Khaine_RIP

Rank 2
Khaine_RIP
PostedJun 06, 2010 7:27 am   Last edited by Khaine_RIP on Jun 09, 2010 4:01 pm. Edited 5 times in total

A guide to the Battle Oracle / Priest

Iíve always noticed the lack of info on that fantastically fun to play sub-class: the battle oracle (Borc).
So here it comes, my very own guide to battle orc (or at least a first shot at it).

Main ideas:

The battle oracle is an oracle with high Int in order to deal damage.
One of the major problem that the Borc is encountering though, is the tremendous amount of MP required to cast its spells. That means Borc need a LOT of stat points to be efficient (donít even try if youíre NM).
Prefer gear with HP and MP to pure HP gear (a 800 HP 700MP is way better than a 1200HP for a borc).

Builds:

There are 2 main builds Int/Rec and Int/Luk
Int rec allow to stay alive while in battle but still deal a large amount of damage. Great for PvP and solo / party Grinding. Other advantage of that build is that you can have a int set and a full wis set allowing you to play both battle and healing orc.
Int Luk is the uber damage build, the big squishy killing machine. Awesome for party grinding and PvP but die a lot. Keep that build for higher levels, do your 1st 50 lvls on Int/rec build.
350 Luk is enough to crit sufficiently (400 is better).
In both build, I did not mention Wis but keep in mind that spells use a LOT of MP.
Therefore, for a 100% PvP build, don't put WIS, all you want is to max out your INT or REC (your choice)
If you plan to grind and donít want to spend 50% of your time sitting, youíd better put a fair amount of Wis (250-350 wis) unless you have high MP rerolled gear.
Personally I like to have 300wis, that allow you with a minimum of rerolls to get 9.000-10.000 MP, heal decently with recovery but does not use too many stat points (donít forget you get 1 extra Wis at every lvl up).

So for a Rec Build, you can go easily for 450 to 500 rec, 300 Wis (PvE build), the rest in Int.

For a Luk build go 350-400 Luk, 300 Wis (PvE build), 550-700 Int, the rest in Rec. (prepare to be squishy)

Lapising your gear

INT lapises are by far the cheapest of all, then come WIS. (a Lvl 6 int is cheaper than a lvl 5 str)
That means, lapis your gear full int, use your character stat points for Rec and a bit of Wis (Luk if in build).
Prepare your gear in advance!!! You really need to max out your stats otherwise you wonít enjoy it.
Build yourself a full INT set (can get +350 INT quite easily with a legend set) and get most of your INT from it. The great thing is that if you want / need to switch to a WIS build, you just need to switch gear, no restat needed. That is particularly true for the Rec build.

That is for "normal" players. If you are the "infinite pool of money" type, go for 5-6 INT/REC, 6 Wis, 6 Luk (where possible, accomodate the pieces where some lapis don't fit with what you like).

Staff or Dagger ?

I have tried both and the difference of speed is so minimal that the staff wins without a doubt !
Staff deals a lot more damage and casting is just as fast.
** This one is particularly debated in the various answers to this post.
I'll collect the best entries and add them here. Both Staff and Dagger have their supporters but dagger seems to have the upper hand. Meanwhile I stand my ground: I prefer staff **

Skills

If itís not in the list, that means I consider it as useless for a Borc. Skill maxed up unless told otherwise.

All the skills can be found here:
http://forums.aeriagames.com/viewtopic.php?t=316277
http://shaiya.wikia.com/wiki/Oracle_Skills

** Passive Skills: **

All of them except dagger power up (unless you want to go dagger in which case donít take staff mastery)

** Basic Skills: **

If you are able to get leveled to 14 without having to attack, do not take magic ball, go for magic spot directly. Otherwise take magic ball (if you re-skill at higher level, donít take it).

The Must have:
Body Protector, Dispel, Ice ball, Magic spot,

The nice to have:
Stamina and Mana leakage for hardcore Pvpers with Rec build. Detection (Pvp skill).

** Combat Skills: **

The Must have:
Recovery, Surge Choir, Surgy Shock, Hail Storm, Blizzard storm, Elemental Shock.

The nice to have:
Instant heal, Self Heal, Great Healing Pool, Magic Protector.

** Special Skills: **

The Must have:
Aura of Peace , Prayer, Resurrection (lvl 2 for HMs, Ums or hardcore PvPers take lvl 3), Health Assistant, Evolution (lvl 1), Degeneration (pvp skill, very very usefull to silence opposing healers since dispel pots don't work on with it), Hypnosis (very useful to get away or prepare a long casting spell on 1vs1. However, experienced player will use dispel pot to counter its effect. Mobs under hypnosis do not wake up when hit by AOEs). Magic Mirror (at least lvl 1), Bloody Karma, Town Portal, Etains Bless.

The nice to have:
Energy Diversion.

Thatís it.
Hope itís going to be useful.
Cheers.

[EDIT1] Removed mention of prayer giving luk, was wrong
[EDIT2] Added note about WIS to be included in PvE build, not needed for pure PvP build.
[EDIT3] Added comment on "uber" lapissing
[EDIT4] Magic mirror moved to must have. Added note of Hypnosis and Degeneration
[EDIT5] Added note on Staff vs dagger

Advertisement

alexanderhmj

Rank 3
alexanderhmj
PostedJun 06, 2010 8:34 am
Prayer level 3, dosent give Luc, it gives str,wis and rec

deadssnake

Rank 2
deadssnake
PostedJun 06, 2010 9:02 am
Dagger Power Up is only for ph-atk and not for m-atk so far as it showed me when I learned it long time ago. Atleast I skip it all the time on orc/priest/pag/mage.

