GM_Cara

GameMaster: USA
GM_Cara
PostedAug 29, 2010 4:38 pm   Last edited by GM_Cara on Aug 30, 2010 2:09 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Explanation of using inappropriate language / filter dodging

A large amount of the RTs we get are about players who are using inappropriate language. Because of this we would like to clarify what the rules are so players can be better informed so they know what NOT to do.

Fair Play Rules

You may not use any language that is offensive, of racist nature, obscene or otherwise inappropriate. This includes, but is not limited to, all manners of swearing, threats, blackmail, discussion of recreational drugs, sexually explicit language and racism or anything prejudice. As offensive language can interpreted in many forms, it will be the mandate of Aeria Games & Entertainment to make a determination as to whether or not a 'reasonable person' would feel offended and act accordingly.

So lets break this down.
This language will result in a ban and includes anyone who says these in English or another language. Also note that we do have an in-game filter in place however many words are not filtered. Just because a word is not filtered does NOT make it ok to say.

• Racist language
  • anything obscene
  • swearing
  • threats
  • blackmail
  • discussing recreational drugs
  • sexual explicit language
  • anything prejudice
  • anything where a 'reasonable person' would feel offended

Ban guidelines for language offenses:

Offensive Language or GM/GS Non-Compliance
Minor Offense: 3 Days
Major Offense: 1 Week
Major/Repeat Offense: Permanent Account Suspension

Things we will NOT ban a player for:
  • Common use acroymns such as wtf, lmao
  • Words such as crap, poop, noob, and other elementary level insults.
Advertisement

Rakusen

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
Rakusen
PostedAug 29, 2010 4:44 pm
Finally a way to keep people from bypassing the censor.

Contact Us~Don't be afraid to ask for help~Terms of Service~

babygoddess2

Rank 2
babygoddess2
PostedAug 29, 2010 5:01 pm
Rakusen wrote:
Finally a way to keep people from bypassing the censor.  

Well an attempt at it anyway. People still will dodge it, and they will still be reported & dealt with. Cest la vie

Uhm, Hi y'all :)

BlueDude50

Rank 5
BlueDude50
PostedAug 29, 2010 5:53 pm
lmao this makes me laugh, i imagine guild chats are mostly abusing, and the guilds GS aren't in are basicly safe, so this doesn't do much

songeurique

Rank 3
songeurique
PostedAug 29, 2010 6:16 pm
BlueDude50 wrote:
lmao this makes me laugh, i imagine guild chats are mostly abusing, and the guilds GS aren't in are basicly safe, so this doesn't do much  

Well it does do something , it means that idiots who think that filter dodging in world chat makes them some kind of maverick renegade will now be slapped down with some kind of ban for acting like a simpleton .

When I am king, you will be first against the wall, With your opinion which is of no consequence at all.~ Paranoid Android ... Radiohead.

BlueDude50

Rank 5
BlueDude50
PostedAug 29, 2010 6:20 pm
songeurique wrote:
BlueDude50 wrote:

Well it does do something , it means that idiots who think that filter dodging in world chat makes them some kind of maverick renegade will now be slapped down with some kind of ban for acting like a simpleton .  

no no no no no.... this is mearly an explanation, those rules have been in effect for a whille. This is mearly a public reminder.

LoveLovey

Rank 4
LoveLovey
PostedAug 29, 2010 7:46 pm
BlueDude50 wrote:
songeurique wrote:
BlueDude50 wrote:

no no no no no.... this is mearly an explanation, those rules have been in effect for a whille. This is mearly a public reminder.  
This is mainly for public chats such as General, World, Trade, etc. A chat that anyone can see.
This doesn't mean that guilds are a free for all, however I believe they're held at a different standard.. at least that's how I look at it.

[ Aquamarine - Tranquillus - Deity ]

Respect existence or expect resistance.

Economist_X

GameSage: Aura Kingdom
Economist_X
PostedAug 29, 2010 8:05 pm
LoveLovey wrote:
This doesn't mean that guilds are a free for all, however I believe they're held at a different standard.. at least that's how I look at it.  

wat

You're right, it's specifically for public chats. But guild chat and party are both private channels. One has the choice to be within them. The ToS as far as language is concerned doesn't apply.

Harassment/threats and all of that is an entirely different matter however, but doesn't really apply at all.

On another note;

GM_Cara wrote:

And yet the combination of the two words "face" and "poop" in a specific order will get enforced upon.
How wonderful.

babygoddess2

Rank 2
babygoddess2
PostedAug 29, 2010 9:01 pm
Economist_X wrote:
GM_Cara wrote:

And yet the combination of the two words "face" and "poop" in a specific order will get enforced upon.
How wonderful.  

you can't say poopface?

Uhm, Hi y'all :)

Cervios

Rank 4
Cervios
PostedAug 29, 2010 11:50 pm
babygoddess2 wrote:
Economist_X wrote:
GM_Cara wrote:

How wonderful.  

you can't say poopface?  

-sigh- no noob, you can't say facepoop. Get it right.

<br> All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream...