TheEraser

Rank 2
TheEraser
PostedFeb 21, 2007 5:18 am

I would like your opinion.

pls read
Ok, here is a situation,

a guy called assasinofdoom, who used to be in my guild , once borrowed 1.5 m from me and a 500k from a guild mate, and he bought a horse mount or a bog +10 ( i dont remeber wich it was...cuz he had wanted both) anyway, he borrowed our money. And then he suddenly decided to quit and sold his account to another guy.

Now the new guy, i went asked him to give us bak our money. and he replies, it isnt his fault someone ripped me off, and he isnt going to pay back! what bullsh1t is that!!!!! it was "assasinofdoom" the character who borrowed the money, so it is the characters responsibility to return it , no matter who plays on it!!! then why the Hard is he using the weapon or mount which i paid for??????

i know , its my fault in lending my money, and i am not reporting him or anything, i hav my own ways of dealing with him( like never letting him level again). i just want to ask the communities opinion, on whether he is "entitled" to return my money or not.......like, do u think selling the account to a new user means, the new user can take all the profits of the account and just forget the bad sides, like debts and etc etc?

LvL 90 RK Katar - Retired. Arnold Schwarzenegger: "Money doesnot make you happy. I have $50 million now, but I am just as happy as when I had $48 million."
Advertisement

lilacstorm

Rank 2
lilacstorm
PostedFeb 21, 2007 5:23 am
well i do think its really bad that that guy ripped you off but i dont think it is the guy who has got the account now's fault... Its like when you buy a house should you take on the debt of the person who owned it before you just because you are living there.... But do you know for sure that he sold the account?

Click for Ona's wet paint guide to LC for loads of helpful information

Camael

Rank 4
PostedFeb 21, 2007 5:25 am
i think the new user doesn't owe anything to you. the main reason is "how could he know what the precedent player did?". i could go askin him 2 millions too because i say that i lent him the money some time ago.
i'm not saying that you aren't telling the truth, but how could he know?

I don't use this account anymor. my new account is jamestont2

TheEraser

Rank 2
TheEraser
PostedFeb 21, 2007 5:28 am
lilacstorm wrote:
well i do think its really bad that that guy ripped you off but i dont think it is the guy who has got the account now's fault... Its like when you buy a house should you take on the debt of the person who owned it before you just because you are living there.... But do you know for sure that he sold the account?  

we wud hav to pay the debt if we r using something wicch the previous guy bought in debt...this guy is using the mounbt and the weapon..(not sure if iwas a +10 he bought)

LvL 90 RK Katar - Retired. Arnold Schwarzenegger: "Money doesnot make you happy. I have $50 million now, but I am just as happy as when I had $48 million."

TheEraser

Rank 2
TheEraser
PostedFeb 21, 2007 5:29 am
Camael wrote:
i think the new user doesn't owe anything to you. the main reason is "how could he know what the precedent player did?". i could go askin him 2 millions too because i say that i lent him the money some time ago.
i'm not saying that you aren't telling the truth, but how could he know?  

and the new user did tell me , that the old user told him i wud be mad...in short , he knows he owes me money.

heavydsdate

Rank 5
PostedFeb 21, 2007 5:31 am
This just my personal opinion but the old account owner should have made sure his debts were cleared up before the new owner of the account took over. But as the purchasor, the new account owner should have made sure there was no monies owing to anyone before he purchased the account.
You could ask the new guy if he knows if the old guy is still playing the game under another account and try to find him that way.
If you continnually harass the new player to the point where the game is no longer enjoyable you run the risk of getting banned yourself. Is it worth that? Is the question you have to ask yourself.

If I'm not on the Forums, I'm on my Harley!!!! Yes, I'm still a Game Sage! Posting and you...

TheEraser

Rank 2
TheEraser
PostedFeb 21, 2007 5:33 am
heavydsdate wrote:
This just my personal opinion but the old account owner should have made sure his debts were cleared up before the new owner of the account took over. But as the purchasor, the new account owner should have made sure there was no monies owing to anyone before he purchased the account.
You could ask the new guy if he knows if the old guy is still playing the game under another account and try to find him that way.
If you continnually harass the new player to the point where the game is no longer enjoyable you run the risk of getting banned yourself. Is it worth that? Is the question you have to ask yourself.  

O_o..sorry...

but surely pking is not harrasment?...he wont lose any exp........dunoo pls tell me..

heavydsdate

Rank 5
PostedFeb 21, 2007 5:36 am
Pking is not harrassment unless you continually do it. (over and over and over). Like I said if it gets to the point he can't play the game because you Pk him 10 times in 20 minutes that could be considered harasssing.

I agree with you, if it was me I would be VERY upset. 2 mil is alot of money to lose but don't screw yourself over someone elses ignorence. (it was an ignorent thing to do)

Just be creative when trying to get your money back.

If I'm not on the Forums, I'm on my Harley!!!! Yes, I'm still a Game Sage! Posting and you...

TheEraser

Rank 2
TheEraser
PostedFeb 21, 2007 5:41 am
is it ok if i make up devious ways of getting him red and then pking him? hehe Twisted Evil Twisted Evil he wudnot hav to know about it...

heavydsdate

Rank 5
PostedFeb 21, 2007 5:43 am
Hehe creativity!!!