kikix12

Rank 5
kikix12
PostedAug 04, 2010 10:47 am   Last edited by kikix12 on Aug 04, 2010 10:50 am. Edited 2 times in total

Promotions Guide

Up-to-date since 04.08
Hello.
My name is Krystian. This guide is supposed to explain a bit about the promotions that are constantly used by Aeria games. The mechanics behind them, the means of getting the rewards and few things to keep in mind when participating.

Without further ado.

Small promotions:
Those are promotions that appear on a daily manner in one form or the other. They allow one to maximize their spending potential, getting the most for their AP.

Buy One, Get One Free ("BOGO"):
This promotion is available only through the web item mall, for Shaiya, available here.
How do they work? Simple. Whenever you buy the item with a "promo" tag, you will notice that in addition to what you bought (for normal price -1), you will get a second one for 1AP.

Why the 1AP? Web item mall doesn't allow items to be sold for free. As the free item is seen by the system as being sold, its price must be at least 1AP. Of course, in the end you will get both items for the price of one.

Usually this type of promotion offer second item of the same type, but it may offer a different item (like "Buy one Power Lapisia, get one Defense Lapisia free").

Question 1: If I buy the item in game, will I qualify for the promotion?
Answer 1: No. You must buy the tagged item in the web item mall.

Question 2: If I bought the non-tagged item that was on promotion at the same time, will I qualify?
Answer 2: Once again, no. Only the tagged item will qualify.

Question 3: Can I somehow get the free items if I bought the wrong item (in-game, or untagged) during the promotion?
Answer 3: You can try sending a ticket, explaining the situation, hoping for the best. Its best to add screenshot of your purchase history, to make the process easier and faster for the GM's.

Question 4: When will I get the free item?
Answer 4: Instantly upon buying the promotional item. They will be both sent to your bank. If you are logged in when you make the purchase, be sure to relog, as the items won't appear in your bank list before you do so.

Question 5: Do the free item count towards other promotions, like the tiered?
Answer 5: No. For promotions that care about you spending a specific amount of AP, only the amount you actually spend is counted. These events don't count the items total value, so the free item will not count towards the AP spent.

Question 6: Is there a limit on how many items I can buy getting one for free?
Answer 6: Generally no. If the promotion will be different, it will be usually limited in stock, rather than the amount of purchases per person as well. So you can buy as many as the stock will allow in those cases. For more information, look at the specific promotion thread.

Question 7: What if I buy the tagged item before/after the post says it began/ended?
Answer 7: You get the extra item. These promotions last for as long as the tagged items are available, even if those times are different than the ones the promotion thread suggests.

Sale:
Sale is a general term for all items that are temporarly sold for less AP than their standard price. There are some constant sales (Operators Exclusive being the best example), but there are random sales in which a particular item is sold for less than its average for a limited time.

How does it work? Simple, you buy the item with the tag "Sale" on it from here. Those items will have two prices (one slashed, original, and one next to it that is the price for the sale). There is always information on what % reduction there is.

Sale can also mean an item being temporarly available on the item mall for a standard price, but one that is not usually available to be bought at all.

Question 1: If I buy the item in game, will I qualify for the promotion?
Answer 1: If the item in game have the tag sale, then yes. It does not necessarily have to be the case.

Question 2: If I bought the non-tagged item that was on promotion at the same time, will I qualify?
Answer 2: No. Only the tagged item will qualify. For the sale though, usually there is no non-tagged item of that type available, unless its limited quantity sale.

Question 3: Can I somehow get the free items if I bought the wrong item (in-game, or untagged) during the promotion?
Answer 3: You can try sending a ticket, explaining the situation, hoping for the best. Its best to add screenshot of your purchase history, to make the process easier and faster for the GM's. Once again though, making this mistake is very unlikely.

Question 4: When will I get the AP reduction back?
Answer 4: The item reduction means that you never pay the amount of AP by which the price is lowered. If item costing normally 600AP is on a 50% sale, then you will pay only 300AP for it to begin with.

