78SnowAngel

Rank 0
78SnowAngel
PostedAug 23, 2010 4:30 pm
ermmm sounds fun...but darn us Alliance in gaia are gonna get pwned...darn have to carry conti and PIDs there to...

LOL.....looking for suga daddy to support my smexy priest with conti.pm Snowylove in game hehe....lol and also i need to hit 60 before wednesday which is not gonna happen..grrrrr...
Advertisement

Althamus

Rank 5
Althamus
PostedAug 23, 2010 4:40 pm
pchanx wrote:
A bit worried. Sounds disturbingly like " largest faction is gonna own everything and smaller faction is gonna log right away". But im gonna think positively and those relics are hopefully very hard to take down so at least the smaller faction get a month to see the new stuff before they get overrun. Think positive, Think positive.  

Ditto. Up until now, it's been possible (even if impractical) to lvl to 60 without entering a PvP zone. I quite liked that, and that there was something you could do if you had a couple of weeks before you could buy your PID.

Now, the things you can do without a PID at L58+ are limited to:
OI.
Maybe farm L5 lapis at Stigma.
That's about it.

For the next month, until reasonable numbers of people hit 70 (which'll start happening like 10 days after the update hits) the maps will be fairly safe, but I reckon after that there will be raids running around the final maps, in a similar way to the raids running around DD clearing grinders =/

El_Uno

Rank 0
El_Uno
PostedAug 23, 2010 4:48 pm
yes yes yes

this sounds very interesting. Very.

but

has anyone thought about the still not-addressed HUGE faction imbalance that u still charge 15k AP and no gear transfer per 1 person to transfer...as the ONLY balancing factor? I fear for the life of Etain if the fight fot the grind spots will be 4 Alliance raids vs 1½ Fury raids...which is basically an image of the cs balance and the reason why lights get 95% of the ele2s and thus already have a huge pvp advantage - apart from the numbers. Thank god most lights are plvld nubs spouted out of the Pando bot trains that can't play proper if their life depended on it. Their 60 skills still work tho. Numbers still matter. a LOT.

HubartTheMad, Nublord of Etain

magicalshorts

Rank 2
magicalshorts
PostedAug 23, 2010 4:53 pm
This invasion system is a bit worrisome, but I guess I'll wait to see how things play out before worrying about it too much. After reading about the invasion system, the one thing I'm not liking for sure though is the map setup.

There is a single straight path for light and fury to the main relic. So discounting tele points and summons, once you're outnumbered and trapped, you're in trouble. In dwater, you could always take a back way out to avoid campers and go take relics or whatever. In these map, it doesn't seem that option exists. Which could be a problem. But we'll see.

El_Uno

Rank 0
El_Uno
PostedAug 23, 2010 5:13 pm
cool explanation and great hearing from ya, hope yer alright

MyStIcElves

Rank 4
PostedAug 23, 2010 5:55 pm
Just 1 question Smile Will there be an area in Palaion where if the other faction invades you can hide behind guards or if you have to go afk you can go there? Or is it strictly full pvp map no guards no exceptions? NPC killing legal etc? Could use more clarification XD

It is not God people fear; the people's fear is God.

JamesGodden

Rank 5.1
JamesGodden
PostedAug 23, 2010 6:39 pm
MyStIcElves wrote:
Just 1 question Smile Will there be an area in Palaion where if the other faction invades you can hide behind guards or if you have to go afk you can go there? Or is it strictly full pvp map no guards no exceptions? NPC killing legal etc? Could use more clarification XD  

I bet 1hour's uber grinding there is at least 3 guards on the map!

Rexaren

Rank 0
Rexaren
PostedAug 23, 2010 7:02 pm
Looks like some people are going to get butthurt -.-'

Illyria_WilloW

Rank 3
Illyria_WilloW
PostedAug 23, 2010 7:30 pm
Well If its stated that the new pvp map is 66-70, does that mean that only L66+ can enter Canos Illum? Which would mean first few weeks of grinding in the new map will be safe for both factions without having to worry of being invaded.

thx to likedemapples <3

Valkeller

Rank 0
Valkeller
PostedAug 23, 2010 7:38 pm
One word: Awesome