rosexcross

Rank 0
rosexcross
PostedAug 11, 2010 10:21 am

Can't log in...

because I can't type in the username/password box o_O
Well, this is a really weird issue. I'm trying to login to GF on a new computer, but when I get past the launcher and onto the login screen, it won't let me type in the login boxes. When I click in the Username or Password fields, the caret shows up and is blinking like normal, but when I type nothing happens. Clicking the Virtual Keyboard box, the Quit Game button, etc. also do nothing.

I'm running Windows 7 with the launcher and GF both in Compatibility Mode for Windows XP Service Pack 2, and running as administrator. I tried doing a full scan to see if there were missing files or the like but the launcher claims everything is A-OK.
Advertisement

CryingCloud

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
CryingCloud
PostedAug 11, 2010 2:36 pm
Have you tried not running it in compatibility mode?

celestar

Rank 5.1
celestar
PostedAug 11, 2010 2:58 pm
rosexcross,

Let me get back to you on this. I need to find out what font the login console actually uses and what it needs. You can click in it but can't see what you are typing. That tells me there probably a font issue. If you can accurately type your login without seeing and password, does it log you in the game?

Do you know if you have arial fonts installed and are they working ok?

rosexcross

Rank 0
rosexcross
PostedAug 11, 2010 5:54 pm
I tried running without Compatibility Mode first, then put it into Compability Mode when I first encountered this problem. It did not help.

I have Arial fonts installed, they work just fine in all other programs. As far as I can tell, I can't login even when typing my username/password correctly. Clicking the OK button afterward doesn't work, and pressing the Enter key on my keyboard doesn't work either.

Aquamarine ch5 - Athayne (lvl 11)

celestar

Rank 5.1
celestar
PostedAug 12, 2010 7:30 am
Try this, not sure if it will help but on some game the windows 7 desktop composition makes the game all goofy. So right click on the Grandfantasia.exe, go to properites, and then to the compatibility tab, check the box for "disable desktop composition" and you may as well check disable dekstop theme and scaling.

There were others with this same issue before. Not sure if they ever got this fixed. I don't really see a pattern with it yet. 2 of the people had winxp and one with win7. I can only assume its something running on the computer or missing from the computer that is causing this "bug" but I admit I do not know what the common item among all of them all to figure this one out and its harder to determine that since its across multiple os and doesn't happen to any machine I've tried it on.

rosexcross

Rank 0
rosexcross
PostedAug 12, 2010 8:19 am
Okay, I tried these steps.

1. Tried running with only "Disable desktop composition" checked.
2. Tried running with "disable visual themes" and "disable scaling" checked.
3. Tried running with all three of these options checked.

Still no luck Sad Ah well, thanks for the ideas.

celestar

Rank 5.1
celestar
PostedAug 12, 2010 8:48 am
Is the game installed in c:\ or c:\program files? Does putting it into window mode make a difference? You can pick window mode at the launcher -> options -> video -> window mode and choosing a resolution less than your desktop.

rosexcross

Rank 0
rosexcross
PostedAug 12, 2010 8:55 am
It's installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\AeriaGames. As far as I know this shouldn't make a difference in running 32-bit programs, but I'm on 64-bit Windows 7, incidentally.

I've been running in windowed mode up to now, but per your suggestion I tried switching to fullscreen. No luck.

celestar

Rank 5.1
celestar
PostedAug 12, 2010 9:04 am
I figure you were running win7 64bit. Most of the problem with GF on win7 has been with win7 64bit. Hmm, for the sake of completeness, try running dxwebsetup.exe which should install directX9 files into the win7. It won't hurt your directX11 but can help with directX9 games and maybe with GF if directX11 is missing something GF needs. Give it a try.

As for asking where you install the game, there was a mention of not installing 32bit programs in programs file and installing it in just c:\. I don't know if there is any evidence for that but I thought I ask.

rosexcross

Rank 0
rosexcross
PostedAug 12, 2010 9:10 am
Okay, thank you! I don't have time to reinstall the game right now, but later I'll take it off and try reinstalling to C:\. I think I might have DX9 already but reinstalling it surely wouldn't hurt, so I'll go try that.