DarkCornor

Rank 0
DarkCornor
PostedAug 24, 2010 9:57 am

How the Auction House works

a nice guide for new players :)
This is my very first guide / topic, so please don't expect the most awesome guide in the world. Very Happy

Auction House Guide

1 - This is where you can search on any item that is in the Auction House. To limit the search for your faction only, type of item or lvl, use the buttens on the left. If you can't find what you are searching on, check if you spelled it right. Some words might have hidden big/small letters.

2 - Click this butten to add the marked item to your interest list.

3 - if you click "Buy Now", you will buy the item at the price you see in the bottom he item you bought can be found in "Ended Auctions". I will explain more about that further in guide.

4 - unlike the "Buy Now" feature, you do not get the item instantly. You will have to wait till the timer reaches 0. The price of bidding will always be cheaper, than if you buy it instantly. But if someone bids more than you, you will not get the item at end of time. If someone bids higher you will get your gold back in "Ended Auctions".

5 - Simply shows how much gold you got.

6 - This is where you can choose what kind of item, you looking for. This is very usefull if you are looking for an exact weapon, armor etc.

1 - This is where all the items you sell end up. To put something for sale, simply click Setup Auction. You can also cancel an item, by clicking the butten right next to it. If someone has bid on one of your items, this is where you can see it too.

2 - Here you can see the items you are bidding on, and how long time is left.

1 - This is where you can get all items you bought, or could'nt sell. Example if you put something for sale for 3 days. Then after 3 days this is where the item ends up, if it didn't get sold.

2 - My personal favorite place, where i collect my money. If one of your items get sold, this is where you can collect your gold. This is also where the gold appear if someone bids more thanyou on something. You get 100% of your gold back from failed bids, but only about 95% from sold items.

1 - Here is a list of all items you found interesting. It's usefull for gathering only the cheapest / best items, and makes it easyer for you to choose what to buy. To buy, or bid on an item in your list, double click on the item.

Please give me feedback on what i could do to make guide better Smile

*Few hints/tricks in Auction House*

You can double click an item to see what lapis is on.
Selling something for example 1.999.999 gold, instead of 2.000.000 makes item look cheaper Smile
You can search on something in middle of word, if you don't have room for whole item name. Example: Craft Lapis Lv1 can be typed in as: aft Lapis Lv1
Advertisement

georgefa1

Rank 0
PostedAug 24, 2010 10:39 am
Search item is almost the most usefull button XD why? Cause if u wanna find fortune lv5 u can't type the full name which is Fortune Lapis LV5 and usually u find 1 fortune for example 300 mil and the rest is dual fortunes so what u do is click on the single fortune lv5 then click search item and it will search for fortunes lv5 ONLY! So there you go and you have all the fortunes lv5 for more reasonable prices .It is a good way to avoid ppl who think they can take advantage of duals covering lv5 prices and they overprice.Fortune lv5 was just a simple example.

PS:Can't beilive u said useless ._.

DarkCornor

Rank 0
DarkCornor
PostedAug 24, 2010 10:44 am   Last edited by DarkCornor on Sep 01, 2010 11:54 am. Edited 3 times in total
georgefa1 wrote:
Search item is almost the most usefull button XD why? Cause if u wanna find fortune lv5 u can't type the full name which is Fortune Lapis LV5 and usually u find 1 fortune for example 300 mil and the rest is dual fortunes so what u do is click on the single fortune lv5 then click search item and it will search for fortunes lv5 ONLY! So there you go and you have all the fortunes lv5 for more reasonable prices .It is a good way to avoid ppl who think they can take advantage of duals covering lv5 prices and they overprice.Fortune lv5 was just a simple example.

ooh, thought it did the same as the search butten next to search bar, didn't notice, will fix that later Smile

hybridchic

Rank 3
hybridchic
PostedAug 24, 2010 10:50 am
georgefa1 wrote:

All Dual Lapis show up in the Auction House as Dual Name Lapis Lv#
All non dual/accessory lapis that vary in level show up as Name Lapis LV#
The auction House is case sensitive.

