GMSkempo

GameMaster: USA
GMSkempo
PostedMay 08, 2010 4:34 pm   Last edited by GMSkempo on Sep 29, 2010 4:51 pm. Edited 9 times in total

THE OFFICIAL PvP RULES!

They're here and it's official. Everyone should read this. *Updated 10/15/2011*
THE OFFICIAL PvP RULES!

10/15/2011 Edited by GMBella

Due to changes in the game, as well as issues with people abusing the rules we have in place, we have made instituted two new rules:

1) Level 61+ characters are NOT permitted on the Goddess Map. Characters who are level 61+ and enter the Goddess Map will be kicked from the map on the first offense, and the account will be banned for any future offense.

To make sure this is clear. Your FIRST offense will result in being kicked from the map. ANY further offenses will result in your account being banned.

2) On the Jungle Map, you are no longer allowed to bypass the Guards. We will no longer be focusing on attacking through/near the Veil, and will instead be banning the accounts of anyone who passes the guards.

To make sure this is clear:

Going past this area (where the guards are stationed) will result in the banning of your account.

~~~

The following actions are not allowed:

1) Raiding another faction’s base/castle

a. Going into the opposing faction’s area (that would be past the guards) and then PvPing within their base.
b. This is usually inside castle walls. *NOTE: Karis/Raigo Castle: Inner Wall.
c. This rule is lifted ONLY when NOTED in official events.

2) Spawn Killing

a. Killing a player that had just been revived through resurrection within their factions' base.

3) Portal Killing

a. This includes killing players before they have a chance to step out of the portal. (Very similar to Spawn Killing)
b. This does NOT include killing players after they have left the immediate location, talked, or have done anything to show that they are not idle.
c. We HIGHLY recommend staying away from the portals so that you do not have to worry about getting banned for these types of offenses.

4) Stat Padding

a. Anytime a character circumvents the Ranking System for exploitive gain.

b.If you want to have G vs G that's fine, pick an event or time to do so and have fun amidst PvP maps/other players, but no heals/no pots/not trying just killing=actions being taken.
GvsG OK IF:
1)Both parties are actually trying (heals/pots/buffs etc)
2)Fury/Light accounts aren't the same user (checkable also)
3) all parties are free for all (not touching priests/only rezing etc is like holding a duel but with stats involved which is not ok)
If it breaks any of the above its stat padding.

5) Terrain Exploits

a. Terrain Exploits are defined as a character who has managed to get to a specific point on the map that others cannot get to in order to obtain an unfair advantage in PvP.
b. It can also mean that a character has managed to enter a location where they can attack other characters but other characters cannot attack in return, thus obtaining an unfair advantage in PvP.

6) Power Leveling
a. Power Leveling your alt account with another one of your accounts is against our terms and is a bannable offense. NO MATTER THE CASE, NO EXCEPTIONS!

The Maps Canos Illium and Regnum are free for all. Kill stealing/camping/spawn killing rules do not apply here. THIS IS WAR!

Please also refer to the KS Thread for rules concerning what is and what is not considered punishable Kill Stealing:

http://forums.aeriagames.com/viewtopic.php?t=580510

Also note that the Terms of Service Agreement should be reviewed as players have also been banned during PvP because they have broken the Terms of Service Agreement:

http://www.aeriagames.com/policy/terms

http://www.aeriagames.com/policy/rules

***COMING SOON***

- An official list of free-for-all locations where rules do not apply
- Additional guards to the regions where these rules do apply.
Advertisement

R3apeR13

Rank 3
R3apeR13
PostedMay 08, 2010 4:46 pm   Last edited by R3apeR13 on Jun 08, 2010 9:21 pm. Edited 2 times in total

Re: THE OFFICIAL PvP RULES!

They're here and it's official. Everyone should read this.
Edited to not cause future confusion.

GMFoxTrot

Rank 4
GMFoxTrot
PostedMay 08, 2010 4:49 pm

GMFoxTrot

Rank 4
GMFoxTrot
PostedMay 08, 2010 4:51 pm

R3apeR13 wrote:
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORDS  

Fixed Smile

dmac2008

Rank 3
PostedMay 08, 2010 4:52 pm

R3apeR13 wrote:
It's nice to see a easy to read PvP rule list out. Only rule I see that is gonna cause a lot of headaches is this one.

GMSkempo wrote:

2) Spawn Killing

a. Killing a player that had just been revived through resurrection.  

This rule is gonna cause a lot of tickets and baiting in the PvP zones. If a Orc/Priest revives someone in the middle of a fight they are gonna get hit unless everyone stops fighting for Rez breaks.

This will lead to a lot of players just standing in the middle of the PvP battle after a rez waiting to get hit so they can report someone. I really see this rule being abused by players in a effort to ban people they can't beat. My opinion would be to have this rule not apply out in the field.  

I agree, many people that are HM like to Leader res, and well if I am attacking the leader of a party and that player respawns to him and dies again, that should not be against the rules. IMO.

This rule should only apply to entering and exiting ports/areas... Just my .02

kerenf

Rank 4
kerenf
PostedMay 08, 2010 4:56 pm
ready for pvp? Yeah you know me!!!

I'm Kitie on Teos UoF!

GMFoxTrot

Rank 4
GMFoxTrot
PostedMay 08, 2010 4:58 pm

dmac2008 wrote:
Second Verse, same as the first!  

I said fixed T_T

GMSkempo

GameMaster: USA
GMSkempo
PostedMay 08, 2010 5:04 pm

PlagueFoxII

Rank 4
PostedMay 08, 2010 5:10 pm
poor poor foxtrot, no one payin him any attention. >_>

retired.

Avyn

Rank 5.2
Avyn
PostedMay 08, 2010 5:13 pm
Ew =/

I just don't see the logic in prohibiting killing inside bases. They're meant to be relatively safe, not totally off-limits.

I could see the reasoning if entering a PvP zone was totally unavoidable. PvP isn't for everyone. I get that. However, it is entirely possible to go from Lv1-60 and participate in most endgame bosses without ever stepping in a PvP zone. PvP in Shaiya is 100% optional. Teleporting into a PvP zone is a completely voluntary and conscious decision to risk engaging the enemy.

PvP in bases is also exciting. Routing the enemy and fending off sieges makes for good sport. It's fun. It's exciting. It's as PvP was intended and should be.

Regrouping and planning tactics behind the relative safety of your guards should be comparable to diving into a trench for relative safety on a battlefield, not comparable to yelling out "TIMES!" in a child's game of tag.