50%2
Total Votes :: 4

GMtactics

Rank 3
GMtactics
PostedAug 13, 2010 1:29 pm

Faction swapping for Items

TALK ABOUT PROS AND CONS I'M NOT ACTUALLY DOING IT
Let's have a discussion about faction-swapping for items here. What are the pros and cons, both from an economic standpoint and a community standpoint?

Argue!
Advertisement

ESWBitto

Rank 4
ESWBitto
PostedAug 13, 2010 1:58 pm
Well....

Not sure if I should say or not because firstly I would never do it. I have way to many friends on my side that I'd miss.

Ok you pulled my arm....

If your going to change factions. I'd wanna do it completely setup the same way as what my account looks like now. The level mode unlocked....current levels of toons. Gear and all that stuff.

People have spent a lot of money already on the gear that they have. Facing a chance of not getting the same thing on the other faction would be more of a discouragement. If there was a guarantee that I'd keep the equivalent of my gear intact. Hard yeah I'd pay 150 bucks. It would give people the opportunity to maybe get further in the game then they are with the over crowding.

Hope this helps tictac.

Iskeirka

Rank 2
Iskeirka
PostedAug 14, 2010 8:53 am
PROS:
- Ele IIs and other "uber" gear moving to the more disadvantaged faction
- Not having to spend time and money remaking all that gear
- More widely available gear of the opposite faction
- Happy people
- Possibility of prices going down a little on "rarer" gear as it becomes the other factions equivalent

CONS:
- Prices possibly going down (a con to sellers, at least)
- Less readily available gear for the other faction
- Prices might go a bit screwy for a while

Honestly, if I were moving factions and could change the gear over as well, I'd be a very happy player.

Althamus

Rank 5
Althamus
PostedAug 14, 2010 10:49 am
Iskeirka wrote:
PROS:
- Happy people
- Possibility of prices going down a little on "rarer" gear as it becomes the other factions equivalent
- People far more likely to use FC scrolls

CONS:
- Far more people wanting to faction change (if tictacs got 100 FCs/week, wanting item changes too, he'd be unhappeh)
- Takes far more time for GMs (I presume)
- FC changes all chars, so 5 sets of armour to swap over.
- How much armour do you change? People quite often have multiple weapons and armour containing several different elements.
- People who ahve already FC'd will rage
- Will items retain all it's orange stats, lapising, enchantment etc?

Added mine to hers.

Iskeirka

Rank 2
Iskeirka
PostedAug 14, 2010 10:59 am
Althamus wrote:
Iskeirka wrote:
PROS:
- Happy people
- People far more likely to use FC scrolls
- If there was a certain number of items set that you could change (say everything equipped and a few other things) it would save more time than changing everything, and the players would still get their items swapped over

CONS:
- Far more people wanting to faction change (if tictacs got 100 FCs/week, wanting item changes too, he'd be unhappeh)
- Takes far more time for GMs (I presume)
- FC changes all chars, so 5 sets of armour to swap over.
- How much armour do you change? People quite often have multiple weapons and armour containing several different elements.
- People who ahve already FC'd will rage
- Will items retain all it's orange stats, lapising, enchantment etc?
- If only equipped stuff is changed, people will rage
- If there's a limit to the number of items changed, people will rage (seeing a pattern here?)

Added mine to hers.  

Added a few more things. Some nice points there, Althamus ^^

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
PostedAug 15, 2010 5:58 pm
personally i think the only reason you havent had ore sales is because peoples gear isnt converted. i can tell you now, if my Gear could be converted to fury gear, i would probably join them, i personally have spent hundreds of $$$ on my gear and simply cannot let it go.

Pros and Cons have already been said, just thought id throw in my 2 pence Wink

Opaic

Rank 1
Opaic
PostedAug 15, 2010 7:08 pm
I like NOT having it for this reason:

Con: u gotta spend ur cash on more lapis for new gears
Pro: I farm lapis so u buy from me and I make gold (not that I'm greedy or I would farm all the time but having some spare gold is nice)

sweet and simple

please dont over-examine my post and turn it into an issue....im really only joking.....seriously....

retired

kikix12

Rank 5
kikix12
PostedAug 16, 2010 4:31 am
Quite honestly, I don't think that GMtactics meant adding item change into the faction change...

Rather it seems to me as a separate thingie that anyone could buy to change an item from one faction to the other.

Aside from few points mentioned before which I won't bother repeating...

Pros:
  • The problem of wrong faction drop will get fixed (assuming its a separate change). Depending on the price it may be more interesting than looking for an exchange.
  • All products will be more common on all sides, as supply to meet the demand will be a sum of both factions (assuming its not one-sided).
  • Many items await "change", so Aeria would get a decent amount of clients for that.

Cons:
  • It would mess up the prices, as converted item costs more than non-converted item of the same type.
  • It would add a lot of work for the GM's.
  • It would increase the competition for rare items (as demand is the sum of both factions, assuming that its not one-sided).

If I'll think of more once I rest a bit after travel...I'll add em.

Bacchants

Rank 2
Bacchants
PostedAug 16, 2010 6:27 am
I think people are reluctant to let go of certain uber and one of a kind items [Eg epic orange stat rolls].

Especially if it means that item may end up being used against them in the future. I suppose for sins/rangers their weapons don't need to be changed, which makes it easier for them to swap.

There is also the problem that Alliance goddess is worth a lot more than the Fury equivalent.
But it isn't just between factions, seperate classes cost way more.

So it's easier for a ranger to swap than for a fighter to swap.

However, if the item change was included then it would most likely increase sales.
I know you are planning on keeping the one way factions changes to try and balance things on a server by server basis. But I get the feeling this would have to be limited to stop the reverse issue happening.

Although it would be a nice addition I can imagine this being a massive hassle for GMs to do. Especially if people want 4ele tops and 4 ele weaps converted.
Not to mention people with more than one toon. A lot of people will have 2 60 toons, a 1-15 and a 20-30 toon kitted out.

Perhaps if it is limited to one set of armor, or the equivalent of 8 pieces.
Then you can change the items that you do not want to have to replace.

Also, can you imagine the uber QQ if a GM made a mistake and converted the item to something wrong?

Sowaroc

Rank 4
Sowaroc
PostedAug 19, 2010 9:37 am
Bacchants wrote:

Not to mention people with more than one toon. A lot of people will have 2 60 toons, a 1-15 and a 20-30 toon kitted out.

Perhaps if it is limited to one set of armor, or the equivalent of 8 pieces.
Then you can change the items that you do not want to have to replace.

Also, can you imagine the uber QQ if a GM made a mistake and converted the item to something wrong?  

Its true that alot of people have more than 1 60, but a majority have them on seperate accounts so they'd have to buy 2 faction changes anyways.