HolySylent

Rank 4
HolySylent
PostedAug 20, 2010 8:32 pm

Smart Wolf Tips n' Tricks

Furry Green Ninja Boy

The Smart Wolf
Furry Little Ninja

I created this guide 'cause I love smart wolf. In my honest opinion it is hands down the best wolf mutation in WolfTeam in any given situation, ever. Don't argue. However, it does take skill to master. Fortunately, this guide can help you.

Statistics, Stolen Of Course
These are the stats from the in-game wolf selection menu.
Power/Damage: 1/5
Energy/HP: 1/5 to 3/5
Roar: 0/5
Speed 2/5

Statistics, The Real Ones
These are my personal belief of the stats, plus a bit more information.
Power/Damage: 1/5
Energy/HP: 1/5 to 3/5
Roar: 0/5
Speed 3/5
Defense: 1/5
Size: 1/5
Awesometude: 5/5

The speed in game is infact listed as only 2/5, but we all know Smart is as fast as Ghost, which is listed as 3/5. So I adjusted accordingly. I also added a size stat because it is relevant.

Description, Feel It Up
Smart wolf is a short, tiny little green wolf with sharp claws and an armored back. Unfortunately the armor is simply cosmetic and does not reduce back shot damage. The smart wolf does have fur, you can see it on the sides of his tiny pants, his neck, and his two-toed feet. The smart wolf pretty much always has his knees bent at an 80 degree angle or less for some odd reason, and loves long walks on the beach. He also loves corpses. A lot.

Description, The Useful One
The smart wolf is tiny. As common sense tells us, smaller targets are harder to hit. The smart wolf is also fast, which makes it even harder to hit. The smart wolf also has the useful ability to stick to walls, which can be done by first initiating a wall run by jumping into a wall at an angle, and then holding the Left Mouse button along with the run key. This can be useful for laying ambushes and the like.

Or you know, running along the wall over the ocean in Rose, then stopping while your Power Wolf team member is right behind you, causing him to run into you and fall into the ocean. Whichever works for you. The smart wolf also costs a minimal amount of WP, allowing you to use him over and over again. Oh yeah, it also can't roar. Bummer.

Weapon of Choice, How You Kill Things
The Smart wolf has two offensive animations: Left Click and Right Click.

Left click

Left Click is very weak, however it is quick and performs two swings per click allowing for a rapid barrage of attacks. But, like I said it is very weak and generally not useful in combat except after performing a right click to finish off a wounded foe. Please, please, please, do not be that noob that only uses left click. You will be killed VERY quickly.

Right click

Right click is the smart wolf's strongest attack, and is actually 4 swings in one click. To perform this attack, you must be airborne. Falling or jumping, it doesn't matter. Just right click, and the smart wolf will flip through the air and rip his foes open, dealing what should be instantanious death. While you're doing this, you can also very easily turn in the air, which is great for combating pesky users that try to run under you.

Superpowers, He Haz Them!
Like all Second Mutation Wolves, the smart wolf has a unique ability. The smart wolf can drain health. With every hit, the smart wolf drains about 20-30 HP from enemies into its reserve HP. What is reserve HP you ask? Well instead of healing your base 160 HP, it goes into that +99 HP area. Reserve HP drains over time, and reserve HP is always damaged before the base HP. Reserve HP can also be empty while you're alive. The Base HP must be gone for you to die, not the reserve. The smart wolf initially starts the match with +99 reserve HP, but can gather up to a maximum of +299 reserve HP! This means you can be hit for 299 damage, and gain your HP back in under a few seconds.

Better yet, you can also drain HP from dead bodies. Yup, that's right. Hitting corpses can gain you an infinite source of reserve HP during the match. Provided you aren't in a mode where bodies dissapear such as Wolf Conquest. This ability is what makes a smart wolf so hard to kill, and probably why it only gets 160 Base HP.

