Kill Stealing is defined as purposefully attacking a MOB with the intent of stealing the EXP and loot from another player.
1. If you are attacking a monster and someone else rolls up and starts attacking it: it's rude, but not actually Kill Stealing.
2. If, after the other player starts attacking, you ask them to stop but they don't: that's Kill Stealing.
3. If, after you've asked them to stop, they tell you off: that's Abuse.
4. If, after you've asked them to stop, they follow you around and keep killing whatever you attack: that's Harassment.
Now, the little numbers next to each of the above mean the following:
1. No harm, no foul.
2. Kill Stealing. A GM will warn the KSer if you report it. Repeatedly reported (and verified) KSer's will have action taken against them.
3. Immediate temp or perma ban if reported and verified.
4. Immediate temp or perma ban if reported & verified.
You'll notice the key ingredients in all of these are asking them to stop and reporting the incident. Asking them to stop does NOT mean swearing at them, cussing them out, telling them to piss off, etc. It means: ASKING them to stop.
And reporting the incident means submitting a ticket using the "Contact Us" link or posting here with full details including time & player name. It does not mean PMing a GM or spamming in-game chat.
Remember: an isolated incident of Kill Stealing is NOT a bannable offense.