SailorSpira

Rank 5
SailorSpira
PostedMay 06, 2010 8:02 pm   Last edited by SailorSpira on Jun 21, 2010 12:20 am. Edited 2 times in total

Tips on Avoiding trade scams.

Please read.
Player transactions

All right now this is a common one. Players have been know to remove items from trade window just as a player presses ok. Thus losing gold or items with nothing in return.

It is important for players to understand that player to player transaction method is NOT a safe trading method. Please only use it when trading with people you trust.

Here are some alternate trading solutions:

• If the trade is a straight item for gold swap. Make use of the individual market function. This can be found in your subskills bar (B). Here you can clearly see the item and the set gold amount (The seller can not change this without closing shop). Please Note this function can only be used in: Apulune, Iris and Bootleggary area.

• If item trading is required, then do not hesitate to ask a GS for assistance. The GS offers a 3rd party trade buffer, both players give items to the GS, then the GS gives the items to their new owners.
    Note: If a GS is not available on your server, you can check other servers and shout box, many GS's have alts on other servers, or trades can be performed in linked waiting room.

Buying and Selling GM Enchants, GM Links and Character revivals.

As these transactions require good faith on both parties behalfs and deal in large amounts of gold. It is very important to get a GS involved in your transaction. I would recomend a GS you know to share regular game play time with you to make things more convient.

Once the players have agreed on the amount, then payment should be given to the GS. Then and only then should the ticket for the enchant/link/revival be submitted. Once they player has received their link, enchant or revival they should contact the GS holding the gold. The GS will then pass the payment onto the seller.

• Do not give your item to be enchanted or linked to the person selling you the enchant/link, place it in slot 1, 1 and 2 if a link, of your warehouse. (Some GS's prefer to hold the item themselves, this is also acceptable.)

• Please also be patient. GM enchants and links can take several days for our lovely GMies to get through, so don't expect it to happen right away.

AP Card Transactions.

These transactions are NOT safe transactions. There is no way to make these transactions 100% scam proof. You do these transactions at your own risk. As a result many GS's will refuse to do them. Involving a GS does NOT prevent you from being scammed. Please be aware AGE is not responsible if you are scammed in this manner.

Contacting players outside of game/forums

Many players wish to discuss transactions over instant messanger, this is perfectly reasonable, HOWEVER, some people do this not for convience but in order to ask for payment not permitted by AGE's ToS.

23. All in game items, and accounts are the property of Aeria Games. No sale/exchange of said items is allowed accept as authorized by Aeria Games.  

Buying in game items with real money/items is not permited, and can result in account suspension. If someone asks you for such payment please report them.

If a player asks you to contact them via phone. I strongly advise against this. Some players are using extra-fee number's thus charging you for the call.

No GS is EVER required to assist in any transaction. If they refuse please be respectful of that as they usually do so for good reason.

Advertisement

Skrypto

Rank 2
Skrypto
PostedMay 06, 2010 8:34 pm
this should be Stickied and made clearly visible to all players, I hate seeing so many people getting ripped off lately, cant people just play fair for a change.... anyways, ty for this.

NosferazatsuZah

Rank 1
NosferazatsuZah
PostedMay 07, 2010 1:08 pm

Avoid Hackers

>(
As someone who has been vitimized by hackers I just want to urge everyone to be safe, here are some things to look out for:

- A seller that joined recently( in the last month/couple days)

- A video Posting or link to a screenshot ending in .tk

- Random friend requests

- Someone creating new Topics rather than Bumping a previous topic

- Somone selling Goddess gear for every class level 6 linked and NO SS

Also it might be a good idea to have Windows Firewall turned on

=O .-Griffith-. 15UM Ranger -Griffith- 59HM Ranger Teos - TGB - AoL

Allfor5

Rank 3
Allfor5
PostedMay 07, 2010 1:38 pm
I would like to add some stuff.

Random Friend Requests, i know alot of people add others so they can talk to them, if they right something reasonable in their message like " 10b on water siths - add me so we can talk" <- this is reasonable

Also i think it is supposed to be "except" <-- in players ethics #23 instead of accept

Skrypto

Rank 2
Skrypto
PostedMay 07, 2010 2:00 pm
Allfor5 wrote:
I would like to add some stuff.

Random Friend Requests, i know alot of people add others so they can talk to them, if they right something reasonable in their message like " 10b on water siths - add me so we can talk" <- this is reasonable

Also i think it is supposed to be "except" <-- in players ethics #23 instead of accept  

I agree, adding players who are already well known and familiar on forums, to your friends,is possibly the safest route, allows them to use meebo, which is a very very useful tool when it comes to trading. It saves people allot of frustration when trying to finalize their trades. Speaking to your buyer or seller directly is a far more efficient method to set up a meet in game, as you can speak to them while you are playing, instead of constantly sending multiple private messages in letter format, back and forth.

Adding strangers, and people with new accounts, with very very few posts, is risky to say the least, and should be done with caution. If they wish to show you a picture of an item through a link, it never hurts to ask if you can see the item in game, rather than risking a possible hijack from a bad link.

I would strongly advise EVERYONE, to refrain from clicking links of ANY kind, even IF you do have secure antivirus protection, you can never be too careful. If someone refuses to correctly display the images of said items they claim to be selling, then simply play it safe, and wait for them to fix it.

Remember, if something seems too good to be true, it usually is, well.... these days that is what it seems like ......

DinoSomljacan1

Rank 0
DinoSomljacan1
PostedMay 14, 2010 2:17 am
there is one way how to fix this problem about scams in transactions .. if u guys ever played last chaos / archlord ... they have to press LOCK and OK to have done transaction .. we have to press only OK .. thats why we have lots of scamers .. this problem can be fixed easy .
<--- already scamed 3 times -.- grr

Champion_1991

Rank 0
Champion_1991
PostedMay 16, 2010 1:54 am

:P

thanks for the tipz.

But there is a new problem.
Sins this inflation it would be handy if the max. amount of gold you can carry would be higher then 4B.
So you can help prevent scamming when you are trading more then 4b.

like 10 or 15B.

I made a PvP msn Add me if you want.( look on profile )( but not atm im in vacation )

rooster63

Rank 0
rooster63
PostedMay 19, 2010 6:29 pm
I can't emphasize enough the individual market set-up it, it has saved me many a potential scams, which is good because i'm a trusting person in RL and people wanna take advantage of that. Assuming the worst and being pleasantly surprised is better than assuming the best and being disappointed.

raven11164

Rank 3
raven11164
PostedJun 16, 2010 2:48 am
"Buying in game items with real money/items is not permitted ...."
so what about this?:
XXX wrote:
Goddess Adamas Top

C/O = xpjhx = 12b + 11op + 30 days conti,EE, PID + 7 days conti, EE, PId (around 36-37 bil)
Anonymous : 40 bil via pm
ROckah = 45 bil

B/O =

Post your offers here or pm me.

Thank you and happy bidding  

RiP -> .RAYA.***

Superfrog1219

Rank 4
Superfrog1219
PostedJun 18, 2010 8:45 pm
Just a random reminder!

GS do NOT have to help you, it isnt a GS duty.

BUT! Most of the GS team are always willing to help with trades. If you pm a GS keep in mind they maybe busy doing other things, so you may have to wait or try another GS. If only 1 GS is active in trade at that time I wouldnt ask them since they are normally over loaded with PMs from trade on the home server. Checking SB like Praixa pointed out is another great idea if the current GS is busy. Hug your GSs and be safe trading.