Quite honestly, I don't think that GMtactics meant adding item change into the faction change...
Rather it seems to me as a separate thingie that anyone could buy to change an item from one faction to the other.
Aside from few points mentioned before which I won't bother repeating...
- The problem of wrong faction drop will get fixed (assuming its a separate change). Depending on the price it may be more interesting than looking for an exchange.
- All products will be more common on all sides, as supply to meet the demand will be a sum of both factions (assuming its not one-sided).
- Many items await "change", so Aeria would get a decent amount of clients for that.
- It would mess up the prices, as converted item costs more than non-converted item of the same type.
- It would add a lot of work for the GM's.
- It would increase the competition for rare items (as demand is the sum of both factions, assuming that its not one-sided).
If I'll think of more once I rest a bit after travel...I'll add em.