slwaters

Rank 1
slwaters
PostedApr 01, 2011 10:44 am
Definitely try it and see how it works for you!

If you notice your lagging, try the above advice listed!

Its a great game, and an awesome way to pass the time in my opinion!

Good luck!

<a>Photobucket</a>
Advertisement

slwaters

Rank 1
slwaters
PostedApr 02, 2011 2:16 pm
Updated and edited the post! Very Happy

<a>Photobucket</a>

WriterforGod

Rank 0
WriterforGod
PostedApr 04, 2011 6:42 am
I'd like to add that for GRB and AH, turning off helmets, capes, special effects, and the other graphic check boxes in the game options helps tremendously. By no means will this cure the lag, but I used to have to worry about lagging out of GMO right before GRB; with these options turned off, even my laptop (which meets the bare minimum requirements for Shaiya) does not lag out of GMO. Turning these options off can also help in other situations if you are experiencing a lot of lag Smile.

Good post, though, and I'm sure it's helpful to a lot of people Smile.

HunterGuy2

Rank 2
PostedApr 05, 2011 5:57 pm
In general, 90% of slowdowns come from 10% of the things you can tweak. Usually the programs you have running will barely make a difference in performance. Occasionally something misbehaves, and killing that 1 process will speed everything else up significantly. However, usually graphics lag is caused by the CPU or GPU being unable to keep up with load. Generally background programs run at 0% cpu, and killing them makes no difference.

Otherwise, I've found that seemingly random things will increase performance drastically. For example, in huge PVP battles with 60+ people involved I was getting about 1fps. I tried turning down my graphics settings/resolution, and it made no noticeable difference. Then I unchecked 'water surface effect', and instantly I was running at nearly full speed. There wasn't even any water on the screen.

>>we'll re-issue the post about expanding your virtual memory to help stop lagging.
All you're doing is increasing your pagefile size. If you run out of pagefile space, your computer will crash and burn, not "lag". If you don't run out of pagefile space, increasing it won't make a difference - anything stored in virtual memory has to be paged into RAM before it can be used, so the only thing that affects performance here is the amount of actual RAM you have.

slwaters

Rank 1
slwaters
PostedApr 05, 2011 10:31 pm
You are correct HunterGuy2,

But it is worth a try to change the things your able to to decrease the lag. Of course updating and upgrading hardware is the best method to fixing lag.. but not everyone can do that immediately.

Yes I noticed that the Water Surface Effect cause lag as well, I must have skipped over that part of my notes when I wrote the guide. I will be sure to edit it soon!

<a>Photobucket</a>

angeloxdemon

Rank 0
angeloxdemon
PostedApr 26, 2011 1:50 pm
one question

what to do with a windows XP ( isn't laptop )

i also use thse things alot putting effects on off and tht sort of things and i only have lagg when i have huge amountts of ppl can i even lower th lagg then ?

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedApr 26, 2011 2:11 pm
no, all PC's have their maximum and all games ahve their minimum power. there is a part where you can't improver/degrade to have less lagg issues

signature of xybolt

angeloxdemon

Rank 0
angeloxdemon
PostedApr 26, 2011 2:24 pm
nederlands xD

and what is the patch number they give in the download and what's the most recent?

impactvapors

Rank 0
PostedMay 15, 2011 10:38 am

Thanks

Ok, since the other night, my game has been lagging so hard, I can't even play. I thought it was my pc pfmance, so i cced, defregged, virus scanned, boosted, booted, rebooted, logged, relogged, uninstalled, installed etc etc. All of your advice was awesome considering a regular lagg issue and ty for that. In my particular case, the rest of my pc is running great i.e. I can play WoW and LC at the same time while watching youtube but can't play Shaiya even if its the only app running. You are very knowledgeable so you seem like the right guy to ask. What's next? I have 3 contis running, have missed grb and linking event and gm havent responded to my ticket. Any ideas? If it helps any, I'm using a laptop. ty

k2matrix

Rank 0
k2matrix
PostedMay 17, 2011 3:13 pm
As Solrac_Leinad mentioned, adjusting the settings of your graphics card is a major, first-step "tweak" to help reduce gameplay lag.
Personally, I'd lower these settings before switching off in-game effects and reducing the graphical quality, and see if it makes a sufficient improvement in itself.
I only use nVidia cards, so can only speak for them; but if you go to the card's Control Panel and adjust the 3D settings to Performance rather than Quality, you'll find you can recover a lot of FPS without having to lower the in-game effects, and with minimal reduction in graphical quality compared to turning off/down all the in-game options.

In terms of Advanced System Care 3 mentioned in the OP, run that and activate it's Smart RAM function, which you'll find in the Utilities tab.
In Settings, set it to run automatically at Windows Startup (and I also select and activate all the other options too).
If you have this app set to run upon boot, you'll have a small icon in the Taskbar that will give a visual indication of how much RAM your system currently has free.
Right-click that icon to quickly clean and recover RAM by selecting Smart or Deep clean whenever you need (don't bother with Smart - the time difference is minimal).

Also, Game Booster 2 is a good app, but I prefer the previous 1.6 version, as many of the functions that came free with v1.6 are now only available in the Premium version of v2.
You can find v1.6 towards the bottom of this page: http://www.iobit.com/download.html
Or download it directly from: http://iobit.com/downloadcenter.php?product=game-booster-v1

Cool