm not trying to talk about a sexual assault, I'm trying to talk about grapes. =/
How is it fair that someone is banned for talking about fruit?  
I don't believe that will be bannable. If it is, I would've been banned long ago for trying to say reputation. I'll double check just to make sure.

Edit: Just double checked, it isn't bannable.

Kaoshima

Rank 0
Kaoshima
PostedSep 15, 2010 4:08 pm
Now the next step of course is what if we're talking about that infamous sketch, "The Grapist"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqq051BU2MY

Or Tentacle Grape? http://www.tentaclegrape.com/

Razz

AMETHYSTwolf1

Rank 0
AMETHYSTwolf1
PostedFeb 13, 2011 7:43 pm

Re: Explanation of using inappropriate language / filter dodging

GM_Cara wrote:
Things we will NOT ban a player for:[/size]
  • Words such as crap, poop, noob, and other elementary level insults.

Otherwise every person in the world would be banned.

What if you're making a joke (that doesn't offend anyone) and it was meant to be somewhat bad, and you put -shot- or something like that at the end? I tend to do that alot though I don't think it really matters because the only time I'll ever use the in-game chat is to ask a question or if I whisper someone saying ty for helping me defeat a boss/healing me/other. Unless my brother is on in which case we "abuse" the whisper, not literally, but if my bro is online, I'll use the comp to talk instead of walking to the other room because I don't have a life XD

^^^The post is up there. Read that instead^^^ [image]http://paradaisu.shinkirou.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/preview_vocaloidLily.jpg[/image]

GourmetPrince

Rank 0
PostedFeb 22, 2011 9:18 pm
George Carlin will one day rise from the dead and strike this thread.

I should be a poet. Cool

Grand Fantasia Gaia Ch1: Masculine -- Eden Eternal Emerald Ch7 Player: Gourmet

Kalashnikovaa

Rank 4
Kalashnikovaa
PostedFeb 22, 2011 9:24 pm
GourmetPrince wrote:

I should be a poet. Cool  

Just no.

GourmetPrince

Rank 0
PostedFeb 22, 2011 9:26 pm
Kalashnikovaa wrote:
GourmetPrince wrote:

I should be a poet. Cool  

Just no.  

You're going to have to be a little bit nicer to me!
No doubt we would make great friends Wink

Grand Fantasia Gaia Ch1: Masculine -- Eden Eternal Emerald Ch7 Player: Gourmet

Livskis

Rank 0
PostedFeb 23, 2011 11:20 am
you can commit mass genocide of karzak wizards, eradicate all the fathers of the honey bear species, and slaughter entire broods of harmless insects, not to mention a big chunk of the game is dedicated to mercilessly beating down your real life opponent in singles or team combat BUT SO HELP ME IF YOU SAY THE F WORD YOU'RE BANNED