xLazuli

Rank 0
xLazuli
PostedMay 15, 2010 6:02 am
Most of these offers will tell you to give them your phone number. My annoying little friend used my phone for it without my consent or knowledge, and I ended up with an auto subscription that was billed directly to my phone company. I called to cancel my subscription, and wondered about the HUGE (30 dollars extra) phone bills, and to my disgust, it was because of one text message.
Advertisement

crystalpink

Rank 5.1
crystalpink
PostedMay 15, 2010 6:34 am
xLazuli wrote:
Most of these offers will tell you to give them your phone number. My annoying little friend used my phone for it without my consent or knowledge, and I ended up with an auto subscription that was billed directly to my phone company. I called to cancel my subscription, and wondered about the HUGE (30 dollars extra) phone bills, and to my disgust, it was because of one text message.  

See, I know right. Those offers are 99.999999999% lame.
Been there, done that as well, and got screwed up here.
The sad thing is that Aeria doesn't care if their players get effed up with those stupid offers.
One of the product manager here even assured that those offers are not scam. Lol, seriously?

People should know that Aeria doesn't guarantee that those offers are not scams/virus givers.
Look at this topic.
We're just experiment rabbits/mice in the laboratory after all.
I guess it doesn't really matter for Aeria if their players get screwed up with those scam websites/companies as long as they get incentives from the companies that made those stupid offers.

Oh well, it won't surprise me if someday Aeria gets closed down due to having an association with the scam websites/companies.

emmaroids

Rank 0
PostedMay 15, 2010 1:27 pm
DL'ed Realplayer. When should we expect our free AP item? (BDC for me btw)

serAlexander

Rank 0
serAlexander
PostedMay 16, 2010 4:06 am

serAlexander
auzura

difraz91

Rank 0
PostedMay 16, 2010 4:14 am

free stuff

Difraz91
server Auzura

Hofstede

Rank 0
PostedMay 16, 2010 5:42 am
lol at everyone who gave there phonenumber.
you should know that mobile phone services like that cost money so only do surveys wich dont ask for your phone number or any other personal info.
i did like 10 surveys and never had to give my phone number if they ask for your name etc you can just fill in what ever, same for everything else only your email haz to be correct and yes you will get spammed from that but they will all go to unwanted mail, wich i never even browse thou

slaughterboy70

Rank 0
PostedMay 16, 2010 10:02 am

emmaroids

Rank 0
PostedMay 16, 2010 11:09 am
emmaroids
Teos (Shaiya)

Master_Bhaytohr

Rank 0
PostedMay 16, 2010 11:43 am
Realplayer SP downloaded, installed, completed offer as instructed. And just in case I DO have to post in this thread to receive my free Blue Dragon Charm,

User Name : Master_Bhaytohr
Server: Gaia

Offer status still says Viewed, and nothing awarded yet.... suppose I'll have to wait and see....

aurel_510

Rank 0
PostedMay 16, 2010 12:32 pm
User Name: aurel_510 Server: Tairen