Question 5: Does that mean that I can buy something whose normal price is too costly for me to buy?
Answer 5: If you can afford the sale price, then you can buy the item even if its normal price is above what you can afford.

Question 6: Does the AP reduced count toward other promotions, like Tiered?
Answer 6: No. For promotions that care about you spending a specific amount of AP, only the amount you actually spend is counted. That means that items that are on sale, costing 300AP instead of their original 600AP (or any other amount, for that matter), will count only as 300AP spent towards those other events.

Question 7: Is there a limit on how many items I can buy for the sale price?
Answer 7: Depends. The constant sales (Operators Exclusive comes to mind) always have a limited quantity. It means that you can buy as many of them as you will be able to before they are sold out. Other sales usually don't have that limit, but they can have for the rarer items.

Question 8: What if I buy the tagged item before/after the post says it began/ended?
Answer 8: You get item for its reduced price. These promotions last for as long as the tagged items are available, even if those times are different than the ones the promotion thread suggests.
Advertisement

kikix12

Rank 5
kikix12
PostedAug 04, 2010 10:48 am   Last edited by kikix12 on Aug 04, 2010 10:48 am. Edited 1 time in total
Big promotions:
Those are promotions that appear less, once or twice a weak or even less. Its possible for these to be at the same time as the smaller promotions. If they are compatible, you can take advantage of both the big and the small promotion at the same time.

Raffle:
Raffle is a different name for a lottery, in which you buy something, getting a chance to win an extra prize by a random drawing.

How does it work? In the raffle thread, there will be an information on what item must be bought. Each such item bought will count as a single ticket to enter the raffle, increasing your chance of winning. This can involve Loot Wheels, in which case each spin will be an entrance into the raffle. Both the items and loot wheels can be found here.

There are almost always two types of winners. Random winners (chosen by random drawing of the tickets) and Top Spenders. Top Spenders are those that bought the most of the mentioned items or did spin the mentioned loot wheel the most (meaning they gathered the most raffle tickets).

Question 1: Does it matter whether I buy the item in game or on the web mall?
Answer 1: Unless the thread says otherwise, it does not matter. As long as you buy the specified item, you get entered into the raffle. Although do note that if you want to participate in other promotions, like the BOGO ones, at the same time, you will need to buy the ones in web item mall.

Question 2: If I bought item shortly before or after the promotion started, will I still qualify?
Answer 2: No. You must buy the item within the time frame given on the thread. To know whether the promotion began/ended already, you can use the world clocks like this or this one. You can also use the shoutbox (which adds a timestamp to each post based on server time).

Question 3: Is there a way I can somehow qualify for buying too soon or too late?
Answer 3: You can try sending a ticket, explaining the situation, hoping for the best. If the time difference is not too large, the ticket may allow you to qualify, but there is no guarantee. Do note though that this is extremally rare exception. It still is your job to make sure that the event is running at the moment you buy the items.

Question 4: When and how will I know whether I won?
Answer 4: The winner will be announced in the original promotion thread. The GM will edit the original post to include the winners. This is generally done within a week after the promotion have ended.

Question 5: Do I have to do anything to get the prize?
Answer 5: Raffles usually give items that are either class specific (gears) or race specific (mounts). This means that you will be asked to send a ticket (usually within two weeks to a month after the winners have been posted) with the account name and the reward you want to get from the given list. If the reward is neither class nor race specific (like lapis), the item will be automatically sent to your bank shortly after the winners are posted.

Question 6: Do the items bought and the reward count toward other promotions?
Answer 6: The rewards does not count toward other promotions, but if the items that must be bought for the ticket are part of a different promotion (are on sale, for example) then you can take advantage of both promotions at the same time.

Question 7: Is there a limit on how many items I can buy to get the tickets?
Answer 7: No. The more you buy, the higher your chances.

