F) GS/GM impersonation.

A) Harassment.

1. What is harassment?

Harassment includes but is not limited to the following:

• Threats.
    • Stalking.
    • Abusive or inappropriate language.
    • Public defamation.
    • Spamming party/friend/transaction/battle requests.
    • Disrupting anothers game play.
    • Repeated kill stealing.

2. How can I stop it?

If someone is harassing you, then I strongly advise blocking them. Also avoid them as much as possible. Please be aware that you can turn party, battle and transaction requests to auto reject in user options.

It is also very important that if someone is harassing you that you report them.

3. How can I report it?

Take as many screenshot's as you can, the more proof the better. Then go to www.aeriagames.com/contact select game support, then report behaviour. Fill out the form, include links to your screenshots in the proof section. You can upload your screenshot's to free picture sharing sites like photobucket or ImageShack.

B) Inappropriate language.

1. What is considered inappropriate?

This can be a bit of a grey area at times, but basically any curse words, racist or other discriminatory terms. As a general guide line if you feel someone can find it offensive (with in reason) don't use it. If someone asks you not to use a word or term because it's offencive please respect that request and player.

It is also important to note that spelling is irrelevant. Purposely misspelling a curse word does not mean it is not a curse word as the intent is still the same.

2. Do I have to put up with this?

Absoloutly not. If you witness a player using inappropiate language you should take a screenshot, then block the player. You should also report the player.

3. How do I report it?

Take as many screenshot's as you can, the more proof the better. Then go to www.aeriagames.com/contact select game support, then report behaviour. Fill out the form, include links to your screenshots in the proof section. You can upload your screenshot's to free picture sharing sites like photobucket or ImageShack.

C) Inappropriate name.

1. What is considered inappropriate?

Anything another player can (reasonably) find offencive. This includes but is not limited too: Curse words, sexually explict, drug referance, racist or discriminatory terms.

2. How do I report a name?

There are two ways to report an inappropriate name, but both require the exact spelling of the players name. You can either pass the name onto a GS who can pass it to a GM. If no GS's are available you can submit a ticket. A screenshot is not required in this instance but is helpful.

D) Hacking or exploiting.

1. What is an exploit?

An exploit is taking advantage of bugs or glitches in the game to access area's or create advantage not normally available to players with in normal game play restrictions.

You will not use any known bug for benefit. Examples of this are:

Using terrain features to prevent mobs from pathing to you.
    Using a skill/ability/item in such a manner as for it not to function as specified
    Using Game Mechanics exploits to favor your in PvP/PvE.  

2. How do I report this?

To report hacks or exploits you need proof. In some cases of exploting a screenshot or two is enough, but for others and hacks you generally need more proof.

How 2 Report a Speedhacker - The Completed Tutorial - Avalon_42
    How To be a Bot hunter.(Detecting and dealing with bots in an MMO.) - Azazl Rue

You can download the video recording program FRAPS here.

To compress your video:

FRAPS - Compressing Video - Mini-tut - Langerz

Once you have proof you need to submit a ticket.

E) Third party gold sellers.

1. What are third party gold sellers?

These are those spam bot's you see in Apulune and Iris. Trying to sell in game gold or power leveling services for real money.

2. Why are they bad?

23. All in game items, and accounts are the property of Aeria Games. No sale/exchange of said items is allowed accept as authorized by Aeria Games.  

Buying gold from these sellers is not only against AGE's rules, they are a scam and your account, credit card and even your identity can be at risk.

Please read this post by Superman0X if you wish to know why.

Buying from these sellers will result in your account being banned.

3. How do I report them?

The best way to get rid of them is to pass the spammers name onto a GS. But please keep in mind GS's can only have them removed if a GM is available.

F) GS/GM Impersonation.

1. How do I know if someone is a real GS/GM?

Firstly a GS's and GM's will always be tagged, and will not claim GS status on a non tagged toon.
    Secondly a GS/GM will NEVER ask for your password or account info*.
    Thirdly you can find a list of all current GS/GM's here.

* Sometimes a GS will need your account name. Please do not give out anything beyond this.

2. How do I report this?

The best way to report a GS/GM impersonater is by contacting a GS and passing the name of the imposter onto them. If you are unable to contact a GS then submit a ticket.

Advertisement

BladesOfDoom

Rank 3
BladesOfDoom
PostedApr 24, 2010 10:06 am
great guide Very Happy
karma for you ;3

<a>Image and video hosting by TinyPic</a>

hybridchic

Rank 3
hybridchic
PostedMay 20, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: Reporting Players.

General guide.
SailorSpira wrote:

A) Harassment.

1. What is harassment?

• Threats.
    • Stalking.
    • Public defamation.

2. How can I stop it?

If someone is harassing you, then I strongly advise blocking them. Also avoid them as much as possible. Please be aware that you can turn party, battle and transaction requests to auto reject in user options.

It is also very important that if someone is harassing you that you report them.

3. How can I report it?

In regards to harassment, if another player over a period of time harasses you (in a variety of ways mentioned from above) is it best to compile a bunch of ss-es?
Or is it good enough for me to have at least one ss from each incident of harassment (since it is almost never the same form of harassment in a row) from the same player?

SailorSpira

Rank 5
SailorSpira
PostedMay 21, 2010 2:06 am

Re: Reporting Players.

General guide.
hybridchic wrote:
SailorSpira wrote:

A) Harassment.

1. What is harassment?

• Threats.
    • Stalking.
    • Public defamation.

2. How can I stop it?

3. How can I report it?

In regards to harassment, if another player over a period of time harasses you (in a variety of ways mentioned from above) is it best to compile a bunch of ss-es?
Or is it good enough for me to have at least one ss from each incident of harassment (since it is almost never the same form of harassment in a row) from the same player?  

It's best to report each incedent as it occurs. However if the person is a repeat offender it doesn't hurt to mention you have reported them ubefore for similar activy and include RT# reference.