zhegao

Rank 4
zhegao
PostedJul 22, 2010 10:06 am

AP buying Errors

Hello all,

I have been in shoutbox the past couple of weeks and have noticed a increase in the number of AP buying inquiries so I have decided to make a post to try to resolve your AP buying problems. I will post a few common problems that people have experienced below and if you want to add to this list, just post here and I will edit this post with the appropriate problem and solution.

Message to the mods: I would like this to remain in the general discussion for maybe a week or so and then let this be moved to the appropriate place. Thank you Smile

Q:

• I have just bought AP but my account balance on the web mall states -2 AP. What should I do?

A related problem is the following, which was taken from another post:
  • Each time i try to purchase anything in item mall it tells me i cannot connect to server (B) can anyone help?

A:

First of all close all your Internet windows. Clear your internet cache with a program such as Ccleaner. You can download this application at http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner.
Then reload your internet application and check your Webmall AP balance.

If this fix does not work, go to the bottom of this page and click on Contact Us and select Billing Inquiries. Make sure to include your Receipt ID and give as many details as possible
-Time of purchase
-Amount of AP purchased
-Method of purchase used
-Any reward points qualified

Be sure to note that each method of purchase has a certain allowable timeframe for the AP to be added to your account. You should always wait 15 minutes to an hour before making a Contact Us report.

Advertisement

Giovanna_X

GameSage: DK Online
Giovanna_X
PostedAug 07, 2010 10:57 am
In the past when the -2 AP error would occur, it could usually be solved by means of clearing your internet cache and restarting your computer. However, several players who have tried this recently have reported that it didn't work for them.

An Anecdote Which May Help:

I bought an Aeria Fun Card at Target recently, after all of these reports of trouble.

I entered my code, got the notice that it worked and so on, and then went to the Web Item Mall, where, lo and behold, I saw a balance of -2 AP.

I decided to be lazy and not clear my cache, but to attempt a few other methods of resolving the situation instead. Refreshing the page had worked on some occasions in the past, but it did no good for me on this occasion. I waited, as this has also helped some in the past.

I went back to the Web IM, still -2 AP. I refreshed the page again. Still no joy. I waited some more.

I went back again to the Web IM and still had -2 AP, so, on a lark, I went to my AP Recharge History page and saw the balance that was supposed to be there. Then I immediately went back to the Web IM and saw the correct balance.

This morning in the SB, someone reported the -2 AP balance glitch, so I sent him directly to his Aeria Points Recharge History page: https://billing.aeriagames.com/report/in_list.asp and asked him to let me know if it fixed the problem. He said it did.

2/2 successes

LadyBorderlinex

Rank 5
PostedAug 07, 2010 6:46 pm
Gio -- approx how much time passed between entering your funcard code and having it refreshed? A lot of the issues with ap, I don't think there really is a way to fix them other than with time. Especially the free ap offers.

Alsooooo -- I wouldn't fill a form out in 15min, I would give it atleast 24 hours for non fun card methods, maybe shorter for funcards. For now anyways, maybe to take the load off billing servers and the rt system. lol

Queen of Unnecessarily Long Youtube Videos Used To Report Multi-clienting

Giovanna_X

Giovanna_X
PostedAug 07, 2010 6:56 pm
LadyBorderlinex wrote:
Gio -- approx how much time passed between entering your funcard code and having it refreshed? A lot of the issues with ap, I don't think there really is a way to fix them other than with time. Especially the free ap offers.

Alsooooo -- I wouldn't fill a form out in 15min, I would give it atleast 24 hours for non fun card methods, maybe shorter for funcards. For now anyways, maybe to take the load off billing servers and the rt system. lol  

It wasn't refreshing that helped. An hour and 15 minutes passed between the time I redeemed the Fun Card and the time I found the solution. However, with the player I sent to his/her AP Recharge History page this morning, she/he said the AP had "just" been bought, so I'm guessing it had been less than 30 minutes in his/her case, yet going to the AP Recharge History page worked immediately.

As far as the time recommended for submitting a Contact form, I would also advise waiting till 24 hours have passed, because it can take up to 24 hours for AP to be delivered to an account, when it is purchased in certain ways. If it takes longer than that, it's usually a Billing Server issue, or an intermediary (like PayPal, for example) issue.

elyssa44

Rank 0
elyssa44
PostedAug 23, 2010 8:33 am
good post zhegao
this will reduce the work load on gs for some time until players get used to it or learn to use it

well keep the good working going ON ..

thx to Elodie for the siggy with love Elyssa

Kayonna

Rank 2
PostedSep 12, 2010 3:12 pm
this is great =)

lilfoxxy

Rank 0
lilfoxxy
PostedSep 18, 2010 11:02 am

ap errors

Has anyone tried just logging into game after purchasing ap? I have found that the "bug" is fixed immediately after logging into game then refreshing the browser. This had been my first and only idea which both me and my boyfriend tried and it worked for both of us. Doesn't hurt to try Smile

Giovanna_X

Giovanna_X
PostedSep 21, 2010 10:28 am

Re: ap errors

lilfoxxy wrote:
Has anyone tried just logging into game after purchasing ap? I have found that the "bug" is fixed immediately after logging into game then refreshing the browser. This had been my first and only idea which both me and my boyfriend tried and it worked for both of us. Doesn't hurt to try Smile  

In my experience, logging into the game allows the AP to show in the in-game IM, but doesn't fix the AP balance in the web IM (the fact that the correct balance shows up in the in-game IM but not in the web IM should be sufficient evidence that this is actually a glitch).

Superman0X

GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
PostedSep 21, 2010 10:43 am
There may be an error related to data sync between our servers. I will pass this on to our engineers and see if they can find more detail.

The -2 is caused by a temp hold on the account while the AP is processed. This is something that can happen normally, and should clear within a few minutes. The fact that you all are reporting it lasting for an hour or more indicates that something in our system is not clearing this correctly.

If you see an indication of -1, this is a different issue. It indicates a lack of connection to the billing server. When there is a global outage for the billing server, this is what is indicated. If an individual (and not everyone) sees this, and it does not clear, they need to contact us as it indicates that billing service is suspended to the account.

Giovanna_X

Giovanna_X
PostedSep 21, 2010 11:05 am
Thanks, Supes. Smile