IXchrisXI

Rank 0
PostedApr 10, 2010 9:45 am
yes on administrator account.
just downloaded the game and haven't even got on before.. friend ask me to join in but can't seem to start it
and yes i don't have any folder in my D drive for "workspace" or "elfonline"

don't say sorry, at least ur trying to help and i do appreciate it
Advertisement

balinesmalfoy

Rank 0
balinesmalfoy
PostedApr 10, 2010 10:02 am
ok sorry but i dont know anymore -.-
reinstalling the game should have solved it. try writing a ticked to the GMs?

sorry again but i'm out of ideas ._.

celestar

Rank 5.1
celestar
PostedApr 10, 2010 11:09 am
Does your game fully patch by itself after a new install? If you use the manual patch to patch a new install you need to start at the bottom and patch with all of them. the manual patches are not cumulative.

IXchrisXI

Rank 0
PostedApr 10, 2010 12:32 pm
i have tried both auto patch and manual patch through the few time of downloading and re-installing and i did follow the manual patch forum post instruction on how to do manual patch..

don work though...

celestar

Rank 5.1
celestar
PostedApr 10, 2010 5:45 pm
hmm, don't know if this will work but its worth a try. C_item.ini is packed into the pkg007.pkg, i'm going rar mine and put it on filefront for you. Backup the pkg007.pkg in the fantasia directory. Grab mine from here and unrar it and put it in the grandfantasia directory and try it. Couldn't hurt.

IXchrisXI

Rank 0
PostedApr 10, 2010 10:36 pm
i downloaded ur file and try it on good news is.. the error don show up

but bad news is... i got a new error lol

luncher and patch finish up smoothly just as before.. but instead of the error before about the LoadDB i'm now getting this

i try to load again after that and get a long patch loading time the 2nd time i start it up and i get the 1st error about LoadDB stuff again.

celestar

Rank 5.1
celestar
PostedApr 11, 2010 8:16 am
the only thing I can think of is that something is not getting properly packaged into the game on your computer. can you upload your pack.log,error.log and upgradeErrorReport.txt for me somewhere. I need to see what all is needed to possibly fix this. Are you running winxp or vista/win7?

Also did you try the following, put my file back in. Grab the grandfantasia.exe from the manual patch that jon ghost uploaded, overwrite yours with it. Then double click it to run the game and see if the same error occurs.

Llewelleyn

Rank 2
Llewelleyn
PostedApr 13, 2010 10:09 am
IXchrisXI wrote:
i downloaded ur file and try it on good news is.. the error don show up

but bad news is... i got a new error lol

luncher and patch finish up smoothly just as before.. but instead of the error before about the LoadDB i'm now getting this

i try to load again after that and get a long patch loading time the 2nd time i start it up and i get the 1st error about LoadDB stuff again.  

I use to get that error and I know how to fix it Smile

Do the following steps exactly! If you miss something it may keep giving you the error(it did for me anyways)

Make sure your system meets the minimum requirements.

Update your OS with all current patches, here:
http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

Update your DirectX to the latest version, here:
http://www.microsoft.com/directx/

Update your drivers to the latest version.
(Location dependent on your hardware)

Do a complete uninstall of your game. If you have problems with the uninstall, delete the directories, and use something to clean up the registry (http://www.ccleaner.com/)I missed using this program a bunch of times and kept getting the errors, I would suggest getting it and making sure it's all clean

Re-Start your machine.

Defrag your hard drive

Download the latest client

Re-install the game. Log in, patch, play.

Once this is done, its also recommended check out the manual patch thread in the forums

**"Based on my personality, I can carry a show for 12 minutes. And that includes 2 commercial breaks."**

Ryukvg

Rank 0
PostedAug 02, 2010 3:00 am
i'm having the same problem too from the beginning of this thread, my download goes smooth and the updating went fast and without any problems but i can't load the game because of the openfile error for LoadDB. i was with my friend and he downloaded it too but his works fine but mine doesn't. Both of our computers have all the requirements and it's confusing why this doesn't work.

celestar

Rank 5.1
celestar
PostedAug 02, 2010 10:20 am
Jon ghost posted in this
post that the problem is cause by a bad locate.ini file

take a look at your locate.ini file, can you post what is in there.