Ninja-Tastic, How to Strike
Because smart wolf starts out with so little HP, it's best not to rush to somebody from a distance. If you must close in, jump and wall run as much as possible to avoid incoming bullets. When you're close enough to strike, jump into the air and right click, slamming into your enemy. Be careful at the end of the right click, there is a delay after the attack is finished, which gives enemies an opporunity to kill you. However, if your opponent still lives, hit him quickly with a left click, then jump with another right click. If he's still alive, then it's probably a guardian you're fighting.

After you've killed your first foe, quickly hit his corpse, alternating between left and right clicks to fill your reserve HP. Then head out for another kill. If you can, rush into a group of enemies. For some reason, smart wolves scare the living crap out of people, and their aim dies. Also, because it's a crowd, it acts as a giant HP-drain factory. Just attack as much as possible to keep your HP up and finish the crowd. If you do manage to take out that group of 7 humans in the Scent tunnels in Ds2 when you're the last remaining party member and your HP is only 82 +50 then congratulations, you're pro.

Hopefully you read the entire guide instead of skimming it over for the part you needed. Glorification, praise, and constructive criticism are welcome.

<br>BFBC2 - SylentGhost</br> <br>Rift - Sylvus/Katsuro</br> <br>CoD BO - HolySylent </br> <br>Steam - HolySylent</br> <br>WolfTeam - Insurrezione</br>
Advertisement

raffymiro

Rank 2
raffymiro
PostedAug 25, 2010 12:29 pm
wow request sticky !!! why no one didnt replied !

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Virtus90

Rank 4
Virtus90
PostedSep 01, 2010 9:46 am
The only thing I don't like about the Smart Wolf is how weak the attacks are. Most people are either juiced up with tattoos and armor, which reduces your attack relevance. It's been my experience that when you close the distance with a human, that extra hp goes quickly, even more so when you're fighting a group.

I think the best thing you could do to make this wolf nearly perfect is to get a claw upgrade. Maybe that's why you love it so much (since you already have one).

Other than that though, it performs rather well. You gotta love the ability to camp in odd places with it. Like you said, it often provides a nasty little surprise for people. It also doesn't seem to make much noise, which is great for sneak attacks.

<a>Photobucket</a>

happyface104

Rank 5
happyface104
PostedSep 01, 2010 10:38 am
Smart wolf=pwnt in Wolf war.

Got evidence? Got the urge to report? Go here at Contact Us

Virtus90

Rank 4
Virtus90
PostedSep 01, 2010 11:26 am
happyface104 wrote:
Smart Wolf= useful for flanking in Wolf War. Easily bypasses Guards. Make good bait/distraction. Speak caveman.

<a>Photobucket</a>

HolySylent

Rank 4
HolySylent
PostedOct 10, 2010 11:17 am
Virtus90 wrote:
happyface104 wrote:
Smart Wolf= useful for flanking in Wolf War. Easily bypasses Guards. Make good bait/distraction. Speak caveman.  
Yeah he right. o.O

<br>BFBC2 - SylentGhost</br> <br>Rift - Sylvus/Katsuro</br> <br>CoD BO - HolySylent </br> <br>Steam - HolySylent</br> <br>WolfTeam - Insurrezione</br>

tifred123

Rank 0
tifred123
PostedApr 15, 2013 2:12 pm
Nice.

spiralkings

Rank 3
spiralkings
PostedApr 15, 2013 2:25 pm
tifred123 wrote:
Nice.  

That epic grave dig is epic!

What happened to wolfteam? every one was the fun jerk kind, Now you're all nice freaks. Go away. No one talk to me you guys disappointed me big time in my 3 days return

alngelika38.

Rank 0
PostedJan 31, 2014 11:21 am
voglio dei trucchi wolteam

xHiqH.

Rank 4
xHiqH.
PostedJan 31, 2014 2:13 pm
alngelika38. wrote:
voglio dei trucchi wolteam  

wow no i can't wow