Aufklarer

GameSage: Shaiya
Aufklarer
PostedJun 06, 2010 9:45 am
deadssnake wrote:
Dagger Power Up is only for ph-atk and not for m-atk so far as it showed me when I learned it long time ago. Atleast I skip it all the time on orc/priest/pag/mage.  

Wrong. It's for Magic attack too. The extra attack gained from the weapon power-up skills don't show on your character's stats.

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedJun 06, 2010 9:55 am

Re: A guide to the Battle Oracle / Priest

Khaine_RIP wrote:

350 Luk is enough to crit sufficiently (400 is better). Donít forget youíll get 40 Luk and 40 Rec from Prayer  

Prayer = + STR + REC and + WIS ...

Khaine_RIP wrote:
In both build, I did not mention Wis but keep in mind that spells use a LOT of MP and if you donít want to spend 50% of your time sitting, youíd better put a fair amount of Wis (250-350 wis) unless you have high MP rerolled gear.
Personally I like to have 300wis, that allow you with a minimum of rerolls to get 9.000-10.000 MP, heal decently with recovery but does not use too many stat points (donít forget you get 1 extra Wis at every lvl up).  

if you add 300 WIS into INT then you have 400 + damage bonus for just only 1.5 k MP less...
i've gained a lot MP's from rerols ... WIS is not a need in PvP , but that's my view

-> lvl3 magic spot : + 343 damage for 350 MP on a B-orc of 5k MP against a mob of 100 def, no LUC build, no INT

with +300 WIS -> (8500 + 1500) / 350 = 28.57 => 28 attacks. dmg = 28 * (( 60+343) - 100) = 8 484

with +300 INT -> 8500 / 350 = 24.28 => 24 attacks. dmg = 24 * (( 400+343) - 100) = 15 432

you can see that you've hit more with a neutral element Wink

to check it if it's right, with an another skill, ele shock lvl3 : + 690 damage and for 660 MP

with +300 WIS -> (8500 + 1500) / 660 = 15.15 => 15 attacks. dmg = 15 * (( 60+690) - 100) = 9 750

with +300 INT -> 8500 / 660 = 12.88 => 12 attacks. dmg = 12 * (( 400+690) - 100) = 11 880

again a positive note to have more INT then WIS. those +1 free WIS ea lvl is still enough to have enough accuracy in PvP ... so it's better to not take WIS . if you're gonna to invest into WIS, then you should go for a tanker build. otherwise not because it's hard to distribute through 3 stats, and so for 4 stats ... ( luc bpriest with int, wis, rec and luc ... )

Khaine_RIP wrote:

The Must have:
Degeneration (pvp skill, very very usefull to silence opposing healers),  

i would rather go for hypnosis due to less casting time AND cooldown ( effect is still "same" )

Khaine_RIP wrote:

Hypnosis (very useful to get away or prepare a long casting spell on 1vs1. Mobs under hypnosis do not wake up when hit by AOEs).

o_O

they're awake after a touch btw >.>
less cooldown and cast time here
but it's better then degeneration ... if you don't hit those, then it would be more better

signature of xybolt

Khaine_RIP

Rank 2
Khaine_RIP
PostedJun 06, 2010 11:44 am
Nah the big difference between degeneration and hypnosis is that hypnosis is broken with dispel pots, degeneration is not dispelled by any pot.

Elfstruck

Rank 3
Elfstruck
PostedJun 06, 2010 12:38 pm
Both degeneration and Hypnosis say that thereīs 80% of hit...BUT... I dont believe that lol. From my experience Hypnosis is wayy better than Degeneration. Sure, it can be dispelled but has shortet cast time and cooldown.
Both are used to slow the enemy down so you can come and kill him, and for that purpose Hypnosis rules. When it gets dispelled by a pot, just use Blizzard.

And for pvp I havenīt met a bpriest that would put Wis into their build, you would lose way too much of your attack or defense. If you need more MP better lapis up some Mentals.

my 2 cents...

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedJun 06, 2010 12:43 pm
look Elfstruck ( <3 ) was here first to reply on the diff between hypnosis and degeneration ... i tottaly agree with her.

( i've tested too in the past with a priest that hypnosis got a higher success rate then degeneration, and that for a less cast time ! )

signature of xybolt

deadssnake

Rank 2
deadssnake
PostedJun 06, 2010 2:07 pm

Re: A guide to the Battle Oracle / Priest

xybolt wrote:
o_O

they're awake after a touch btw >.>
less cooldown and cast time here
but it's better then degeneration ... if you don't hit those, then it would be more better  
Actually what Khaine posted is right, Aoe's like blizard and frozen ice won't wake up your target. It's also usefull 2 know that other aoe's like wind aoe's for pag/mage don't wake it aswell. Great info for your partner if you duo with them Wink

Khaine_RIP

Rank 2
Khaine_RIP
PostedJun 06, 2010 3:39 pm
Elfstruck wrote:
Both degeneration and Hypnosis say that thereīs 80% of hit...BUT... I dont believe that lol. From my experience Hypnosis is wayy better than Degeneration. Sure, it can be dispelled but has shortet cast time and cooldown.
Both are used to slow the enemy down so you can come and kill him, and for that purpose Hypnosis rules. When it gets dispelled by a pot, just use Blizzard.

And for pvp I havenīt met a bpriest that would put Wis into their build, you would lose way too much of your attack or defense. If you need more MP better lapis up some Mentals.

my 2 cents...  

For my experience, I virtually always suceed on lower level characters and virtually always miss on higher lvl characters.