Question 8: How long until I get my reward?
Answer 8: The default time the GM's have to distribute the rewards is 10 business days after the winners have been posted (for items that can be used by any class and race) or after the particular person sent a ticket clarifying which of the rewards they want (if there is a choice involved). It usually takes less time though.

Rebate:
Rebate is similar to sale, but unlike it, you spend the full amount of AP, getting part or all of it back after some time.

How does it work? In the rebate thread, there will be an information on which items qualify for the rebate, and how many of them can be bought. Its important to note how many of them you can qualify for! If you buy more than the limit, all the extra items AP will be spent and not returned to you.

Answer 1: Unless the thread says otherwise, it does not matter. As long as you buy the specified item, you will qualify for the rebate. Although do note that if you want to participate in other promotions, like the BOGO ones, at the same time, you will need to buy the ones in web item mall.

Question 2: If I bought item shortly before or after the promotion started, will I still qualify?
Answer 2: No. You must buy the item within the time frame given on the thread. To know whether the promotion began/ended already, you can use the world clocks like this or this one. You can also use the shoutbox (which adds a timestamp to each post based on server time).

Question 3: Is there a way I can somehow qualify for buying too soon or too late?
Answer 3: You can try sending a ticket, explaining the situation, hoping for the best. If the time difference is not too large, the ticket may allow you to qualify, but there is no guarantee. Do note though that this is extremally rare exception. It still is your job to make sure that the event is running at the moment you buy the items.

Question 4: If there is a limit on how many items I can qualify for, can I use multiple accounts to increase that limit?
Answer 4: You need to carefully read the promotion thread each time it appears. This is an individual case for each rebate promotion.

Question 5: Do I have to do anything to get the rebate?
Answer 5: No. The rebate will be sent to you by the GM's, with no involvement on your part.

Question 6: Does the AP spent count towards other promotions?
Answer 6: Yes. You must actually spend the full AP price on these items, so they will count towards all other promotions that are based on buying that item or spending AP alltogether, like the Tiered.

Question 7: How long until I get my AP back?
Answer 7: The default time Aeria have to distribute the AP is minimum 10 and maximum 15 business days after the promotion ends. It may vary from rebate to rebate though, so make sure to always read the thread fully.

Tiered Event/Spender:
Tiered event/spender is one of the biggest promotions available. There is usually one Tiered Event (called Monthly Tiered) per month, but the Tiered Spender can be more often than that. It always starts on 9PM (21:00) of the specified date and ends on 9PM (21:00) next day.

How does it work? In both cases, there is a time frame in which all the AP you spend is counted towards the spender event. After you spend specific amounts of AP, you unlock a tier and can redeem its prizes here.

In the past, there was a different reward system, which was exchanged with the one above, for the time being. The general idea though didn't change from the very beginning.

Answer 1: No. You can spend AP in web item mall, in game item mall or on either of the loot wheels. All the AP you spend on those will qualify. Although do note that if you want to participate in other promotions, like the BOGO ones, at the same time, you will need to buy the ones in web item mall.

Question 2: If I spent the AP on items in a different game, for example MegaTen, will I still qualify for tiered events?
Answer 2: No. Only the AP spent on the game the event is for does qualify. Each games item mall (both web and in-game) and loot wheels (where applicable) are separate and count only towards their own Tiered promotions.

Question 3: If I bought item shortly before or after the promotion started, will I still qualify?
Answer 3: No. You must buy the item within the time frame of the promotion. To know whether the promotion began/ended already, you can use the world clocks like this or this one. You can also use the shoutbox (which adds a timestamp to each post based on server time).

Question 4: Is there a way I can somehow qualify for buying too soon or too late?
Answer 4: You can try sending a ticket, explaining the situation, hoping for the best. If the time difference is not too large, the ticket may allow you to qualify, but there is no guarantee. Do note though that this is extremally rare exception. It still is your job to make sure that the event is running at the moment you spend the AP.

Question 5: How can I make sure that the event is running?
Answer 5: You can check [url=here]here[/url]. If the bar is visible and the event clock shows that there is still time for it, then the event is still running.

