THIS EVENT IS NOW CLOSED! THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED!
Aeria Games wants to, as the Japanese say, “widen its face” and Facebook is one of the best places to do just that! In other words, we want to increase our presence on Facebook to get even more people to join our awesome multinational community of players and we need your help!
Friday, August 27, 2010
Sunday September 5, 2010
First things first:
This is a Facebook promotion and likewise if you wish to participate, we kindly ask that you have an active Facebook account and “like” our Aeria Games Facebook Fan Page
and send a friend request to our portal page
*We also have a “Favorite Pages” box on the bottom-left side of our Facebook page. If one of your games is listed there, why not visit it and throw it a “Like” while you’re at it?
**In order to prevent people from simply making a new Facebook account just for this event, we require that you have at least 10 Facebook friends
in order to participate (Hint: If you're short, spend some time before the event starts to get some friends!)
How can I Spread Aeria Games on Facebook?
We have prepared 3 images that we want you to use as your Facebook profile picture. You must choose 1 of the 3
to use. The images can be found here:
Pic 1: http://img192.imageshack.us/i/fbpic1.jpg/
Pic 2: http://img828.imageshack.us/i/fbpic2.jpg/
Pic 3: http://img682.imageshack.us/i/fbpic3.jpg/
*In order to use these images, you must right-click and click "save image as" which will then prompt you to choose a location on your computer to download the images, which you can then upload to Facebook.
You must keep your new profile picture up on your Facebook account for the duration of the event, which is Friday, August 27, 2010 until midnight on Sunday, September 5, 2010. (When the event ends, you can change back to your old picture or keep it as it is.)
After “Like”-ing our Facebook Fan Page and uploading one of the 3 specially prepared profile images, please copy and paste the URL
of your own Facebook page into a reply post
to this topic. This will be your submission.
During the event, our Spread Aeria Team staff will visit your Facebook account to verify if you have one of our 3 images set as your profile picture.
Not only does this show you enthusiasm for being an Aeria Games member, but we hope that your friends and anyone visiting your Facebook account page will take notice of your profile picture and also become interested in Aeria Games. If anyone should ask, then you can tell them about Aeria Games and our website!
What do you get for participation?
All participants whose Facebook accounts satisfy the conditions above will receive a prize of 200 free AP! You may only qualify and receive 200 AP once!
Awards will be paid within 1-2 weeks upon event completion. If you are not awarded after this period, that means you did not qualify.
** UPDATE **
So far we have a great turnout and the event has not even started yet! W scouted ahaed and checked some submissions to get a feel for common mistakes and any advice we can give to help you get your AP and helps us get things done sooner!
** UPDATE **
- The most common mistake was not having the number of friends visible to the public, which prevents us from checking whether you have the ten friends minimum to qualify for your AP! Please make sure your Facebook account lets people see how many friends you have (not just "mutual friends"). Requesting to be Aeria's friend on Facebook should remedy this and we can revisit your Facebook account to verify. Those that are awaiting friend confirmation from our side, please rest assured we will accept!
- Another common mistake is linking from this forum to your Facebook account, namely to your Facebook photo album. Such links were dead and would be counted as no good. Plz just link to your main profile page! We don't need to check your photo album to determine if you are using the profile pic or not, as it is after all, your profile pic!
- When linking to your Facebook page, it would help us a lot if you do it all in one click-able line of text! Not a requirement, but it makes verification and therefore awarding people MUCH faster!
- Also, when posting here, please refrain from chatting as it will slow down our verification process.
- This event ends Sunday September 5, 2010 at midnight. Apologies for the confusion.
- We have reached our Maximum number of Facebook Friends (5,000)! While it was not a requirement for participation in this event, we still need to be able to see how many friends you have on your own Facebook page and you needn't be a Facebook Friend in order to show this. Please adjust your Facebook account settings appropriately and if it bothers you, you can always switch back after the event ends!
More updates as needed.