billdoor

Rank 5.1
billdoor
PostedSep 19, 2010 4:56 pm
@ Bloaterboy: No, according to the rules you are doing nothing wrong. Some might argue that you are in conflict with the Play Nice Policy, though. But the Play Nice Policy goes both ways - both those grinding in a spot and those wanting to get a piece of the action there should show consideration towards each other. No one can claim an area for theirs, but once a party has got a good spawn rhythm going, it is annoying if someone breaks it for them without warning.

Checking on the area before starting to kill is a good idea. Some might tell you that they've been grinding there for x hours, but that does not give them priority to the spot. Best way: talk first, agree on how to share, then grind. Worst way: barge in, get QQed at, QQ back, mutual threats of reports, waste xp cursing each other out.

SeasonsEnd/MadManMoon/Uigeadail - retired from Shaiya as of May 10th 2014.
Advertisement

Bloaterboy

Rank 0
PostedSep 19, 2010 5:23 pm
Thanks for the quick answer. It did get a little heated at the time, but I left after 20 mins or so of QQing. No one wants to annoy other players but XP is always needed.

Maybe more more areas of high lvl mobs in Lan would help....

oddysey123

Rank 0
oddysey123
PostedMar 09, 2011 10:44 pm
wow dude grz u r one of the few understandin what they readin!I totally agree with u there is no such thing in rules like ksin normal mobs, JUST QUEST BOSSES.And ppl should stop claimin place and bullie others or QQin and tellin u that u r not polite lol.I would ks every non quest boss out there.(nohard fillings guys)

SailorSpira

Rank 5
SailorSpira
PostedMar 09, 2011 10:49 pm
oddysey123 wrote:
wow dude grz u r one of the few understandin what they readin!I totally agree with u there is no such thing in rules like ksin normal mobs, JUST QUEST BOSSES.And ppl should stop claimin place and bullie others or QQin and tellin u that u r not polite lol.I would ks every non quest boss out there.(nohard fillings guys)  

Repeatably attacking monsters someone else is attacking is harrassment. So yes it is against the rules, the rules just state that a single instance of attacking a monster someone else is fighting is not considered an issue.

While accidents happen, any behaviour that is a deliberate attempt to interupt or disrupt anothers game play is an issue and can not just be washed away with "it wasn't a quest boss". Just treat others with respect and there will be no issues.

.hybridchic.

Rank 1
.hybridchic.
PostedMar 09, 2011 11:09 pm
SailorSpira wrote:

Repeatably attacking monsters someone else is attacking is harrassment. So yes it is against the rules, the rules just state that a single instance of attacking a monster someone else is fighting is not considered an issue.

While accidents happen, any behaviour that is a deliberate attempt to interupt or disrupt anothers game play is an issue and can not just be washed away with "it wasn't a quest boss". Just treat others with respect and there will be no issues.  

There was much debate about this particular rule discussed in page 4 onward of this thread

I don't disagree with you (though my reasoning is different), however it is because of posts like this and messages GSes say in game that I think that KS Rules thread should be edited.

/end of my 2 cents

Lanceknightmare

Rank 2
PostedMar 10, 2011 1:49 am
If someone steals a boss. That's a Tos violation. But, what if there are more than one raid. That is fighting for the boss?

I'd also like to know if this is against the rules. Since this happens to me on occasion and really ruins my gaming experience.

I enter an area solo that a party is killing. Or in some cases, I am just killing regular monsters in Stigma. A party comes along and says taken. Or in the case of Stigma. Something along the lines of. Is there going to be a problem here?

After that, if I don't leave the area immediately. Every monster I kill is stolen. Keep in mind, I'm not taking monsters that they are pulling.

billdoor

Rank 5.1
billdoor
PostedMar 10, 2011 2:16 am
Lanceknightmare wrote:
If someone steals a boss. That's a Tos violation. But, what if there are more than one raid. That is fighting for the boss?

I'd also like to know if this is against the rules. Since this happens to me on occasion and really ruins my gaming experience.  

There is only a violation if the boss in question is among the named bosses in the KS rules AND if there are questers present looking to get their quest completed AND none of those questers are included in the raid killing the boss. If both/all raids have questers, it's a free for all situation as far as I can see it, as the raids all fulfill the requirements to avoid breaking the quest boss KS rule.

I enter an area solo that a party is killing. Or in some cases, I am just killing regular monsters in Stigma. A party comes along and says taken. Or in the case of Stigma. Something along the lines of. Is there going to be a problem here?

