Elfstruck

Rank 3
Elfstruck
PostedJun 13, 2010 5:47 am   Last edited by Elfstruck on Jun 22, 2010 9:11 am. Edited 1 time in total

What to do when your account is hacked

a guide on how to proceed and how to prevent getting hacked...
Recently there has been many issues with hacked accounts... so Im gonna write down a few hints and tips what to do when this situation happens to you and how you may prevent it in the future.

My account was hacked! What to do?

• If the hackers didn´t change your password and email adress. Do it as soon as possible!
    How to change it? Go to My profile-->Edit Profile-->account-->Email/Password and change it.

• If you cannot access your account anymore, create a new account and send the ticket from there involving all the info as shown below.

• You have to send a ticket and explain the issue there. As a ticket is your only hope to get the account back.
    However You will have to prove that the account really belongs to you.
    Therefore You will receive a response with these questions:

Code:

1) Server(s) your character(s) are associated with

2) Name(s) of the character(s)

3) Items which the character(s) have equipped and in the inventory

4) Last 5 items purchased in Item Mall (including dates, times, and
 character(s))

5) The transaction #'s for the last 5 items purchased

6) The last time and zone your character(s) were logged in

7) The original and current email address associated with the account

8) The date the account was registered

9) Your I.P Address ( feel free to use whatismyip.com)

Arrow In order to speed things up. Answer to these questions in the very first ticket you are gonna send.
Also if You have any recent screenshot´s of your equipped gears, inventory, pvp rank etc. You may include those in your ticket as a proof that the account belongs to you.

I sent the ticket. Now what?

After the ticket has been sent, You will receive automated responce that will include your Request Tracker # (RT#).
If you won´t receive a reply from a GM within 48 hours, you may ask a Game Sage (GS) to forward the RT# for You.
Make sure You have checked the junkmail first before asking a GS to forward the ticket!

Exclamation GM may ask you for more information in the ticket, please be patient and answer to all question they may have as that is the only way how to get your account back and they are trying to help you.

What can I do to prevent getting hacked?

• Never give your password to anyone! By never I mean NEVER! GM´s or GS´s will never ask for you password!

• Do not share your account with anyone! Its is against ToS and very much bannable

• Do not visit any suspicious sites, especially the ones selling 3rd party gold, plvl, cheats and hacks.
    There is a high chance you will unknowingly download a keylogger from such a site and practically let them to hack your
    account.

• Make sure you have antivirus program installed and regularly updated

• Create a seperate account that will be used only for the purpose of posting on the forums. Therefore any potential
    hacker will not know your account information

• Create a strong password. Make sure it doesn´t contain names of your family members, pets etc. Make it as random
    as it can be. Also if you registered account on some different forums, game site etc. do not use the same password!

For more information about how hacks work please visit these threads: Hacking knowledge and Account Theft

I hope this little guide will help a little. Also if I have forgotten something, please let me know and I wil add it. Thank You and be safe^^

Advertisement

kerenf

Rank 4
kerenf
PostedJun 20, 2010 2:33 am
oh nice elfy!! If i see any people asking for info on what to do if they get hacked i will refer them to this guide Smile well done!

I'm Kitie on Teos UoF!

M.Kai

Rank 0
M.Kai
PostedSep 10, 2010 4:44 pm
4) Last 5 items purchased in Item Mall (including dates, times, and
character(s))

5) The transaction #'s for the last 5 items purchased

No way I'd be able to remember that... =,=''

askins2398

Rank 0
PostedOct 13, 2010 2:38 pm
Really? Last 5 items purchased? I dont even think I could tell you the last 2... I know a repair hammer was somewhere in the last 5k ap.... I think a cape.... Dates? Lmao.... TIME!? HA

alixesgreat

Rank 0
PostedOct 19, 2010 8:55 am

Hello i just fresh in this game

Hello i just fresh in this game it fell a lot of enjoying of it but anyways,I come to the wonderful minds of the gamers to played at me with.
I am opened to played anyone!

hybridchic

Rank 3
hybridchic
PostedOct 19, 2010 9:18 am

Re: Hello i just fresh in this game

alixesgreat wrote:
Hello i just fresh in this game it fell a lot of enjoying of it but anyways,I come to the wonderful minds of the gamers to played at me with.
I am opened to played anyone!

wrong forum?
I don't think this game is hosted by Aeria............ Your post is...

I hope the community you aimed to meet is warm, nice, and welcoming Twisted Evil

mrteaspoon

Rank 0
PostedFeb 13, 2011 1:10 pm
Just wanted to post that this doesn't work at all. My friend got a reply to his mail with: "Your account was banned because spamming is not allowed"

Have a nice day,
etc..

This was an account that was hacked, and yes the info was correct.

CHOAM

Rank 5
CHOAM
PostedFeb 13, 2011 1:13 pm
mrteaspoon wrote:
Just wanted to post that this doesn't work at all. My friend got a reply to his mail with: "Your account was banned because spamming is not allowed"

Have a nice day,
etc..

The usual:

• Bans are not discussed on the forums
  • Followup on the ticket
  • One alleged example of failure does not completely invalidate a process's applicability to other cases.

Have a nice day,
etc..

mrteaspoon

Rank 0
PostedFeb 13, 2011 1:17 pm
CHOAM wrote:
mrteaspoon wrote:

Have a nice day,
etc..

The usual:

• Bans are not discussed on the forums
  • Followup on the ticket
  • One alleged example of failure does not completely invalidate a process's applicability to other cases.

Have a nice day,
etc..  

Followup had the same result
Not discussing it here
Just warning people that this will not garuantee your account back, you still might get unlucky and get the "Sorry spamming is not allowed so no account back" after a hack.

also for your alleged thing. Let me explain it for you.

Me and my girlfriend (whom the account belongs to) came back to this game around 2 weeks back. She found that her account had been hacked, she happily send the email, awaiting a reply. And what did she get in return? A 1 sentence e-mail that didn't have anything to do with the problem at all.
We replied back, saying that it was an e-mail that had nothing to do with the current situation. E-mail back again "Was hacked due to spamming", again in 1 line with horrible english.

Seriously, the mails were in what? 30 minutes after sending the mail to them, so either 1.) They had nothing at all to do and had time to check out the issue. 2.) Just checked the reason, wrote a short mail and closed another easy incident.

Lanceknightmare

Rank 2
PostedFeb 13, 2011 1:32 pm
The faster you recover your account the better. Another thing that puts you at risk and you might want to add this to your guide. Are players that take long breaks from the game. But have alot of stuff on there account. These are the number one targets for hackers.

Also, there is another reason why you want to recover your account quickly. If someone breaks into your account. Then commits a tos violation that gets the account banned. There is no guarantee that you are getting your account back. There are real cases of this happen. Where the account that was banned. Was a high dollar ap buyer.

Come to think about it. Most of the cases of people getting screwed by Aeria. Are inflicted on those that buy Ap.

Sorry, your account was banned because you broke the Tos. No we don't care that you were hacked
Sorry, we THINK you participated on the same Tiered event on two accounts. You are guilty unless you have proof.
Sorry, were are too stupid to know the meaning of. You can only participate in a tiered event once EVERY SESSION.
Sorry, a glitch in our system. Has led to Resurrection ruins not working. If you have a Conti-Resurrection ruin running and a regular one on your character. Not all of you are getting your accounts back.

Guilty till proven innocent