Author Message

Chirugai

Rank 4
Chirugai
Joined
11 Nov 2008
Posts
2169
Location
United States
PostedAug 30, 2010 12:35 pm
BlueDude50 wrote:
lmao this makes me laugh, i imagine guild chats are mostly abusing, and the guilds GS aren't in are basicly safe, so this doesn't do much  


This applies to every player. For example, if someone in your guild is using inappropriate language, feel free to take a screenshot and submit a report via Contact Us. Just because a GS or GM is not there to see it, does not mean actions won't be taken when a player submits a report.


Advertisement

LoveLovey

Rank 4
LoveLovey
Joined
07 Feb 2010
Posts
2340
Location
The Love Shack United States
PostedAug 30, 2010 2:02 pm
Economist_X wrote:
LoveLovey wrote:
This doesn't mean that guilds are a free for all, however I believe they're held at a different standard.. at least that's how I look at it.  


wat

You're right, it's specifically for public chats. But guild chat and party are both private channels. One has the choice to be within them. The ToS as far as language is concerned doesn't apply.

Harassment/threats and all of that is an entirely different matter however, but doesn't really apply at all.  
...
That's exactly what I was saying. Thanks for reinforcing it though. =P

Edit: Let me clarify -
I was explaining to BlueDude that this topic was aimed at public chats. However, that doesn't mean that reports that have to do with whispers/guild/party aren't accepted. Regardless of the chat the language was used in, it's still up to the GMs discretion as whether or not it's punishable.

mava3699

Rank 0
mava3699
Joined
20 Nov 2009
Posts
69
Location
Chilliwack, British Columbia Canada
PostedAug 30, 2010 9:16 pm

Re: Explanation of using inappropriate language / filter dodging

GM_Cara wrote:
A large amount of the RTs we get are about players who are using inappropriate language. Because of this we would like to clarify what the rules are so players can be better informed so they know what NOT to do.

Fair Play Rules

You may not use any language that is offensive, of racist nature, obscene or otherwise inappropriate. This includes, but is not limited to, all manners of swearing, threats, blackmail, discussion of recreational drugs, sexually explicit language and racism or anything prejudice. As offensive language can interpreted in many forms, it will be the mandate of Aeria Games & Entertainment to make a determination as to whether or not a 'reasonable person' would feel offended and act accordingly.



So lets break this down.
This language will result in a ban and includes anyone who says these in English or another language. Also note that we do have an in-game filter in place however many words are not filtered. Just because a word is not filtered does NOT make it ok to say.


  • Racist language
  • anything obscene
  • swearing
  • threats
  • blackmail
  • discussing recreational drugs
  • sexual explicit language
  • anything prejudice
  • anything where a 'reasonable person' would feel offended




Ban guidelines for language offenses:

Offensive Language or GM/GS Non-Compliance
Minor Offense: 3 Days
Major Offense: 1 Week
Major/Repeat Offense: Permanent Account Suspension



Things we will NOT ban a player for:
  • Common use acroymns such as wtf, lmao
  • Words such as crap, poop, noob, and other elementary level insults.
 


I know this might be funny, however i find that you might want to put "talking about religion" in there, just because people don't seem to understand that that can offend people just for saying one small thing about it, however i've been seeing more and more of it.

Just thought i'd mention it.

psychodog11

Rank 0
psychodog11
Joined
08 Mar 2008
Posts
25
Location
Pahrump United States
PostedAug 30, 2010 9:53 pm
If we say a bad word and it does get censored like "Oh **** you" can we still get in trouble? D:

P.S. Those are asterisks not the word x.x i was showing example

mava3699

Rank 0
mava3699
Joined
20 Nov 2009
Posts
69
Location
Chilliwack, British Columbia Canada
PostedAug 30, 2010 10:11 pm
psychodog11 wrote:
If we say a bad word and it does get censored like "Oh **** you" can we still get in trouble? D:

P.S. Those are asterisks not the word x.x i was showing example  


this is just me, however i doubt it, due to sometimes when you spell "correct proper words"
the lettering sets off the asterisks so i wouldn't worry unless you meant it in a manner which was inappropriate.
you'd only get banned if someone saw it, or was offended enough to actually submit it.
aka. dont say stuff to upset people, especially in world chat xD

psychodog11

Rank 0
psychodog11
Joined
08 Mar 2008
Posts
25
Location
Pahrump United States
PostedAug 30, 2010 10:23 pm
Lol yeah some thing need to be fixed about the filter -.- I hate having to space out reputation and others things -_-