Question 6: If I don't redeem the prizes before the promotion ends, what happens?
Answer 6: Nothing happens. You don't get the rewards you qualified for, unless you redeem the prizes within the time frame.

Question 7: Can I somehow get the rewards anyway, even if I missed the redeeming time?
Answer 7: No. Make sure you redeem the prizes before the promotion ends or you will lose them forever.

Question 8: Do the items bought and the reward count toward other promotions?
Answer 8: The rewards does not count toward other promotions, but there is always at least one smaller promotion that you can participate in over the tiered promotion time, if you buy the specific item. This means that you can participate in multiple promotions freely.

Question 9: If I spend twice as much AP as the maximum tier, do I get all the tiers twice?
Answer 9: No. You can qualify for each tier only once, no matter how much AP you spend.

Question 10: How long until I get my reward?
Answer 10: As soon as you redeem them, for most prizes. If the prize involves choice (like GM Link/Enchant, mounts or gear), then you will need to take extra steps for that. Look below.

Question 11: How can I redeem my prizes that involve choice?
Answer 11: After the winners are posted in the original Tiered thread and you appear among the list, you have a limited time to send a ticket with the account name and your choice of reward. You will get such reward within 10 business days after you send the ticket.

Question 12: Why my bar doesn't show that I spent AP?
Answer 12: It can take up to 15 minutes after you spend AP for the bar to refresh. That means that it may not be a good choice to try and qualify for the event within few minutes of its end.

Question 13: Why can't I redeem the prizes?
Answer 13: Redeeming the prizes costs 1AP per item (or stack of items). Unfortunately the system doesn't allow to give out items without AP spent currently, so make sure you have those spare points for redeeming.

Question 14: Can I participate in the tiered with multiple accounts?
Answer 14: No. You can not participate in tiered with multiple accounts.

Question 15: When and where are the winners posted?
Answer 15: Usually within a week or so after the event ends. They are posted in the original Tiered promotion tread, in the original post.

kikix12

Rank 5
kikix12
PostedAug 04, 2010 10:48 am
Special rewards:
This post explains two special rewards that due to their nature can pose a special problem or involve special steps.

GM Link:
GM Link is basically a reward in which GM's will add a lapis of your choice (that you must supply) to a gear of your choice (that you must also supply).

How does it work? If you get the reward of GM Link, put the item to be linked and the lapis that you want to link to it in the first two spots of the first tab of your warehouse. After you do that send a ticket saying exactly what is to be linked with what lapis, and confirming that the lapis can go into the specified item.

Question 1: Do I need to have the item and the lapis?
Answer 1: Yes. The GM's won't link something that you don't have with lapis that you don't have, so don't even ask.

Question 2: Do I need lucky charm for lapis that can break the gear?
Answer 2: No. Items are broken only on a failure, which GM links don't have. The lapis will surely be added to the gear in question.

Question 3: Do I need linking hammer of any type?
Answer 3: No. All you need is the item to be linked and the lapis that you want to put into it.

Question 4: Can I link a lapis into gear without free slot?
Answer 4: No. Trying to do so is promotion fraud and can result in severe punishment, including anything from losing the extra lapis, the whole piece of gear to a permanent ban. In either case, no refund will be given.

Question 5: Can I link lapis into a piece of gear that this lapis can't be fit into, like sonic into top?
Answer 5: No. You can GM Link a lapis only into a gear that you could link it using normal means. Trying to make the GM's link the item into anything that you couldn't link it into is a promotion fraud resulting in severe punishment.

Question 6: Can I link a lapis that already is in the gear, for example lvl5 craft into a piece that already have one?
Answer 6: Once again, no. You can't order a lapis to be linked into a gear that already have that type and level of lapis in it. Trying to do so is promotion fraud resulting in severe punishment.

Question 7: What information I must send by the ticket?
Answer 7: Your account name, the full, exact name of the item you want to link (including caps), the full exact name of the lapis you want to link (including caps) and the confirmation that the lapis can be linked to the item. Make sure to put them into the first two slots of your warehouse and say you did so in the ticket.

Question 8: Can I use GM Link on someone elses account?
Answer 8: Yes. If you want to use a GM Link on items in a different persons possession, you must include both your account and the account of person who have the item and lapis to link. In that case, that person must have those items in first two slots of his warehouse.

Question 9: Can I save the GM Link for future use?
Answer 9: The reward is made void after 30 days after the winners are posted, so you have a limited amount of time to get all the needed items and send the ticket. That means no, you cannot save the GM Link for future use.

Question 10: How long until the link will be made?
Answer 10: The default time the GM's have to distribute the rewards is 10 business days the ticket have been sent with all the needed information. It usually takes less time though.

GM Enchant:
GM Enchant is basically a reward in which GM's will increase the enchant level a gear of your choice (that you must supply).

How does it work? If you get the reward of GM Enchant, put the item to be enchanted in the first spot of your warehouses first tab. After you do that send a ticket saying exactly what is to be enchanted.

Question 1: Do I need to have the item?
Answer 1: Yes. You can enchant only an item that you have.

Question 2: Do I need Lapisia of any type?
Answer 2: No. The GM's will increase the enchantment without the need of Lapisia of any type.

Question 3: Do I risk losing the gear?
Answer 3: No. The GM Enchant always succeeds.

Question 4: Is there a limit on how high enchantment can I have?
Answer 4: Yes. Currently the limit is 15 for weapon and 17 for armor. That means that the gear after adding the enchantment cannot be higher than the respective limit.

Question 5: What if I try to enchant a gear beyond the limit of the promotion?
Answer 5: That's promotion fraud which can result in severe punishment.

Question 6: Can I use multiple GM Enchants on the same item?
Answer 6: Depends. Generally speaking, you can use any number of enchants that are rewarded to a single account on the same gear at all time. You can not use GM Enchants that are rewards to two different accounts for the same event on the same item. You can use any amount of GM Enchants regardless of their source, as long as each comes from a different event and they don't exceed the maximum limit.

Question 7: If the tiered have enchant in two different tiers, can I distribute them as I want?
Answer 7: Yes. You can use each of them on its own item (in which case you must put them in the first two slots of the warehouse), or both on the same one. If the tiered says that the reward is +2 enchant, you cannot divide it into two +1, though.

Question 8: What information I must send by the ticket?
Answer 8: Your account name and the full, exact name of the item you want to link (including caps). Make sure to put the item into the first slot of your warehouse and say that you did so in the ticket.

Question 9: Can I use GM Enchant on someone elses account?
Answer 9: Yes. If you want to use a GM Enchant on item in a different persons possession, you must include both your account and the account of person who have the item to enchant. In that case, that person must have that item in the first slot of his warehouse.

Question 10: Can I save the GM Enchant for future use?
Answer 10: The reward is made void after 30 days after the winners are posted, so you have a limited amount of time to get the item to enchant. That means no, you cannot save the GM Enchant for future use.

Question 11: How long until the enchantment will be made?
Answer 11: The default time the GM's have to distribute the rewards is 10 business days the ticket have been sent with all the needed information. It usually takes less time though.

aldrich111987

Rank 0
aldrich111987
PostedAug 14, 2010 5:31 am
GM Link. FTW Smile

rafa2536

Rank 0
rafa2536
PostedOct 11, 2011 7:03 pm
Question 4: Is there a limit on how high enchantment can I have?
Answer 4: Yes. Currently the limit is 15 for weapon and 17 for armor. That means that the gear after adding the enchantment cannot be higher than the respective limit.

And how do people have [16], [17] and [18] weapons?
More so why is it possible to have such high enchants in a low lvl pvp zone such as Proelium?
I mean, [10] should be the cap for a lvl 15 zone. Its more than enough to hit hard and that way pvp can be more enjoyable for every one.