dedepas

Rank 2
dedepas
PostedMay 02, 2010 7:51 pm   Last edited by dedepas on May 25, 2010 11:55 am. Edited 11 times in total

Guide for Knife mode

I will told you the basic thing about knife!
Knife is a meelee weapon (duh) with a maximun range of 2m (exeption for laggers who can go to 3m,or for the counter attack,which can range to 3-4m (3m if the opponent lags when you counter, and 4m if both players lag. When you respawn you kill the guys you supposed to kill with a count if the other wasn't here for kill you (with a difference of microseconds I think).

So start with basics : there are only 4 ways to kill:

Left mouse click:
This is a fast attack, which does 70HP damage first 1 and 60 the second time and 70 the last time... (thanks to AlteredBeast0 for this information)
This attack can be used for several thing:
-To Kill someone with less hp.
-If you are a noob and only do left mouse click .
-Reduce the hp of a tattoo user (now you can kill him with a right click).

Right mouse click:
Its the powerfull and slow attack that makes 200HP damage.
This is the most common attack,that usually kills unless,he doesn't have a tattoo(OR A bug that can leave him with 40HP left).

Right&Left Mouse buttons click(Counter-Attack):
"Counter" is a wonderful thing that saved me a lots of times.
"Counter" is an attack to prevent getting killed and actually killing the opponent (tattoo or anything else can't save you from dieing).
How to "counter":
For "counter" you do not need to see your opponent, you only need to perform it at the good moment, if you do it in the wrong moment, you are very likely to die (because this attack recharges **** Slowly)
You can "counter" both of the attacks, BUT

-To "counter" Left click you need to do it before the opponents attack.

-To "counter" right click you need to do it exactly the same time the attack is performed.

Due to a very important "timing" feature, lagging makes it even more difficult.
So the only Tip i can give you , when the enemy lags is to "Counter" a little bit earlier .

Remember : You can kill more then 1 person , when "countering"!

Headshot attack:
Headshot can kill everyone 1 shoot, its truly hard to did, but its the most powerfull thing in the knife ^^ ( you can did a headshot with every attack).
This attack is randomly do, you can't just aim the head and attack or a method exist, but no one know^^ (if someone know please told me how in a post). (thanks to SkelitalArm for remember me the headshot attack).

Ok, so what tactics should YOU use

"Left click method" :
Usage - If you are good in moving fast and play on high sensitivity.Or the opponent is really slow and noob.

Prevention - When facing the "left clicking enemy" its best to use the same vs him or you count, because if you miss the "right click attack" , then u are more likely to be sliced to death.

"Right click method" :
Usage - In order to efficiently use it , u need to keep distance from the enemy.

Prevention- Make him lose you out of sight/Make him miss when attacking/Predict and "Counter" it/Come close and fast-slice him.

"Counter" method :
Usage - You have to analyse how you opponent plays and "counter" his next move.

Prevention - Take your chance..He makes a mistake, you have lots of time to "right click" him.

How to kill a tattoo user :
Tattoo gives extra hp to a player so, there is 4 way to kill a tattoo user :
-Sneak him with a right click.
-"counter" him.
-Or (of course)a combination of "Right" and then "Left".
-Try to do an headshot!

Other TIPS:
-Its all about sense..you have to feel the right time to attack;
-Be inconsistent. Use all the methods. It will make enemies job much harder.
-Adjust your sensitivity! Pro players NEVER play for ex, Snipe and Knife using the same sensitivity. Find Your Knife sensitivity!!!

So there is what you need to know in order to be good in the knife game.
To read a guide is good , but in order to PWN u also need to try it . lol
I hope I explained correctly...sorry if I did some spelling mistakes.

Dedepas.

A BIG THANKS TO MY FRIEND slamDOGG WHO CORRECTED AND REPLACED MY SENTENCE AT THE GOOD PLACE!!!!

For more detail about knife you can go see another guide from a player named operativex
Here is the link: Operativex's Guide to Knifing
Advertisement

sabotageisdum

Rank 2
sabotageisdum
PostedMay 02, 2010 10:09 pm
Yea nice you posted in my topic Smile and Ty vm for that.This might go Stickie Smile so yeah Nice.Yeah i tried my best got 6 kills XD im still learning on knife tho Razz

Thanks for making the sig : jmr :

dedepas

Rank 2
dedepas
PostedMay 24, 2010 8:03 pm   Last edited by dedepas on May 25, 2010 1:04 pm. Edited 1 time in total
Thanks man, sorry for the answer a little bit late ^^.
I don't believe my post will be stick, this post is not awsome, is just a guide ^^.
By the way I updated my guide!

AlteredBeast0

Rank 2
AlteredBeast0
PostedMay 24, 2010 8:08 pm
correction dedepas, left click does 70 damage in first hit 200-70=130 then brings them down to 60 on 2nd left click hit and kills them in 3 hits left click i dunno how much it will be when they have a tattoo.

=Thx jp42021 :) ***Stare Into My Eyes And Face Fear*** Callsign= AltrdBeast99 **I love to Rage and Rush** >

dedepas

Rank 2
dedepas
PostedMay 24, 2010 8:19 pm
AlteredBeast0 wrote:
correction dedepas, left click does 70 damage in first hit 200-70=130 then brings them down to 60 on 2nd left click hit and kills them in 3 hits left click i dunno how much it will be when they have a tattoo.  

Thanks a lot, I corrected, but the last time I think it does 70 damage Very Happy , so who got a tattoo will got 70+60+70= 200 damage, he will survive because of this bonus health!
Thanks a lot AlteredBeast0 for correct my mistake!

SkelitalArm

Rank 2
PostedMay 24, 2010 9:42 pm

How to kill a tattoo user :
Tattoo gives extra hp to a player so, there is 3 way to kill a tattoo user :
-Sneak him with a right click.
-"counter" him.
-Or (of course)a combination of "Right" and then "Left".

You forgot the hardest one. Head shot.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

dedepas

Rank 2
dedepas
PostedMay 24, 2010 10:35 pm
SkelitalArm wrote:
You forgot the hardest one. Head shot.  

Thanks a lot man, I will add it Very Happy

SkelitalArm

Rank 2
PostedMay 25, 2010 10:09 am
Lol I wouldn't recomend trying to Headshot anybody but it's a possibility.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

nancolin

Rank 0
nancolin
PostedMay 25, 2010 10:56 am
lol nice 1

dedepas

Rank 2
dedepas
PostedMay 25, 2010 11:50 am
SkelitalArm wrote:
Lol I wouldn't recomend trying to Headshot anybody but it's a possibility.  

Same ^^, I only told that can be a possibility to do for kill people...

nancolin wrote:
lol nice1  

Thanks a lot man Very Happy