ScarletSunrise

Rank 0
PostedMay 15, 2010 8:12 pm

Aeria Games and Trojan Virus?

Is this a trojan or a mistake?
I have great virus protection (haven't had a virus on my computer in 3 years). I downloaded the game to just have something to do when I am having issues with my insomnia. As the patcher was loading up I got a big fat red flag, a trojan program. Kaspersky, which is the anti virus/ internet security software I use, already has detected a component similar to a key logger at the log in screen of the game.

If this is not a virus, would someone mind explaining to me why the program says "trojan"?

before I blocked out the trojan program.

After blocking singularly the trojan program, I have found that the "patching screen" as I call it will no longer load or connect with the program.

my virus protection at work.

So I don't really know what to do about this. It was an okay game for being free and all. If this is an actual Trojan program then I just find it sad. Also, if you notice when you go to uninstall grand fantasia, my computer doesn't even recognize a publisher.

/ Mod Edit / - Moved to Technical Problems.
Advertisement

celestar

Rank 5.1
celestar
PostedMay 15, 2010 8:17 pm
jotti scan of the grandfantasia.exe

Early in the week norton thought it was a virus. Now Kaspersky. I'm surprise kasperky call the anti-hack code in the gf.exe a trojan. Norton is bad for false positive.

Anyway, I think its a false positive. you can submit it to kasperky and have them check it out. But I don't think its a trojan.

blueasbutterfly

Rank 2
blueasbutterfly
PostedMay 15, 2010 8:26 pm
Antivirus programs are soooooo useless. As far as I'm concerned, if it passes spybot's tests, it's okay. Very Happy Haven't had any problems with trojans or anything from GF, personally.

Xeygas

Rank 1
Xeygas
PostedMay 15, 2010 8:27 pm
They are indeed false positives. Patches can often come up as them for any game really.

If you gettin' wiped, I feel bad fo' ya son. I got 99 problems, but a boss ain't one.

blueasbutterfly

Rank 2
blueasbutterfly
PostedMay 15, 2010 8:39 pm
yeah... LOTS of things can show up... and the real threats slip through. take it from me. download spybot here: http://www.safer-networking.org/index2.html it's a way better indicator of when there's a problem. I had antivirus before, and 54% of my CPU usage was being hoarded by spyware that the antivirus didn't pick up. >.<

twoas

Rank 0
PostedMay 15, 2010 9:17 pm
I get the same thing on my computer and I'm concerned. Can we get a confirmation from the company representative/GM that it is indeed not a virus?

UnKn0wN41510

Rank 0
UnKn0wN41510
PostedMay 15, 2010 9:50 pm
twoas wrote:
I get the same thing on my computer and I'm concerned. Can we get a confirmation from the company representative/GM that it is indeed not a virus?  

its not a virus if it was no one would be playing GF...

blueasbutterfly

Rank 2
blueasbutterfly
PostedMay 15, 2010 10:01 pm
UnKn0wN41510 wrote:
twoas wrote:

its not a virus if it was no one would be playing GF...  

Lots of legit-sounding programs, even some you can download from major sites like yahoo, contain trojan viruses and people don't even know about it.. even nasty things like keyloggers that they use to target advertising and that they can sell to third parties so they can spam you. It's always wise to double check the things you download, but in this case I'm pretty sure it is not a virus.

JonGhost

Rank 5.2
JonGhost
PostedMay 15, 2010 11:26 pm
twoas wrote:

Here's your confirmation from a company representative.

<object> <param> </embed> </object>

LoveLovey

Rank 4
LoveLovey
PostedMay 16, 2010 1:18 am
JonGhost wrote:
twoas wrote:

Here's your confirmation from a company representative.  
Seconded. Like others have said there's absolutely nothing to worry about. For some reason Norton and now Kaspersky are viewing the anti-hack program built into GF as a virus, thus preventing users from connecting to Grand Fantasia. It hasn't always been like this, it just recently happened due to the most recent patch. I don't know what changed since then, but something obviously did. I can tell you with 100% certainty that there is no virus. I've been playing since December and I have yet to receive a virus from Grand Fantasia. *stamp of approval*

[ Aquamarine - Tranquillus - Deity ]

Respect existence or expect resistance.