P.S. @mava3699 EPIC PROFILE PIC Very Happy

Spikerip

Rank 1
Spikerip
Joined
20 Nov 2009
Posts
281
Location
United States
PostedSep 01, 2010 10:34 pm
LoveLovey wrote:
BlueDude50 wrote:
songeurique wrote:
BlueDude50 wrote:
lmao this makes me laugh, i imagine guild chats are mostly abusing, and the guilds GS aren't in are basicly safe, so this doesn't do much  


Well it does do something , it means that idiots who think that filter dodging in world chat makes them some kind of maverick renegade will now be slapped down with some kind of ban for acting like a simpleton .  


no no no no no.... this is mearly an explanation, those rules have been in effect for a whille. This is mearly a public reminder.  
This is mainly for public chats such as General, World, Trade, etc. A chat that anyone can see.
This doesn't mean that guilds are a free for all, however I believe they're held at a different standard.. at least that's how I look at it.  


I hate to say it Lovey but you are right on that i can vouch in my own guild that the standards are a bit relaxed as it maybe in other guilds but i feel that if the guild leader isnt enforcing some kind of order on the filter dodging and it leads to a Gm or GS being involved that does not bode well for the leader of that guild and will look bad on that leader and that guild so Guild leaders beware you are leader for a reason dont let that power go to your head and do try to keep some order and rules in your guild

Chirugai

Rank 4
Chirugai
Joined
11 Nov 2008
Posts
2169
Location
United States
PostedSep 02, 2010 10:53 am
psychodog11 wrote:
If we say a bad word and it does get censored like "Oh **** you" can we still get in trouble? D:

P.S. Those are asterisks not the word x.x i was showing example  


I doubt it, but the best insurance for not getting an account suspension for profanity is not to use any at all. <i>Imo</i>, a lapse in judgment happens and you'll realise you've said something the filter doesn't like once in a blue moon = no big deal. However, if someone's got a string of things starred out, they are intentionally filter dodging, or they are aiming the swears with intent to insult someone -- then it's trouble.


Kaoshima

Rank 0
Kaoshima
Joined
04 May 2009
Posts
59
Location
United States
PostedSep 04, 2010 9:23 pm
Spikerip wrote:
LoveLovey wrote:
BlueDude50 wrote:
songeurique wrote:
BlueDude50 wrote:
lmao this makes me laugh, i imagine guild chats are mostly abusing, and the guilds GS aren't in are basicly safe, so this doesn't do much  


Well it does do something , it means that idiots who think that filter dodging in world chat makes them some kind of maverick renegade will now be slapped down with some kind of ban for acting like a simpleton .  


no no no no no.... this is mearly an explanation, those rules have been in effect for a whille. This is mearly a public reminder.  
This is mainly for public chats such as General, World, Trade, etc. A chat that anyone can see.
This doesn't mean that guilds are a free for all, however I believe they're held at a different standard.. at least that's how I look at it.  


I hate to say it Lovey but you are right on that i can vouch in my own guild that the standards are a bit relaxed as it maybe in other guilds but i feel that if the guild leader isnt enforcing some kind of order on the filter dodging and it leads to a Gm or GS being involved that does not bode well for the leader of that guild and will look bad on that leader and that guild so Guild leaders beware you are leader for a reason dont let that power go to your head and do try to keep some order and rules in your guild  


Or y'know, you can make sure that if the standards are relaxed in your guild, you don't have any members that will get their panties in a bunch about it.

mikewitt1

Rank 0
mikewitt1
Joined
28 Feb 2010
Posts
9
Location
United States
PostedSep 08, 2010 1:50 am

ok noob question what is this filter dodging?

I have been gone for a bit and I have an idea but I want to make sure. is it like when some one wrights like H3LL and not the full word out like it is spelled? im just wondering because I was trying to talk to my guild leader and could not wright in the juice type I was drinking because grape was in the name minus the "G". See I told you it was a noob question. Embarassed
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: