All right now this is a common one. Players have been know to remove items from trade window just as a player presses ok. Thus losing gold or items with nothing in return.
It is important for players to understand that player to player transaction method is NOT
a safe trading method. Please only use it when trading with people you trust.
Here are some alternate trading solutions:
Buying and Selling GM Enchants, GM Links and Character revivals.
- If the trade is a straight item for gold swap. Make use of the individual market function. This can be found in your subskills bar (B). Here you can clearly see the item and the set gold amount (The seller can not change this without closing shop). Please Note this function can only be used in: Apulune, Iris and Bootleggary area.
- If item trading is required, then do not hesitate to ask a GS for assistance. The GS offers a 3rd party trade buffer, both players give items to the GS, then the GS gives the items to their new owners.
Note: If a GS is not available on your server, you can check other servers and shout box, many GS's have alts on other servers, or trades can be performed in linked waiting room.
As these transactions require good faith on both parties behalfs and deal in large amounts of gold. It is very important to get a GS involved in your transaction. I would recomend a GS you know to share regular game play time with you to make things more convient.
Once the players have agreed on the amount, then payment should be given to the GS. Then and only then should the ticket for the enchant/link/revival be submitted. Once they player has received their link, enchant or revival they should contact the GS holding the gold. The GS will then pass the payment onto the seller.
AP Card Transactions.
- Do not give your item to be enchanted or linked to the person selling you the enchant/link, place it in slot 1, 1 and 2 if a link, of your warehouse. (Some GS's prefer to hold the item themselves, this is also acceptable.)
- Please also be patient. GM enchants and links can take several days for our lovely GMies to get through, so don't expect it to happen right away.
These transactions are NOT
safe transactions. There is no way to make these transactions 100% scam proof. You do these transactions at your own risk. As a result many GS's will refuse to do them. Involving a GS does NOT
prevent you from being scammed. Please be aware AGE is not responsible if you are scammed in this manner.
Contacting players outside of game/forums
Many players wish to discuss transactions over instant messanger, this is perfectly reasonable, HOWEVER, some people do this not for convience but in order to ask for payment not permitted by AGE's ToS.
23. All in game items, and accounts are the property of Aeria Games. No sale/exchange of said items is allowed accept as authorized by Aeria Games.
Buying in game items with real money/items is not permited, and can result in account suspension. If someone asks you for such payment please report them
If a player asks you to contact them via phone. I strongly advise against this. Some players are using extra-fee number's thus charging you for the call.
No GS is EVER required to assist in any transaction. If they refuse please be respectful of that as they usually do so for good reason.