crystalpink

Rank 5.1
crystalpink
PostedApr 30, 2010 4:31 pm
Chirugai wrote:
I like the layout over all. My only qualm is the Inbox link is now in a drop down menu instead of on the page. Now that the inbox is hidden, it is easier to forget to check it. Sad  

Yup, I agree with this. If I didn't bother to hover the pointer on my profile name up there last night, I will probably miss the pm that someone sent to me yesterday afternoon. :/

Also, in this new layout, sometimes, the profile picture isn't displayed at the center, but at the top left potion of the display area like this:

Advertisement

bladezshadow

Rank 3
bladezshadow
PostedApr 30, 2010 5:18 pm
Want to see what shows up with Chrome?

crystalpink

Rank 5.1
crystalpink
PostedApr 30, 2010 8:36 pm
bladezshadow wrote:
Want to see what shows up with Chrome?

Wow, that's even worse than the one's displayed on firefox v.v
I start to think that this new website update is really an epic fail ><;;;

yulli

Rank 4
PostedApr 30, 2010 10:03 pm
JonGhost wrote:

It's showing up fine in my version of Firefox at home though. What version of Firefox and what OS are you using, yulli?  

now its not showing on IE either.
I have the first DOMO skin selected and it is just showing a plain light blue background, no picture. and on your profile Jon I see just a plain white background.

I am using windows XP with Firefox version 3.6.3 and Internet explorer 8.

krazyds

Rank 2
krazyds
PostedMay 01, 2010 4:00 pm
It would be nice if on Shaiya website ..

when you go to rankings for pvp.. lvl.. etc.. you could choose server from a button.. and not have to type it in each time

Giovanna_X

GameSage: DK Online
Giovanna_X
PostedMay 01, 2010 8:56 pm
Good thing I have the link to the PM Inbox bookmarked, I guess.

Chirugai wrote:
I like the layout over all. My only qualm is the Inbox link is now in a drop down menu instead of on the page. Now that the inbox is hidden, it is easier to forget to check it.  

Based on that quote, I have managed to locate the link, but was it really necessary to obscure the link by putting it into a drop-down menu? What is the point of this concealment? Why is it that "improvement" seems to be viewed as inconsistent with "user-friendly" so often by the site engineers?

By the way, I still have that mackerel. *brandishes it at the site engineers and growls*

RoyGreenhilt

Rank 0
RoyGreenhilt
PostedMay 02, 2010 4:08 am
crystalpink wrote:
Chirugai wrote:
I like the layout over all. My only qualm is the Inbox link is now in a drop down menu instead of on the page. Now that the inbox is hidden, it is easier to forget to check it. Sad  

Yup, I agree with this. If I didn't bother to hover the pointer on my profile name up there last night, I will probably miss the pm that someone sent to me yesterday afternoon. :/  

It would be a good idea to make java notifications when you receive a pm, either when you log in, or when you are logged in and receive one.

Another thing: The "Help" section needs a revamp, and especially it needs a direct link to the "Contact Us"-ticket system, not hidden somewhere else. Just put it in "Ticket - Request GM Support" or something. Something like this has been asked for a long time.

jotasnake

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
jotasnake
PostedMay 02, 2010 6:02 am
One small thing but that bothers me, on the language options it shows the portuguese language but with a brasilian flag, they talk that language too but doesnt mean its theirs.

LilianMcK

Rank 4
LilianMcK
PostedMay 02, 2010 9:02 am
RoyGreenhilt wrote:
crystalpink wrote:
Chirugai wrote:

It would be a good idea to make java notifications when you receive a pm, either when you log in, or when you are logged in and receive one.

Agree with all of above. I personally would like an alert if I have new mail. At the moment if I am in forums I go to updates in meebo to see if have mail. At this stage this hidden inbox in drop down list is the only thing that jumps out and I find a little irritating and a bit pointless in new layout.

As for the rest I will reserve judgement as it is early days and new things take time getting used to.

I am still rather concerned that shoutbox has not been fixed yet. The jumping of your message is to me more and more frequent now (drives me crazy trying to have a conversation with someone)and I am not sure if the following glitch is due to changes in website as I have not been around much, but noticed as of yesterday URL button no longer works for me and others in sb. This is annoying as we all know how difficult it is to copy and paste a link from there and now we actually have to remember to type in code before and after link. That URL button was so handy.

RoyGreenhilt

Rank 0
RoyGreenhilt
PostedMay 02, 2010 9:07 am
LilianMcK wrote:
I am still rather concerned that shoutbox has not been fixed yet.  

True. Every update of shoutbox has in fact created more problems with it, not solving some. Now not only messages are rearranged, but these "/" are added, and the buttons for bild, italic, underlined, and url don't work either. Why not just take an open source sb from websites with sb's that work?