After that, if I don't leave the area immediately. Every monster I kill is stolen. Keep in mind, I'm not taking monsters that they are pulling.  

Well, Stigma is long since declared free for all - ie no KS rules apply. That was mainly meant for the bosses, though. Claiming Stigma is not something that anyone is entitled to do, but people tend to "queue up" for Stigma and let those already inside finish up. Even though common courtesy has had the result of people doing this, there is no stopping you entering and killing in Stigma while another group is in there.

So no, in principle there is no problem in what you describe. Stigma is free for all, no KS rules apply (although I wonder why you would not go for the bosses in there...mobs don't drop much of worth, and there's easier XP to be had elsewhere), and there is no claiming of areas. On the other hand, taking a hard stance on this can often lead to arguments, which quite often flares into verbal abuse and harassment. I advice to pick your words carefully if in a situation like this - you might be in the right, but if you risk being caught out of line with someone, you might be the one getting a ticket filed on you...

Bottom line: no issue, but handle with care.

SeasonsEnd/MadManMoon/Uigeadail - retired from Shaiya as of May 10th 2014.

Verni

Rank 0
PostedJun 07, 2012 1:27 am
there is a common practice where someone is killing a certain group of mobs in an area for some time, and then someone else comes and tries to 'share' mobs. Usually with lvl 70's power leveling there are never enough mobs, and the weaker/newer player who comes along cannot get a spot. However what they do instead of just asking when they'll be done, they start verbally accusing the existing player(s)/grinders of "KS'ing" and demand they share (or they report for 'intentionality KS'ing). Its NOT polite to just start killing when others are already killing in a spot. This has nothing to do with claiming a spot/mobs, but people seem to think their rudeness of killing mobs that are part of an existing loop kill isn't against the ToS and instead start accusing 'spots can't be claimed' rubbish in an effort to avoid the real subject of them taking mobs already being killed as part of a loop. This is the real issue that should be raised, not 'mob claiming' or 'spots can't be claimed', etc.. People are so rude they just come to a spot that already has a party killing (most loops are well known these days), and barge their way in.

If one wants to quote the ToS, then it relates to this point in the ToS:

"7. User Conduct
(l) Impede the flow of chat in game, in forums, or in chat rooms with vulgar language, abusiveness, use of excessive shouting (ALL CAPS) "spamming" or any other disruptive or detrimental methods in an attempt to disturb other users or AGE employees;'"

This is how they remove existing (and more superior) players from their grind by disrupting an existing grind/loop kill. Then PM / Area chat abuse causing frustration and eventually making the original player/group quit the area. Then they report their frustrated response and get them banned for 'harassment'.

There are many low-lifes in the game, and they use this method to get others banned when they were minding their own business doing their own grind for hours. There is no respect anymore, and the KS rule removal was the worse thing the GM's did since it implies and allows dis-respect and trolling/fights over legit grinders. Now that you can't 'claim' a spot (to use the term very loosely), it just allows unjust harassment instead of those 'cant claim' advocates, as there are ways to troll someone out of a spot now. Solution? go to another spot instead? well why should existing grinders move when new grinders come? shouldn't the new grinders just go find another spot instead? or just simply wait till the existing grinders are finished? Apparently not.

I don't expect any GM to even bother reading this, since they abandoned the game long ago and only have $$ in their eyes at the detriment of game play. The ONLY reason the KS rule was removed was because there was so much of it going on, and it was too hard to determine/manage, they just said 'to Hard with it, all bars removed, do what you like'. With a game population that has no fundamental courtesy or players who don't know what is right and what is wrong, this is why societal morals are so poor in countries like the USA and other countries with such high crime %'s - but we wont go into socialogical reasons nor the game-player culture here.

The game wont last much longer, and overall this company is being run into the ground due to the poor decisions of how their games are managed. This is just another example of so many others.

Avyn

Rank 5.2
Avyn
PostedJun 07, 2012 4:41 am
@ Verni:

Are you trying to say that rudeness is, or should be, against Terms of Service?

Verni

Rank 0
PostedJun 07, 2012 4:54 am
Avyn wrote:
@ Verni:

Are you trying to say that rudeness is, or should be, against Terms of Service?  

Not really, thats a failure on peoples upbringing and nothing to do with this game but disrupting an existing grinders loop is. So is entrapment/trolling to get someone else banned.