Just an alternative to the method you've been using previously.

So if I wanted to search for a Fortune Lapis Level 6
I would type tune Lapis LV6

Or I could type Fortune Lapis, browse through the selection of Fortune Lapises being sold and hope AH is not flooded with a lot of Fortune Lapis Level 2s.

If I wanted to buy a Dual Fortune Lapis, I would type tune Lapis Lv2 and only Dual Lapis Level 2's would show up.

Alternately I could type in the word Fortune, select Upper Grade in the Drop Down Menu. And any Upper Grade fortune Lapis would appear. Upper Grade Lapis are Dual Fortune lapis of any level and level 5 Fortune Lapis.

Just an alternative to the method you've been using previously.

sfossil

Rank 4
sfossil
PostedAug 24, 2010 12:08 pm
Although I was sure all to know I learned something new with this guide while trying to fgure out how the "useless button" works. Very Happy To my surprise it does the single item search. Very nice, I never paid attention to this button. lol.

rambisco

Rank 0
PostedAug 29, 2010 4:31 pm
What city is the auction house in? Confused

Where can you find it?

DarkCornor

Rank 0
DarkCornor
PostedAug 29, 2010 4:43 pm
rambisco wrote:
What city is the auction house in? Confused

Where can you find it?  

its in a place called Bootlegery. you can get there by using the gatekeeper in Iris / Apelune. there you can also buy a rune that teleports you to that place Smile

i should add it to the guide thx Smile

n3cr0m33p5

Rank 4
n3cr0m33p5
PostedAug 30, 2010 2:20 am
Note of caution when using the "Search Item" button to single out a specific weapon.

It will NOT return all listings of that particular weapon, only those whose "base" stats match the originally selected item. If you were searching for a Dread Night Lord and picked the first Dread one that came up from a General Search for "Night Lord" (let's say base was STR +8 / DEX +16), and then clicked "Search Item", all of the displayed Night Lords will have the same base stats as the originally selected Night Lord (i.e. STR +8 / DEX +16). Linked Lapis does not affect this.

This was tested and confirmed when the AH first came out and linked Lapis had no effect on the search results. This isn't as much of an issue with armors as they are all the same up to the L58 set where some randomness is used.

digitalgraffiti

Rank 0
digitalgraffiti
PostedSep 21, 2010 9:18 am
sorry if this is a bit of a necro

but

I just bid on something, with 20-odd minutes left
and I sat,
and I waited,
and I stared at the screen,
until the timer hit 0 min to make sure I won the auction.
and I did win (woot for me!) Now the timer in the Auction Progress tab says 0, and the timer in the Interest List tab says 0, and the timer in the little hover info window tab says 0, BUT in the Search Items tab, the timer has run itself back up to an hour, and is counting down again!!

QQ! lol, I just want my shiny new mount.. why is it doing this? WHY DON'T YOU LOVE ME AUCTION BOARD!

Is it to give the seller a chance to withdraw the item?
Or to give other people a chance to outbid me?
Or does it just genuinely hate me?

Im doubting this will get answered before the timer runs out.. im back to staring at the screen>_< (im actually multi tasking.. im not that sad)

esamgha

Rank 1
PostedSep 21, 2010 9:49 am
digitalgraffiti wrote:

Is it to give the seller a chance to withdraw the item?
Or to give other people a chance to outbid me?
Or does it just genuinely hate me?

The simple answer in life is that the universe hate you. That would explain a lot, wouldn't it?

However, in this case, it's just that another player bid on the item during the final hour of auction, which then adds another hour to the auction's end time. Try it for yourself sometime: bid on an item that has less than 1 day left, you'll see that the AH adds one more hour to the end time.

The good news is, the universe may in fact have nothing to do with your frequent misfortunes, yea for u!